Saints Pro Bowler LT Brown undergoes hip surgery

Dirtybirdn@tion

The recovery of two time Pro Bowl Saints left tackle Jammaal Brown has just been pushed back a month.

Already rehabbing a sports hernia surgery, Brown underwent hip surgery Thursday, according to Fox's Alex Marvez. The earliest Brown is now expected to return is October 25, at Miami.

The Saints were previously hoping that Brown would just miss the first two games of the season, but now he'll miss at least five. The team will start Jermon Bushrod in Brown's place in the meantime.

This news can't make Drew Brees happy, and wonder about the quality of Brown's play when he returns after undergoing two serious surgeries back-to-back. Then again, many league observers didn't think Brown deserved his last Pro Bowl nod, when he was possibly affected by these injuries.

Either way, the Saints may want to consider calling a few extra running plays in their first portion of the season.

link

This gives Jermon Bushrod a huge opportunity. From the games he has started, Bushrods performed very well and I've heard whispers that he's performed so well that Brown's job wasn't guaranteed when he came back, much like Jamar Nesbit losing his job to Carl Nicks last season.

no it doesnt suck this is great news. quit being so polite to your rivals on the internet..im hoping him missing time leads to a season ending injury to brees

You see thats the difference between me and you, I'd rather beat the Saints when there 100%. In stead of NEEDING their star Lineman and Brees to get hurt... :rolleyes:

I hope you fall down and scratch your arm... :mellow:

And before anybody says they don't like the name I called him, too bad.

Anybody who wishes injury on another person for the benefit of a football game deserves what he gets. I will gladly call him out every time I see it, its absolutely unacceptable behavior. I may not like some of my rivals, but I have respect for the game and the players who compete in it.

And before anybody says they don't like the name I called him, too bad.

Anybody who wishes injury on another person for the benefit of a football game deserves what he gets. I will gladly call him out every time I see it, its absolutely unacceptable behavior. I may not like some of my rivals, but I have respect for the game and the players who compete in it.

I think everyone here aside from that one moron agrees with you.

no it doesnt suck this is great news. quit being so polite to your rivals on the internet..im hoping him missing time leads to a season ending injury to brees

WHAT A JERK ....... SOMETIMES IT'S BEST TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH ....... CLOSED. :angry:

I apologize for the remarks of this one. :huh:

This gives Jermon Bushrod a huge opportunity. From the games he has started, Bushrods performed very well and I've heard whispers that he's performed so well that Brown's job wasn't guaranteed when he came back, much like Jamar Nesbit losing his job to Carl Nicks last season.

I'm sorry Nola but once again I find your gold tinted glasses point of view quite laughable. Your going to tell me and the rest of this forum that Jermon Bushrod was pushing Brown for his job and may have replaced him. I'm calling B.S. on that one. The games he's played in ???? What 3 Career reg. season games? Let's take a look at how great Jermon Bushrod has been for the Saints so far shall we???

From your very own Saints website....

2008 – Inactive for 12 games, dressed but did not play in two and appeared in two contests on special teams, blocking on the kick return units. 2007 – Inactive for 14 games as a rookie, played in one, and dressed but did not see action in another…Made NFL debut at Houston, Nov. 18, serving as a blocker on the kickoff return unit.

Please man if this guy was sooo great why would he be inactive for so many games????

I'm not saying he's no good and you can't be optimistic but I find you very amusing the way you dress up people.

I think this could be a really bad thing for that Saints o-line considering there a below avg. run blocking team and depend alot on pass protection which this guy is a beast at. Good luck with that and my rant is over.....

I'm sorry Nola but once again I find your gold tinted glasses point of view quite laughable. Your going to tell me and the rest of this forum that Jermon Bushrod was pushing Brown for his job and may have replaced him. I'm calling B.S. on that one. The games he's played in ???? What 3 Career reg. season games? Let's take a look at how great Jermon Bushrod has been for the Saints so far shall we???

Please man if this guy was sooo great why would he be inactive for so many games????

I'm not saying he's no good and you can't be optimistic but I find you very amusing the way you dress up people.

I think this could be a really bad thing for that Saints o-line considering there a below avg. run blocking team and depend alot on pass protection which this guy is a beast at. Good luck with that and my rant is over.....

It's hard to suggest that Bushrod is as good as Brown, but anyone that has watched Jammal Brown play, knows that he's been overated a tad. He was dominant at RT as a rookie but has been nothing more than good since switching to LT. He's a much better run blocker than pass blocker. A lot of this may have to do with him constantly getting injured every season, but either way, it's not like he's Walter Jones or Orlando Pace in their prime. The low number of sacks against Brees the past few years has a lot more to do with Brees and the short dumpoffs than any of the offensive linemen.

And Bushrod has been inactive because Zach Streif was the "veteran" backup at that spot until Bushrod developed.

He has performed so well that Saints Coach Sean Payton said Bushrod would be the starter if the season opened today. Payton said he's impressed with how much Bushrod has improved

the past two seasons.-Nakia Hogan

There's the exact quote, and Payton has also been quoted on saying that Browns spot wouldn't be guaranteed when he came back because of how Bushrod has performed in practices and games.

Now, notice your putting words in my mouth. I never said that Bushrod was pushing Brown while he was healthy, because he wasn't. But since Brown has gone down, Bushrod has performed VERY VERY well, maybe not outperforming Brown, but lets be honest here. If two guys are performing at nearly the same level, which one will the Saints take? The 3.29 million 28 year old, or the 460,000 25 year old?

As for the whole game thing your trying to put out, why does that matter? Ever heard of James Harrison?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
OK, the SB is just a formality for the saints this season then? :blink:

Come on man, by now you know every saints backup is better than our starters... :lol:

From what I understand they are ALL destined for the HALL OF FAME. ;)