How to stop a screen pass in madden ?

I am a descant madden player , rec is 32-23 or something like that. Anyway today i was playing and won 3 in a row.. Beat guys who was 37-37, 12-9 and another rec i cant remember.

Last guy i played was a faggot who was doing the same freaking screen pass all the time. Only thing he was doing was switching sides so if i select one player to shadow him he would quickly switch to another side before i could select another player on other side and run the play. Also he would switch sides few times and i couldnt even guess so i wouldnt know what side hes doing the screen pass. He would line up in shutgun formation and kill me with pearcy harvin (Vikings). Worst thing is , he is 7-7 so i know that there is a way to stop his gayness but i just couldn't figure it out. I play with the falcons and everything i tried failed..... there was few times where i should have picked him off but ofcourse our DB's dropped the ball so he didnt get to pay for it his mistakes. He scored 3 tds before half and i couldnt stop it. If i stop it one time he would do it again switch sides and get it. I managed to make it 3-3 one time but he did it again and gained at least like 7 yards.

Needless to say it was frustrating, i didnt have fun and quit after he was about to score his fourth td before half! What defense should i use to stop this gayness...Stuff like this makes me wanna quit playing madden online, i dont get it...how much fun is it to run same play every single time every game you play... how lame is that. I cant see my self having fun doing that even if i am winning EVERY game.

Whenever I ntice someone killing it this is what I do. I select the Quarter Defense and choose any of the Cover 3 plays. Then I send both ends out to cover the flat. That way you have a CB and DE on each side. But it's up to you to cover the rest of the field

Bravo my freind

I go into the Dime <Flat> defense. That will shut down all the screen passes, and toss plays. Or at least it usually does, and it stops the deep stuff too while keeping some pressure on the QB. It works for me.

^^ This. Dime Flat works really well against screens and tosses and even QB scrambles. It took me 3 quarters of playing against a guy (with the Vikings of course) who threw to Harvin in the flat or Peterson on an angle route EVERY single play until I figured it out.

I lost the game, but only by 2 points. I should've never played the loser- he was one of these dooshes with a great record but like 33% DNF.

i wish someone would just use the screen...........control a fast LB and roll out with the RB if thats who he is hitting in the flats.........dont get blocked...................lay him out.........pick him off.....skys the limit if you pay attention.

:lol: I seen where you posted this on the official XBOX forums as well. I see they told you to do the same thing I said with you your linemen. Did it work?

lol yah i posted it everywhere to make sure i can stop the people that do it. I played today and Cover Flat worked the best agains screen passes but i only got a chance to test it two times since i didnt play any bad players.

I read on the EA site that there is a patch in the works to cut down the effectiveness of the flat and screen passes. I'm not sure if it's going to be the first patch (which is supposedly completed and just waiting on approval from MS and PS) or if it's the second patch which is in progress now.

The second patch is also supposed to include a fix to improving sacks by the user on the cpu.... I wish they'd hurry. I don't want to start my franchise until then.

I read on the EA site that there is a patch in the works to cut down the effectiveness of the flat and screen passes. I'm not sure if it's going to be the first patch (which is supposedly completed and just waiting on approval from MS and PS) or if it's the second patch which is in progress now.

The second patch is also supposed to include a fix to improving sacks by the user on the cpu.... I wish they'd hurry. I don't want to start my franchise until then.

Improving user sacks to the cpu?? That's a wasted process they're working on with the second. Sacking the cpu aint hard at all

Passing to the flats really only works when a QB runs to the sidelines. Screens don't work too often really. Unless you're able to wait long enough to set up the blocks, they wont work.

Hmm i would have to disagree...

I kill people by doing play action and dumping it off to TG in the flats .. Its usually an easy 10yard pickup...

Also screen passes are lethal

I my self scored 3 touchdowns today in 3 different games on screen plays. All of the touchdowns were 30+ yards with Roddy white. I wasnt cheesing it, i only tried it 5 times in those 3 games so 3/5 times it went for a touchdown. One screen went for 8 yards and the other one, Roddy dropped the pass.

Screen pass can be VERY good if you surprise the opponent. I dont usually use the screen pass until later in the game when my opponent is not anticipating it and is trying to stop TG, Jenkins, Roddy White and Turner..

I am talking about online play btw.

I'm sure I'll catch you online sometime. Unless I'm with my girlfriend or it's a friday night, I'm generally on because I have work and classes and everything.

I'm normally on Friday nights if I dont have to work or early Saturday and Sunday b4 football gets started. Normally when we be on together, I be playin Gears of War and I think you be on COD. Or something other than Madden :lol: