nfl - week one note.

atlbravesfalcs7

so my friend posted this up on facebook and thought i would share it with you all. i also want you guys to guess which team he is a fan of by this analysis.

"Okay its the night we've all been waiting for. Here are predictions for each division and the top 5 matchups of week 1... feel free to blast away and my skins pick lol and also tag someone else that i probably forgot

AFC EAST

Patriots

Dolphins

Bills

Jets

Patriots run away with this division with a healthy Tom Brady. Randy Moss is still the best receiver in the league (sorry Fitz) and when this team is healthy… they rank as one of the best teams of all time.

AFC North

Steelers

Ravens

Bengals

Browns

This is a two team race just like last year and I give the edge to the Steelers because they have a slightly better offense. Expect another playoff birth but another superbowl?.... not likely

AFC South

Colts

Titans

Texans

Jags

Look you all know Im a Titan hater, but their run game is beast! I don’t think Kerry can keep it up so I give the edge to the Colts. This is the best division in football (you happy Justin?) just because the Texans are a playoff team. The Jags will be straight doodoo again this yr but the quality of the 3 other teams make up for it.

AFC West

Chargers

Chiefs

Raiders

Broncos

I cant decide who to pick second in this division because quite frankly… all three teams (minus the chargers) stink! Heard someone on ESPN say Chargers are the team to beat in the AFC… but as long as Norv Turner is their coach, I like the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, and Titans (in that order) over the Chargers.

Playoff Seeds

1)Pats

2) Colts

3)Steelers

4) Chargers

Wilcards:

Titans and Texans (Ravens make a push, but not enough offense)

NFC East

Eagles

Redskins

Giants

Cowboys

The Cowboys will be a huge disappoint and finish below 500 while the Eagles are scary! I cant wait to see how Vick is used and Donovan is the most underrated player year in and year out. Obviously, Im biased but I don’t understand how the redskins keep their entire team from last year and add Albert Haynesworth and magically their supposed to go 6-10 and finish worst than last year. Not happening… they’ll sneak in as a wildcard. Giants lost Plaxico so I think they fall a little.

NFC North

Packers

Bears

Vikings

Lions

This is the most intriguing division in football because it will be a close race the entire season. Im tired of ESPN’s 24 hr coverage of Favre… he wont make that much of a difference. Bears are significantly better with a capable qb and the Packers are my surprise team of 2009.

NFC South

Panthers

Falcons

Saints

Buccaneers

I like the Panthers in the NFC this year. I know Delhomme was a liability this year but I think he’s got one more magical ride with Steve Smith and Flash and Dash. Falcons will slip a little and the Saints will challenge the Panthers in the regular season but come up a little short.

NFC West

Cardinals

Seahawks

49ers

Rams

The worst division in football last year just got a little better. Expect the Seahawks to have a bounce back year with the addition of TJ (Im not gonna try to spell the last name). Cardinals should be in playoff form and the niners and rams are…. Well the niners and rams

Playoff Seeds:

1) Panthers

2) Eagles

3) Packers

4) Cardinals

Wildcards: Bears and Redskins

Top 5 games of Week 1:

Ten @ Pit- I like Tennessee in the upset

Phi @ Car- the game of the week (pardon my NFC bias) ends with Car winning a close one

Mia @ Atl- last years 2 surprise teams… Matt Ryan and the Falcons at home

Wash @ NYG- Giants have dominated this series as of late… I like the giants by a fg

Chi @ GB- both qbs put up huge numbers but Green Bay will prevail"