The Wildcat is all Hype

Peyton

The Dolphins run game isn't all that. They suprised NE early in the year with it last year, but after that they were just an average running team. The Falcons were a great running team. So all I hear is "how are the Falcons going to stop the Wildcat". The better question is "How are the Dolphins going to stop the Falcons".

The Dolphins average 118 yards per game last year on 4.2 YPC, playing 7 games against teams ranked 22nd or worse in run defense. They were held to less than 75 yards rushing 5 times.

The Falcons averaged 152 yards per game last year on 4.4 YPC, playing 6 games against teams ranked 22nd or worse in run defense.

The Falcons were held to less than 75 yards rushing ZERO times.

I'm sick of hearing about the overhyped "wildcat" and I can't wait til the Falcons stomp the Dolphins on Sunday.

i'm not going to say anything because i remember the last time a team ran the wild cat like crazy on us. -_- granted it was a different team and under a different staff and stuff, but tricky plays always seem to be our weakness (screens, draws, etc.).

that said i do think we beat the phins.

Oh God don't remind me! Worst game I've EVER been to...and I don't get to go to many!

The Dolphins run game isn't all that. They suprised NE early in the year with it last year, but after that they were just an average running team. The Falcons were a great running team. So all I hear is "how are the Falcons going to stop the Wildcat". The better question is "How are the Dolphins going to stop the Falcons".

The Dolphins average 118 yards per game last year on 4.2 YPC, playing 7 games against teams ranked 22nd or worse in run defense. They were held to less than 75 yards rushing 5 times.

The Falcons averaged 152 yards per game last year on 4.4 YPC, playing 6 games against teams ranked 22nd or worse in run defense.

I'm sick of hearing about the overhyped "wildcat" and I can't wait til the Falcons stomp the Dolphins on Sunday.

thank you!!!! people even use the wildcat in madden all the time....its easy to stop. once they get a real running game going then i think they could beat us....maybe. sorry.....trick running plays only take you so far. D coordinators have had months to stop the wildcat....sure van gorder and smith have been working on it.

on top of that once you take away those trick running plays then its back to the basics...and sorry....pennington can't throw past 10 yards. and our d is fast enough to stop a quick slant as soon as the receiver catches it.

wildcat is overated. just like the reverse play.....once noticed, it works rarely.

i am also sick of hearing about this wildcat . Our run defense is our power if we have any power on defense and we can shut them down easily , ronnie brown is not as good as people make him out to be . They better come up with some passing schemes .

ronnie brown is just as good as his teammate in college........................................... :mellow:

not very

Oh God don't remind me! Worst game I've EVER been to...and I don't get to go to many!

I still remember, Everyone in the Dome knowing what was coming. Jake would leave the game, direct snap, 1st down. Over and Over and Over.

If I remember correctly, if we would have won that game we would have had back to back winning seasons.

Good Points!

I would love to throw the Wildcat back in there face a few times with Norwood getting the direct snap.

The fad known as the Wild Cat will be kicked back to the college ranks where it belongs.

I like the wildcat because it brings even more excitement to this great game. When we used it we had a positive outcome almost every time. Jerious always makes it exciting when he gets in to that formation!

For the record I believe they have a good team. It is a good test and it will help us gauge our team's strength. If we dominate then it really sends a message to the league that we are no fluke. Even if we lose there will be some positives to build on!