I can't believe my ears

David TTU

That's what Colin Cowherd just called us in picking the Dolphins to win 20-17 this weekend. First, that's surprising because Cowherd has been one of the staunchest Falcons fans over the past several months, on several occasions picking us as a top 3 NFC team and a solidified Super Bowl contender.

I hate the term "finesse" when it comes to football, just like I hate the terms "gimmicks" and "tricks" when all of those things are just referring to a different way of moving the ball down the field....as if there's only one way to play football?!?! However, as I come to understand it, a finesse team is one who passes the ball a lot, is not a "smashmouth" team on offense and so forth. What could be further from the truth as far as this team is concerned? I don't get it!

Does anyone see where we could be called a "finesse" team? Is that a reasonable assessment?

Makes no sense at all. New Orleans is a finesse team, so is Indy. ****, even the Patriots are more finesse than we are. We should ask whatever player lines up against Dahl, or Ovie, or Turner. I believe our offense is very comparable to Philly, Carolina, Pittsburgh, and the Ravens.

Our offense is a lot more sophisticated that Baltimore's, but I agree with you.

That's what Colin Cowherd just called us in picking the Dolphins to win 20-17 this weekend. First, that's surprising because Cowherd has been one of the staunchest Falcons fans over the past several months, on several occasions picking us as a top 3 NFC team and a solidified Super Bowl contender.

I hate the term "finesse" when it comes to football, just like I hate the terms "gimmicks" and "tricks" when all of those things are just referring to a different way of moving the ball down the field....as if there's only one way to play football?!?! However, as I come to understand it, a finesse team is one who passes the ball a lot, is not a "smashmouth" team on offense and so forth. What could be further from the truth as far as this team is concerned? I don't get it!

Does anyone see where we could be called a "finesse" team? Is that a reasonable assessment?

I hope to see Ovie and Turner finesse right over Joey Eugene Porter. I also hope Abraham's finesses the he!! out of Pennington. :lol:

That's crazy... we are NOT a finesse team. Dude has lost his mind. Teams that finish 2nd in rushing yards the year before are NOT finesse teams. Someone should email him to get justification on that one...

WEll... when we were cut blocking with Dunn, I'd have to say we were a finesse team. I think it has more to do with the blocking schemes and the STYLE of running. But we're as much a finesse team as the Steelers. If you wanna call them a finesse team...well... that's ridiculous.

I can't see how a team that nearly led the league in rush attempts can be called "finesse". No team that rushes that much more than passes has ever been called that. Colin "dropped the ball" on that one... <_< We may one day develop into that the more Ryan's passing prowness takes over, but not now. We run as much as anyone. One day we may be considered that maybe when the Iceman's talents totally envelopes this team, but as for...fail.

Yes, but I think the idea is to say something that people are talking about because it's right or insightful not because you are stupid.

Na, its the perfect time to say something "stupid". Two days before the first game of the year for our Atlanta Falcons makes our "pot" very stirrable and he was just using a giant spoon.

We're not a finesse team on offense. We are about as old school smash mouth and throw deep as any team these days.

On defense we are somewhere between a finesse team and a Cobb County Cub Scout Unit. The bend but don't break is beyond finesse.

Wait a minute, think about Harvey Dahl. He is the personification of "finesse", right? I bet he even washes his hair with Finesse.

And Turner, when he is carrying 4 defenders like Marta, that's finesse.

Exactly! Anyone who has seen Turner run or Dahl/Clabo block and has the word 'finesse' enter their mind is insane.