Falcons looking to trade Redman by 2010?

cyofish

It's a little odd the the team kept Shockley around on the practice after being beat out by unsigned free agent rookie JPW. They spent 3 years trying to develop this guy.

One logical explanation may be that they're trying to get some value for Redman next year. Redman has a handful of NFL starts and preformed pretty well. He did a pretty good job moving the ball in preseason. He is a solid #2 but may be good enough to compete as a starter for a handful of NFL teams with question marks at QB. Atlanta may be able to trade him for a mid-round pick next year just as Houston did for Sage Rosenfelds.

There's probably a much simpler explanation. Although a Dawg fan myself and as much as I want to see Shock succeed, it's more probable that JPW played just as well and perhaps even with a little more poise than Shock did. He won the #3 spot and Shock was still eligible for the PS without costing a PS roster spot. I think this is more probable.

Hopefully, he will turn in to something, but more likely his talent season has been reached, while no one knows if JP's has.

celtik

It's a little odd the the team kept Shockley around on the practice after being beat out by unsigned free agent rookie JPW. They spent 3 years trying to develop this guy.

One logical explanation may be that they're trying to get some value for Redman next year. Redman has a handful of NFL starts and preformed pretty well. He did a pretty good job moving the ball in preseason. He is a solid #2 but may be good enough to compete as a starter for a handful of NFL teams with question marks at QB. Atlanta may be able to trade him for a mid-round pick next year just as Houston did for Sage Rosenfelds.

Not to offend, but Shockley will not play on an NFL field on any Thursday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Just my opinion!