Pat Yasinskas chat

atljbo

Brock (Boulder)

You think the Falcons might take a look at picking up Bobby Wade for receiver depth or do you think they are set at this point?

Pat Yasinskas

Think they've come to like what they've got.

Jeff (ATL)

Pat, 3 Falcons questions: 1)Will we be seeing much Wildcat with the Falcons and Jerious Norwood? 2) How soon will it be before Brian Williams and Tye Hill are in the lineup. 3)Last question...what's the latest on John Abramham's injury?

Pat Yasinskas

1. No, why would you run the Wildcat when you have a real QB?2. Think you'll see Hill play some this week. Give Williams a week or two.3. From what I know, they're just playing it cautious like they did last year and giving a veteran guy some practices off.

Ryan (Napa, CA)

Matt Ryan, sophmore slump or division winner?

Pat Yasinskas

Division winner.

Nathan (Cary, NC)

Do you think either Tye Hill or Brian Williams can be effective joining the team at such a late juncture?

Pat Yasinskas

Yep, Foxworth came in at roughly same time last year and helped them.

ATLJBO (Atlanta)

I feel like everyone is sleeping on Stephen Nicholas.... The guy is a sideline to sideline tackling Machine...... What are your thoughts on Stephen Nicholas ?

Pat Yasinskas

I'm totally with you on Nicholas. I know Falcons coaches are real high on him. They think he's ready for big year now that his son is healthy and he can focus on football.

jay (ga)

pat ; about the falcons; will j. anderson loose his starting spot by years end to davis or sidbury

Pat Yasinskas

That's a bet I'd consider making.

Brock (Boulder)

You think the Falcons might take a look at picking up Bobby Wade for receiver depth or do you think they are set at this point?

Pat Yasinskas

Think they've come to like what they've got.

Jeff (ATL)

Pat, 3 Falcons questions: 1)Will we be seeing much Wildcat with the Falcons and Jerious Norwood? 2) How soon will it be before Brian Williams and Tye Hill are in the lineup. 3)Last question...what's the latest on John Abramham's injury?

Pat Yasinskas

1. No, why would you run the Wildcat when you have a real QB?2. Think you'll see Hill play some this week. Give Williams a week or two.3. From what I know, they're just playing it cautious like they did last year and giving a veteran guy some practices off.

Ryan (Napa, CA)

Matt Ryan, sophmore slump or division winner?

Pat Yasinskas

Division winner.

Nathan (Cary, NC)

Do you think either Tye Hill or Brian Williams can be effective joining the team at such a late juncture?

Pat Yasinskas

Yep, Foxworth came in at roughly same time last year and helped them.

ATLJBO (Atlanta)

I feel like everyone is sleeping on Stephen Nicholas.... The guy is a sideline to sideline tackling Machine...... What are your thoughts on Stephen Nicholas ?

Pat Yasinskas

I'm totally with you on Nicholas. I know Falcons coaches are real high on him. They think he's ready for big year now that his son is healthy and he can focus on football.

jay (ga)

pat ; about the falcons; will j. anderson loose his starting spot by years end to davis or sidbury

Pat Yasinskas

That's a bet I'd consider making.

Good question Jbo we got a lot of posters on the Messege Board sleeping on Nicholas. I think he is going to be a monster at SLB

ATLJBO (Atlanta)

Pat Yasinskas

I'm telling you, folks, people are seriously overlooking Nicholas.

I'm not hating when I say this. He hasn't impacted any games yet, so how could anybody not overlook him? People are going to overlook you until you actually do something.

The season hasn't started yet so how can he make a impact........ If you look at last year ... The guy made some plays when he had the opportunity...... Go back and see who forced that Chevis Jackson 90+ yard pick 6 (that was going to be a sack or pick 6) ....... other then Curtis Lofton who is the other LB to have a sack........ The guy forced the coaching to find a way to get him on the field last year...... Heck... They played him a DE on some snaps...... The guy made impact plays last year when he had a chance... The coach notice it when most "fans" over looked it

I'm not hating when I say this. He hasn't impacted any games yet, so how could anybody not overlook him? People are going to overlook you until you actually do something.

Well, has anybody on defense had any sort of positive impact on games thus far? (I'll allow arguments for Kroy and Lofton, and that's just b/c of their performances in the last preseason game, although hardly game-changing.)

The season hasn't started yet so how can he make a impact........ If you look at last year ... The guy made some plays when he had the opportunity...... Go back and see who forced that Chevis Jackson 90+ yard pick 6 (that was going to be a sack or pick 6) ....... other then Curtis Lofton who is the other LB to have a sack........ The guy forced the coaching to find a way to get him on the field last year...... Heck... They played him a DE on some snaps...... The guy made impact plays last year when he had a chance... The coach notice it when most "fans" over looked it

Peyton watches the games on a 13 inch black and white TV so he might not be able to see it. :P :lol: . I agree Jbo Nicholas played well on special teams and in the limited action that he got in the games. The coaching staff didnt spend a high draft pick on a OLB nor did they resign Boley or any other high profile OLB because they knew what they had in Nicholas and based on what i have seen so far I can tell that he is going to do some damage this year.

Nicholas already has made an impact in the game. Unfortunately doing his "job" doesn't always lead to great stats. I've seen him many more times than once blow up a play or hold the point and other defenders get to the QB. He's the only LB that I know of that can and does line up as a DE for us.

Nicholas already has made an impact in the game. Unfortunately doing his "job" doesn't always lead to great stats. I've seen him many more times than once blow up a play or hold the point and other defenders get to the QB. He's the only LB that I know of that can and does line up as a DE for us.

I agree 1000% and thought i was the only one who sees him blowing up the Lead blockers or keeping the play from getting to the outside so that Lofton and Peterson can make the play. I already see that Nicholas is going to be a good addition to our LB core.

Well, has anybody on defense had any sort of positive impact on games thus far? (I'll allow arguments for Kroy and Lofton, and that's just b/c of their performances in the last preseason game, although hardly game-changing.)

Tony Gilbert had an impact on a lot more plays in the preseason than Nicholas, and he hardly got on the field.

I'm not hating on Nicholas, I'm just saying that there is ZERO reason why anyone outside of Atlanta would even know who he is.

I've heard this argument before. I missed the Ravens game but it's pretty irrelevant since they didn't run thier starting offense out there. I watched the entire first half of the SD game because of a discussion I was having with Jaymadd and I didn't see Nicholas do anything that would get him noticed. Jaymadd would admit that to if he were to be honest with himself.

Also with regards to him doing his "job" and not getting the stats - I am not aware of ANY defense that doesn't call for an OLB to make plays.

I've heard this argument before. I missed the Ravens game but it's pretty irrelevant since they didn't run thier starting offense out there. I watched the entire first half of the SD game because of a discussion I was having with Jaymadd and I didn't see Nicholas do anything that would get him noticed. Jaymadd would admit that to if he were to be honest with himself.

Also with regards to him doing his "job" and not getting the stats - I am not aware of ANY defense that doesn't call for an OLB to make plays.

Come on Peyton watch the game against the Rams, Lions, even Chargers their we help to mininal run yards. He is doing his job and can only get better with experience. Watch and see. Heck i am even willing to put a sig bet on it.

This might be a typo. I would actaully think it would be the other way around with Williams' familiarity with the system verbage. I have a feeling both will be starting by the bye week though.

No, I think he meant it and that he's right. Hill has been with the team longer. Just because Williams used to play for Smitty doesn't mean he knows our defensive package as well as he should yet. Hill has had more time to learn it, so I'm betting we'd see Hill before Williams. I could be wrong, though.

Tony Gilbert had an impact on a lot more plays in the preseason than Nicholas, and he hardly got on the field.

I'm not hating on Nicholas, I'm just saying that there is ZERO reason why anyone outside of Atlanta would even know who he is.

LMAO... you are judging a dude in preseason rather then look at what he did last year (During real games)...lol... I guess Abe sucks then

The guys showed signs last year.... He made some plays for us and only played in limited role....... You are judging guys off of preseason.... The man showed something in games that actually count.

I'd like to think that the man paid to cover the NFC South for ESPN would have the depth charts/rosters of all four teams memorized and the scouting reports of each player as well. We're only talking about 300 names or so. It's not that hard.

I'd like to think that the man paid to cover the NFC South for ESPN would have the depth charts/rosters of all four teams memorized and the scouting reports of each player as well. We're only talking about 300 names or so. It's not that hard.

Pat has admitted that he hasn't even seen the games.

LMAO... you are judging a dude in preseason rather then look at what he did last year (During real games)...lol... I guess Abe sucks then

The guys showed signs last year.... He made some plays for us and only played in limited role....... You are judging guys off of preseason.... The man showed something in games that actually count.

No I'm not judging him at all. I am only saying that I haven't seen him make plays.

The guy had 8 tackles last year. Your telling me he has proven something?