Where to go for our 5 year anniversary?

mookie3127

so the thread title pretty much says it. mrs. mookie and i are trying to plan out where to go for our 5 year anniversary. anyone with good ideas of where to go? we're going to try and do something nicer for the more "special" anniversaries such as 5, 10, 15, etc. right now we're thinking of the US Virgin Islands or St. Lucia. we have passports, so anywhere is a possibility until we see the prices. we've also considered Costa Rica b/c for the same price as the USVI, we can go from a studio apartment in the USVI to a full house for a week or so in Costa Rica. the only draw back is that said house, which is gorgeous, is a 45 minute drive to the nearest beach. No kids at this point in time, so it doesn't have to be "kid friendly" nor does it have to be a "love nest" b/c mookie doesn't get into the whole romantic scene......he fails tremendously at it. so let's hear some ideas.

so the thread title pretty much says it. mrs. mookie and i are trying to plan out where to go for our 5 year anniversary. anyone with good ideas of where to go? we're going to try and do something nicer for the more "special" anniversaries such as 5, 10, 15, etc. right now we're thinking of the US Virgin Islands or St. Lucia. we have passports, so anywhere is a possibility until we see the prices. we've also considered Costa Rica b/c for the same price as the USVI, we can go from a studio apartment in the USVI to a full house for a week or so in Costa Rica. the only draw back is that said house, which is gorgeous, is a 45 minute drive to the nearest beach. No kids at this point in time, so it doesn't have to be "kid friendly" nor does it have to be a "love nest" b/c mookie doesn't get into the whole romantic scene......he fails tremendously at it. so let's hear some ideas.

Go to Las Vegas, and stay at the Mandalay Bay. It's connected to Luxor and Excalibur. The Bellagio Fountains are beautiful (especially at night). Make sure you visit the Paris hotel, and see the view from the Eiffel Tower....The night time view is beautiful. I could fill up an entire page about Las Vegas.....My husband and I went there last summer for our 10th anniversary.

Go to Las Vegas, and stay at the Mandalay Bay. It's connected to Luxor and Excalibur. The Bellagio Fountains are beautiful (especially at night). Make sure you visit the Paris hotel, and see the view from the Eiffel Tower....The night time view is beautiful. I could fill up an entire page about Las Vegas.....My husband and I went there last summer for our 10th anniversary.

Vegas is good for a fifth or tenth anniversary. Overseas vacations are for 15 years or more. Unless you are rich and you travel all the time.

these people are crazy. Paris is one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. So much culture and gorgeous architecture and great food and wine. There are some snobby Parisians, but in my experience the French are among the nicest people in the world.

Anyway, go with Costa Rica. That's where I want to live. Playa Ocotal on the Pacific coast is PARADISE. and they love Americans down there.

Just be careful- there are millions of fine-*** Jennifer Lopez clones who will do whatever you want for $20.

If youre thinking tropical Ive heard Haiti is just unbelievably gorgeous. Yeah they got that one thing going on that probably doesnt help, but whatever. I personally enjoyed Jamaica when i went a few years ago. There's always Hawaii too. Probably pricey and toursity but I imagine that place to be pretty fun.