With Norwood out Jason Snelling has definitely earned sum snaps...

Gimmesomo!!!

I've been scratching my head for a couple years as to why he hasn't had more of an opportunity to show his ability and with Norwood injured and Turner needing to keep his mileage low Snelling should definitely touch the ball atleast 10-15 times a game. The fact that he's a power back with speed and wiggle makes it a no-brainer imho but does the coaching staff feel the same way is the question...

10-15? Nah. Snelling shoud maybe get 5-10 touches or so. Turner needs to maintain around 300-320 this year(about 20 a game), Norwood needs to get it about 10 a game, and Snelling can do spot work for Turner. You put the ball in your play-maker's hands, and Turner and Norwood are just that, play-makers. Don't get me wrong though, I do like Snelling.

You know something nobody else knows? As far as i know Jerious will good to go this Sunday, which would negate the

purpose of this thread.

Not to mention te fact that Gonzo will get his, and most of them are coming from Turner's touches. There are not enough plays to feed three RBs and a real pass game.

You know something nobody else knows? As far as i know Jerious will good to go this Sunday, which would negate the

purpose of this thread.

He was already practicing so I don't see him missing this game. Snelling should get 5 to 8 touches though. He's got talent. Turner should get around 25 and Norwood should get 10 to 15 total offensive touches.

Yeah, I have loved Snelling since we saw him get extensive play time in his first preseason. Obviously the team sees something they really like in him to keep him on the roster and cut one of their own draft picks in Brown, who also was doing a nice job returning kicks.

I'd love to see Snelling get 5 touches a game and see him really beast it up. Think Snelling at 5, Norwood at 10, and Turner at 20 carries would keep them all nice and fresh and give us over 30 rushes a game. Or whatever. I think he deserves something other than just some special teams play.

I'd love to see Snelling get 5 touches a game and see him really beast it up. Think Snelling at 5, Norwood at 10, and Turner at 20 carries would keep them all nice and fresh and give us over 30 rushes a game. Or whatever. I think he deserves something other than just some special teams play.

This looks like the perfect mix to me. Everybody gets their touches and Turner stays young.

The average offense executes around 1000 plays in a season.

Passing plays - 500

Rushing plays - 500

I don't think there's any way we give Snelling a third of the carries. That doesn't make sense to me. At only 10 times a game, that's 160 times you are not giving the ball to Norwood or Turner. I am very confident in Snelling should he have to play, but I wouldn't take the ball away from Turner or Norwood to make him play.

The average offense executes around 1000 plays in a season.

Passing plays - 500

Rushing plays - 500

I don't think there's any way we give Snelling a third of the carries. That doesn't make sense to me. At only 10 times a game, that's 160 times you are not giving the ball to Norwood or Turner. I am very confident in Snelling should he have to play, but I wouldn't take the ball away from Turner or Norwood to make him play.

So you're going to give Norwood 250 carries? No way in **** i'd give Norwood 250 carries.

So you're going to give Norwood 250 carries? No way in **** i'd give Norwood 250 carries.

250? No way. I'm not going to limit Turner to only 250. Personally, I would be surprised if Turner had less than 340 carries this season. Yes, he had too many last season at over 370. But 320 is a lot less than people realize. For instance, LaDanian Tomlinson is a much smaller back, about 20lbs smaller, and he has AVERAGED 332 carries per season since entering the league 8 years ago. 5 of those 9 seasons he had 339+ carries. Even a guy with a injury history like Portis has 3 of his 7 seasons with over 340 carries (one of those was in only 15 games). Portis only had 1 full season where he had less than 340 carries (325 that year), but he had 48 receptions to go along with it that season, giving him 373 touches (almost the same as Turner last season). Larry Johnson had 416 carries 3 years ago.

All I'm saying is that with a feature back like Turner, you don't limit him unless he needs it. If he can handle 340 carries, you give him 340 carries. I do think 370+ is getting up there, but if Adrian Peterson can handle the beating of 363 carries at 40lbs smaller, why would we want to handcuff Turner to only 300-320?

Are you blind and senseless too? We want Norwood to get more

touches because he has a career yards per carry around 6. It translates

to more wins if he gets it more. Snelling is a good depth and special teams

but if we see a lot of him it means somebody else is hurt. He is not in the

mix for a bunch of carries.

250? No way. I'm not going to limit Turner to only 250. Personally, I would be surprised if Turner had less than 340 carries this season. Yes, he had too many last season at over 370. But 320 is a lot less than people realize. For instance, LaDanian Tomlinson is a much smaller back, about 20lbs smaller, and he has AVERAGED 332 carries per season since entering the league 8 years ago. 5 of those 9 seasons he had 339+ carries. Even a guy with a injury history like Portis has 3 of his 7 seasons with over 340 carries (one of those was in only 15 games). Portis only had 1 full season where he had less than 340 carries (325 that year), but he had 48 receptions to go along with it that season, giving him 373 touches (almost the same as Turner last season). Larry Johnson had 416 carries 3 years ago.

All I'm saying is that with a feature back like Turner, you don't limit him unless he needs it. If he can handle 340 carries, you give him 340 carries. I do think 370+ is getting up there, but if Adrian Peterson can handle the beating of 363 carries at 40lbs smaller, why would we want to handcuff Turner to only 300-320?

This is AP's 3rd year, and he's already missed time. Portis has been injury prone like you said and 4 of his 7 with less than 340 carries. You're giving me stats from running backs that have all missed time. Larry Johnson had 416 carries 3 years ago, but 2 years ago he was out week 9 for the rest of the season, might have had something to do with the 416 carries 3 years ago.

Yes Turner is a very solid back at 256 pounds, but if we have someone who isn't a total drop off in production, we should use him sparingly.

it's super obvious how severely underrated Jason Snelling is...it's unfortunate that after seeing the success of certain power/slash speed back duos nobodies gotten the bright idea that MAYBE a Turner-Snelling one, two punch maybe more formidable than Turner-Norwood, especially since defenses can more easily recognize our offensive plays when Norwood is on the field....um thinkin duh...but Einstein wasn't too popular until he was dead either so...(shrug)