Kiffen takes a subtle shot at M. Brown going to UGA?

jgator21

Lane Kiffin said Teague - and the 10 other true freshmen who played last Saturday - are UT's best advertisement for an environment that will develop young talent into NFL candidates.

"Players want to come where you win and they want to come where they see players play,'' Kiffin said. "Guys look around the country, they're going to follow that.

"What's this great player who went to this school doing? Is he sitting on the bench the whole game not catching one ball? Or is he in the game being the team's leading receiver?

"The more our guys have success, as long as we're winning, the better it'll help keep the pipeline going.''

That may of been a little shot at Marlon, but I don't view that comment as whiny at all. He's telling the truth, he told freshmen they would have every chance to compete and get on the field if they showed they were the most talented and able players they would be the ones playing in the games, and he delivered.

Easy to do when you have a lot of holes to fill and even easier to start "your guys" over upperclassmen the "other guy" recruited.

Haha if you think that the freshman that saw the field last saturday are only starting because our upperclassmen aren't very good you are in for a rude awakening.

i hate to disagree with you, but most are starting due to upperclassmen not being very good and injuries. if he had upperclassmen who were good and he hadn't had so many injuries and guys leave he wouldn't be having to play so many freshman.

i hate to disagree with you, but most are starting due to upperclassmen not being very good and injuries. if he had upperclassmen who were good and he hadn't had so many injuries and guys leave he wouldn't be having to play so many freshman.

One freshmen started on offense last weekend and I don't believe any started on defense (possibly Montori Hughes I don't remember). The majority of them all rotated in.

And who were you playing against exactly?

A horrible WKU team, what does that change? Marsalis, Nu'keese, Bryce Brown, Montori Hughes, Janzen Jackson, Darren Myles, David Oku among others are all able to come into the game and compete for us right now. Just because we didn't open against a powerhouse team doesn't change the fact that they looked impressive and will contribute a great deal this year.

A horrible WKU team, what does that change? Marsalis, Nu'keese, Bryce Brown, Montori Hughes, Janzen Jackson, Darren Myles, David Oku among others are all able to come into the game and compete for us right now. Just because we didn't open against a powerhouse team doesn't change the fact that they looked impressive and will contribute a great deal this year.

My point is that if your playing a good team your coaches are less likely to throw an unproven guy out there unless they really have to.

My point is that if your playing a good team your coaches are less likely to throw an unproven guy out there unless they really have to.

I understand your point and I agree, I was just trying to point out that all of the above guys will contribute a great deal against whoever we are playing. One thing I really like that Kiffin does is during camp before the season starts he puts all of the incoming freshman in with the starters right away to see how they handle it and who can compete.