I think you guys win the South

McMVP

Going off topic a little, but how do you think the Eagles D does this year. Saw them a little this pre-season and it looked like they were struggling against the pass.

I'm a bit worried to tell the truth....no Bradley, no JJ, no Dawk

We have talented guys, but that's a lot to lose in one season. Gaither should be ok @ MIKE. I heard Macho Harris is getting the start @ FS...I love this kid, but he's a rook after all - there will be mistakes.

I'm also worried about our o-line. Paper champs that haven't played a snap together yet - and won't this Sunday either.

Until you guys lost your D Coordinator I had the Eagles as the class of the NFC...now, I'm not so sure anymore.

And it's not just the loss of JJ. It's the loss of Bradley - the loss off Dawkins. It's the uncertainty of our o-line - potentially great, but very fr from it at the present.

I do expect good things this season from:

D. McNabb

D. Jackson

B. Bunkley

T. Cole

A. Samuel

B. Westbrook

I don't think we'll suck - but a couple months ago I thought we could be a potential 12-4 team. Now I'm closer to 9-7 and more of the same crap we had to put up with a year ago.

On paper it is but somehow their defense is just never that good....

The main paper being Greg Williams...

I'm not saying they will be dominant or anything - just not as much of a liability as they have been - and I see more turnovers. And with that offense, that may be enough....

I don't like our chances at winning the division if we can't win a home game to start the season. That would put us in a spot where we need to go 10-5 or 11-4 the rest of the way.

I wouldn't look at it that way. The Eagles started 0-2 one year and still had the #1 seed in the NFC. At the end of the day it's just one game.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it certainly doesn't set the right tone to make that happen.

FWIW, I want and hope to be proven wrong, but I think our defense is too green this year for us to be a serious contender. We're heading in the right direction, but we had to take several steps back to do so.