Falcons Defense

FinNasty

Hey guys, Fin fan here. Just wanted to talk about the game. I'm PUMPED that football season is back!!!

Anyway, I've read on here that you guys have concerns over your defense.

Specifically, what have the problem areas? How has your run defense been? Have you been giving up big chunks of yardage on the ground? If so, is it more the DL getting pushed off the LOS and sealed? Or are the LBs not filling their gaps?

I've read that there are concerns over the CBs? What are they doing that has been bad? Giving up stuff underneath, or getting beat deep? How are the safeties in coverage? Is there not enough pass rush, leaving them out to dry? I know Abraham's a stud, but how is your pass rush opposite him?

Good luck guys on Sunday. Lets both hope for an injury-free outcome! (and a Fins win... ;))

Hey guys, Fin fan here. Just wanted to talk about the game. I'm PUMPED that football season is back!!!

Specifically, what have the problem areas? How has your run defense been? Have you been giving up big chunks of yardage on the ground? If so, is it more the DL getting pushed off the LOS and sealed? Or are the LBs not filling their gaps?

I've read that there are concerns over the CBs? What are they doing that has been bad? Giving up stuff underneath, or getting beat deep? How are the safeties in coverage? Is there not enough pass rush, leaving them out to dry? I know Abraham's a stud, but how is your pass rush opposite him?

Good luck guys on Sunday. Lets both hope for an injury-free outcome! (and a Fins win... ;))

Here is a link to all of our concerns, please feel free to help yourself

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showforum=45

Hope that you finish in time because you are invited to our Fish Fry at 1:00pm on Sunday at the Dome, please bring plenty Hot Sauce. :D

Welcome and thanks for a respectful post!

The Falcon eat lightning and crap thunder this year. No holes, no weaknesses. Be afraid!

ground defense has been awesome in preseason.

DBs have been poor in coverage, giving up long plays. We gave up like 7 of 8 attempts on 3rd and long (as in like 12 + yards)

Traitor <_< , We are too close to the Day of reckoning to talk weaknesses with the enemy, he should have asked last week along with his other Dolphin friends.

Traitor <_< , We are too close to the Day of reckoning to talk weaknesses with the enemy, he should have asked last week along with his other Dolphin friends.

I understand , but it isn't any big secret to what the CB did in the preseason, but we know that the coaching staff put them in those positions to see how they would respond and adjust , which actually paid off with the needed adjustment of getting two vet. CB to streinghten those positions and depth , and we k new going into this season that there's going to be some growing pains . When it's all said and done they're going to see what the Falcons is going to unveal come Sunday, it's the Biggest Mahi Mahi (Dolphin) Grill in the World ..........

Run D is ok. It's the pass rush and secondary that has given us the most concern. They've addressed some of those issues by bringing in Tye Hill and Williams - 2 veterans. Truth is though, we have the youngest D in football and they just have to play together for a while to gel completely. In the meantime, we have good coaching to help through the transition. I have a feeling we'll be a "bend but don't break" Defense again the first few games of this year - giving up the yards and buckling down on the scoring until these guys meld.

Our O is going to have to take up the slack.

I just want to see 60 minutes of hard hitting football and like you - no injuries!

I think it's going to be a good one. I'm so pumped up I could scream. I already have all my gear ready and we'll be leaving here at 6am Sunday morning to get there - I can't wait!

Run D is ok. It's the pass rush and secondary that has given us the most concern. They've addressed some of those issues by bringing in Tye Hill and Williams - 2 veterans. Truth is though, we have the youngest D in football and they just have to play together for a while to gel completely. In the meantime, we have good coaching to help through the transition. I have a feeling we'll be a "bend but don't break" Defense again the first few games of this year - giving up the yards and buckling down on the scoring until these guys meld.

I just want to see 60 minutes of hard hitting football and like you - no injuries!

I think it's going to be a good one. I'm so pumped up I could scream. I already have all my gear ready and we'll be leaving here at 6am Sunday morning to get there - I can't wait!

In that case, I think we may go with a lot of 3 wide and do a lot of short passing to move the chains and keep the clock running to try to keep your offense off the field.

*Note to self PM Tandy and let her know not to be nice to opposing fans*

In that case, I think we may go with a lot of 3 wide and do a lot of short passing to move the chains and keep the clock running to try to keep your offense off the field.

I can see that. I can also see us running up your gut all day long to keep your offense off the field. I truly think - both OCs have this in mind. Now on Sunday - we get to see who wins the battle of clock management.

*Note to self PM Tandy and let her know not to be nice to opposing fans*

I know - I know. There are some who are real dirtbags and just come in for trouble and smack (ie: JackFanny) and others who really just want to talk football and have friendly smack (FinNasty and Bucman). I will be nice until they say something bad about my birds - then it's on!

I can see that. I can also see us running up your gut all day long to keep your offense off the field. I truly think - both OCs have this in mind. Now on Sunday - we get to see who wins the battle of clock management.

I know - I know. There are some who are real dirtbags and just come in for trouble and smack (ie: JackFanny) and others who really just want to talk football and have friendly smack (FinNasty and Bucman). I will be nice until they say something bad about my birds - then it's on!

I hear ya you cant help it Tandy you are built that way LOL :D

i agree tandy,we dont want to have the rep we used to have around here, its so much more fun....but when they talk trash, we have to take the trash out