Game Day habits/superstitions/meals

Finally

Do you do anything special for season openers?

For this week seafood is on the menu naturally. Probably sushi. I will be sipping Gentleman Jack from my Falcons glass.

I am too smart to believe in superstitious things but on game day to get into the spirit I do wear my "lucky" red boxers.

I very seldom am able to go to the game because of the driving distance and my fall/winter workload so I will be camped out in front of my big screen.

My favorite game cry is "Get You Some!"

I will be at the same sports bar I watched all but two games at last year. I have to wear the same jersey color that the team wears, so it will be the red Turner jersey, unless they suprise us and wear black, then it will be Jenkins. Drinking 20 oz. tall Miller Lites, mile high nachos or boneless wings to eat. Other than that I dont have game day habits. :D

The jerseys, hats, and other apparel always change but for all home games (long time season ticket holder) I always wear my lucky Falcons socks (even if they obviously are not always lucky). My son (5) has been going to every home game since the Seattle game 2 years ago and always wears the red/white/black face paint with the red mohawk thanks to his mom's help.

Even the away games I still wear my jersey at home while watching the game. It's just part of the game day experience but the jersey also serves as somewhat of a reminder for the rest in my house that daddy's watching the Falcons unless something's on fire or bleeding give him his 3 hours of enjoyment.

Typically, I go to Church for the 1:00pm service but when the season kicks in I make the family go to the 10:30 service to be back in time for the game :lol:

I'll be in my white Ryan jersey (actually won every single game last year that I was wearing that at home). I typically go for some wings at home but this week might have to include some sushi. I have a preggo wife at home though so I might not have the luxury of having sushi (something she loves but can't eat) laying around. Some beer will be needed of course but can't drink too much because I'm scheduled to tee off at 4:30 at the local golf course. Sunday should be a great day!!!

Sucks for me. Before last season, i packed away all of my falcons paraphernalia except for game room crap. What a great season. Won't be able to open box until another losing season. Oh, and i wore something green the rest of the season because i was wearing a green hat during the first game.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after the playoffs that the green only works during regular season games. Will be better prepared this season.

Typically, I go to Church for the 1:00pm service but when the season kicks in I make the family go to the 10:30 service to be back in time for the game :lol:

I'll be in my white Ryan jersey (actually won every single game last year that I was wearing that at home). I typically go for some wings at home but this week might have to include some sushi. I have a preggo wife at home though so I might not have the luxury of having sushi (something she loves but can't eat) laying around. Some beer will be needed of course but can't drink too much because I'm scheduled to tee off at 4:30 at the local golf course. Sunday should be a great day!!!

9 months without sushi? I am glad I am not a chick.

Since I live on the west coast, I normally get to watch games at 10:00 AM. For those games, I go nuts with breakfast. I have 3 go to meals that I make for breakfast:

Steak (flat iron or small ribeye) two eggs, hash brown that I make and not from a bag, sourdough toast, orange juice and coffee.

Two eggs, hash browns, bacon or sausage, sour dough toast, orange juice and coffee.

Skillet breakfast, which is my favorite. Two potatoes squared which are cooked in a frying pan with chicken broth and browned sausage. Then add mozarella cheese, and cook eggs on the top of everything. Serve with country gravy.

If I get afternoon games, it's either smoked babyback ribs that have sat in the smoker for 4 hours, or ribeye steaks.

My house is the place to be on Sundays for Falcons games.

So it was YOUR fault that we lost the Denver game. Don't let it happen again :D :P ;)

Superstition: I situate my Freddie the Falcon stuffed animal at a proper viewing angle to the screen. If we score fast and early, he gets to stay by himself. If Matt is struggling early, I bring out my Baldwin stuffed animal (BC mascot) and place him next to Freddie to add extra karma / voodoo / whatever you want to call it. Works like a charm. :D

I take some lithium for my bipolar disorder, so I can make sure I'm pulling for the right team. Otherwise, who knows what kinda crap I'd be spewing at the TV!

Then I like to sit back with my favorite bucs doll and pirate ship and play with those a little before kickoff. It's fun to put a mini light saber in the pirates hands.....ha!...imagine, a light saber back in the pirate days!!

McDonalds is usually on the menu. I go there to get my employee discount, so it's all good. Drink some apple juice with the meal and I'm all set for some Tampa Bay football!!

9 months without sushi? I am glad I am not a chick.

Yeah it sucks. I sneak in some sushi while at the office though.

So it was YOUR fault that we lost the Denver game. Don't let it happen again :D :P ;)

I'll take blame for that. Also the Philly game because I wasn't home to watch the game and didn't have the jersey on. It won't happen again :lol:

I take some lithium for my bipolar disorder, so I can make sure I'm pulling for the right team. Otherwise, who knows what kinda crap I'd be spewing at the TV!

Then I like to sit back with my favorite bucs doll and pirate ship and play with those a little before kickoff. It's fun to put a mini light saber in the pirates hands.....ha!...imagine, a light saber back in the pirate days!!

McDonalds is usually on the menu. I go there to get my employee discount, so it's all good. Drink some apple juice with the meal and I'm all set for some Tampa Bay football!!

:lol::lol: I knew you were bi-polar but I had no idea you were funny sometimes.