Chris Draft just released

lostnmexico

I posted a few days ago that SLB Quinton Culberson got released and would be a great pickup. The Rams just resigned him releasing Veteran starter Chris Draft who can play ALL THREE LB Posistions. Something of a gypsy, the Stanford LB can play. ONe of the smartest at his position his Football IQ is through the roof. He played well when he was here and for Carolina. He also could give valuable insight on the Panthers as he spent some time there in their systeym

White said he liked Willams versatility. Draft is the same. extremely versatile and a great football motor and IQ TD! You got a veteran LB who just fell into our laps with ties to the city. GO GET HUM!

yea, we haven't taken any of the players they have been willing to give away! :rolleyes: i doubt we pick him up, but people have to stop putting a team's record into consideration of an ability of a player they don't want...the Ravens gave us a horrible player when their record was good, the Broncos gave us a great player when their record was average

I think ED Hartwell was a momentour mistake when we let Draft go. I am not saying start the guy but he can back up all three LB positions and knows the league better than anybody we have save maybe Peterson. He can help us. One thing for sure, at least he can defend a **** screen pass! Depth is a problem and Draft can help!

I think ED Hartwell was a momentour mistake when we let Draft go. I am not saying start the guy but he can back up all three LB positions and knows the league better than anybody we have save maybe Peterson. He can help us. One thing for sure, at least he can defend a **** screen pass! Depth is a problem and Draft can help!

So who do we drop?

Better the RON Mexico at least. I bleed the red and black and we need to continue to improve. I believe in the "Process" But one thing Pittsburg has taught everyone. Every championship team has VETERAN leadership!

Quit hatin and post an articulate response! I challenge your football manhood Ace!

The Falcs need more veteran leadership! Not sure Pete and Erik are enough. Brian certainly helps but there is no Kieth Brooking, Jessie Tuggle, or Lawyer Milloy type of galvanizing force in this group. Not saying Draft is either but he can certainly help. He has playoff experience and he plays within his limitations.

If Pete or Nick go down, we are F U B A R!

You tell me ace....Are Corey and Sid gonna get it done as every down LBs. No way.

Smurf 1 and Smurf 2(the ex Buffalo Safety) wont git her done!

How did Draft perform last season? He's not top tier, so it seems that even though he's replaced by a pretty good rookie, the Rams would want to keep his experience and veteran leadership to help nurture said rook. If they cut him, it's because they have better players to take his place. If he's as valuable as you want to believe, he won't be available for long. Somehow, I kind of think he's through in the league until somebody gets hurt somewhere else in the mid-season.

ok Jay. I respect that point of view. Question: regarding LB depth: Are you satisfied with what we have?

Yes WE have Coy Wire who stepped in for Boley last year and was solid. We have Tony Gilbert who has been in MIke Smiths system for a while and looks to be very solid depth and can play all LB position.