So....my son's 360 croaked today

Guest Regular Guy

Guest Regular Guy

:angry:

I have printed up the UPS ticket to send it in. Has anyone here sent their 360 in for repair? If so, how long did it take to get it back? Did you receive your same 360 back or a different one? His is the 360 Elite (black 120 gig model). Error code 74 happened today as soon as he turned it on after school ;)

He's going to be lost without that thing. I told him he should've gotten a PS3 (not really Wom!!).

I guess he can play my PS3 while he waits for the return of the 360.

Guest Regular Guy
If the warranty is out (which it doesn't sound like), I'd crack it open and do the penny trick or do the x-bracket replacement and thermal gel replacement before I paid them a crap load of money to fix it. Just saying.....

Hey, the PS3 has just had a price drop.

Yeah, it's under warranty. If he did not have so many games for it, I would buy a new PS3 slim and give him my 80 gig. I might still get one for Christmas. I hope they send one with the new chipset so it will run cooler. If they send back the same one, it seems that it will again croak down the road in a few more moths?!? The thing is that when I bought it for him last Christmas I also bought the intercooler or whatever it's called to mount on the back and help keep it cool. So much for that I guess!

"Has anyone here sent their 360 in for repair?"

What kind of question is this? It's like asking if anyone has eyes. Most do.

Microsoft used to give you a box to ship the X360 in, but they stopped. It was costing too much money with the great amount of repairs they have to do on a daily basis. Now you have to supply your own box.

Microsoft used to give you a box to ship the X360 in, but they stopped. It was costing too much money with the great amount of repairs they have to do on a daily basis. Now you have to supply your own box.

I've never had to send in my 360. Just takes proper care. Don't keep it on Carpet, in a closed environment like a cabinet or under a TV stand. And you have to vacuum out the air vents just like on a computer or the system will get bogged down because it won't be able to cool itself off. There's a lot of internal problems, but with the right care you shouldn't have to send it in.

I did however help my cousin with his Xbox when it got the RROD. It took them about 3 to 5 weeks just to get it back to him. In the end, it would have been more worth his money to go and buy a new one, in my opinion anyway!

Guest Regular Guy

Wom, I know this already. I was asking IF ANYONE THAT COMES TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS SENT THEIR 360 IN FOR REPAIRS. I thought most people could discern the intent of the question. I do know that TONS of people ALL ACROSS the world have had their 360s break down. I have learned this from you DAILY :D

As you can tell and should already know, I do PREFER the PS3 over the 360, so no need for you to jump in here and start your thread crapping. This question was not meant for you as EVERYONE knows you do not own a 360, so really I wonder WHY you even posted a "response" to this to begin with.

Thanks again for your douchery. You never fail.

You're like snake, except you just spam other people's threads with your garbage.

When mine went they sent me a box. If i remember right it took a while to get back. Luckily my brothers had one to so i could play theirs with my HD. I really dont know if i got mine back or not, the plastic at the top was a different color but that could have been where they opened it up, i really dont know.

Also before i got the RROD the 360 would just randomly shut down and freeze, it got to the point i couldnt even play it. Luckily i got the RROD and it has worked fine ever since. I really dont play it alot anymore. Mostly a PS3 guy.

Never had a problem with my 360, But I did have to repair my PS3 myself because Sony would not Honor their warranty. <_<

:angry:

I have printed up the UPS ticket to send it in. Has anyone here sent their 360 in for repair? If so, how long did it take to get it back? Did you receive your same 360 back or a different one? His is the 360 Elite (black 120 gig model). Error code 74 happened today as soon as he turned it on after school ;)

He's going to be lost without that thing. I told him he should've gotten a PS3 (not really Wom!!).

I guess he can play my PS3 while he waits for the return of the 360.

When I had a E74, I had to pay $100, they sent it back, like 3 months later.

Dude, you are the lamest of lame. You b*tch and cry if anyone comes into your PS3 threads and mentions anything about Microsoft. But this guy asks a simple question and its ok for you to be ignorant for no apparent reason. Get real dude or dudette, whatever you are

Wom, I know this already. I was asking IF ANYONE THAT COMES TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAS SENT THEIR 360 IN FOR REPAIRS. I thought most people could discern the intent of the question. I do know that TONS of people ALL ACROSS the world have had their 360s break down. I have learned this from you DAILY :D

As you can tell and should already know, I do PREFER the PS3 over the 360, so no need for you to jump in here and start your thread crapping. This question was not meant for you as EVERYONE knows you do not own a 360, so really I wonder WHY you even posted a "response" to this to begin with.

Thanks again for your douchery. You never fail.

Best wom retort yet. I had hoped that in the absence of my asshatery to wom, he would have moved on. Guess that is too much to ask for.

I have sent mine in twice, and both times it took about 2 weeks to get back. You should really call them back and demand a box. I was told to get my own box, and it didn't sit right with me. I called back, and spoke to someone else that said they sometimes suggest it for the sake of speed, but they will send the box out. I took that to mean that the corporate office wants them to cut costs, but if a customer demands it they should accede.

I had to send my son's Xbox 360 in due to RROD and they got it back to us pretty quickly. They also gave him 1 free month of Gold membership for the online service.

yeah same here....... when i got it back I olny played 1 time and I networked it to the computer everything worked fine. Then i got madden and now the network adapter dont work.wtf

I called and they said u gotta send it in and it will cost $100 . Total BULLSHITE

• 3 weeks later...

LMAO haha its like asking do bears sh** in forests hahahah :lol: