BUMP!

Falconsfan567

He single handly lost us another game last night. There was no reason whatsoever to take Tommy out of that game. He was mowing guys down with ease. He had only 98 pitches and the 6th inning was the ONLY inning the Astros had more than 1 baserunning on base against him. He has thrown as many as 112 pitches in a game this season. There was no reason to put Soriano in the game. The defense saved his *** from blowing the game Tuesday night because without that insane double play turned by Prado and Escobar the Astros would have won that game or at the very least tie it. Then he managed to lose Tommy's game. Bobby has got to go. Also there is no logical reason to keep batting Garret Anderson in front of LaRoche. LaRoche should be batting cleanup because B-Mac isn't a true cleanup hitter and he's in a huge slump right now along with Chipper. Shake the ******* lineup up. But no he keeps running the same lineup out there. At least Escobar was batting cleanup last night but that was only because there was a lefty on the hill for the Astros. I know all of you hate me because I put down Bobby but there is no way in **** to defend what he did last night. None. Soriano should have been removed from the closer's role a long time ago. Anyone else that has a Gonzalez or Moylan would have made the switch but not Bobby. Anyone that has a memory like mine remembers that in 2007 Soriano did the exact same thing. Great in the 1st half and awful in the 2nd half. This year is the same. If we keep Soriano over Gonzo my head might just litterally explod.

This team won't compete again while that senile old fool is calling the shots.

Senile: Relating to or exhibiting memory loss or mental impairment associated with aging.

This does not describe Bobby Cox.

Ageism: The descrimination against people because of age.

That does describe some posters on this board.

There are reasons to be critical of Bobby Cox. His age (or his race or gender for that matter) should not be reasons.

Bump.

When he uses different pitchers for 7th, 8th, 9th... when a pitching change isn't necessarily needed...keep in mind that he uses pinch hitters for each of them, so that's 3 more wasted players off the bench. If there is one kink in that chain (if a pitcher isnt on that particular night & we get forced into extra innings...), that philosophy fails. Ive seen this happen so many times where bobby will run us out of players, and we lose the game.

Conclusion: I like Bobby Cox, but it is time for a culture change. The goal is not "division titles."

Senile: Relating to or exhibiting memory loss or mental impairment associated with aging.

This does not describe Bobby Cox.

Ageism: The descrimination against people because of age.

That does describe some posters on this board.

There are reasons to be critical of Bobby Cox. His age (or his race or gender for that matter) should not be reasons.

Making the same mistakes over and over again sounds like memory loss to me.

Either that or he's just an idiot.

With all the bonehead mistakes he has made since the worst to first year and he's still the coach, look for the dummy to still control the ship for years to come. I have little desire to watch them until they shake things up and really act like they want to get back to being a strong team and not barely a 500 team. Sure hope they have about three more Hanson's in the system ready to help.

What mistakes would those be? Do you have stats to show that he's wrong in making decisions more than he's right? And how do you evaluate a decision? By results? This is baseball; you can make all the right moves, but not see results because it's played by people that can rise to occassion or unexpectedly fail. A manager can also make dumb moves that work out.

Cox had a mediocre season, but part of it just had to do with the personel at his disposal. He had to go with KJ longer than anyone wanted because of injuries to Infante and Kotchman; it's not a coincidence that he started playing Prado everyday as soon as Kotchman returned to the lineup. He went to well with Gonzo, Moylan, O'Flaherty, and Soriano so much because the rest of the bullpen was unreliable.

I give Cox credit for batting Diaz lead-off when McLouth went down. Diaz responded well, getting on base at a ridiculous rate. If Chipper hadn't slumped at the same time, we'd probably still be in it.

I have my problems with the Braves staff -- I no longer have confidence in Pendleton after seeing our young hitters consistantly struggle. However, I'm pleased with how Cox and McDowell have handled Hanson; 15 years ago, Hanson would have been pitched until his arm fell off (see Steve Avery). He's clearly adjusted his philosophy over the years there, and it should pay off in the long run.

In the end, Cox is still better than anyone else the Braves would consider. I'd like to see Wellman come up as hitting coach to replace Pendleton, but Cox should still be the manager until he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Bump.

When he uses different pitchers for 7th, 8th, 9th... when a pitching change isn't necessarily needed...keep in mind that he uses pinch hitters for each of them, so that's 3 more wasted players off the bench. If there is one kink in that chain (if a pitcher isnt on that particular night & we get forced into extra innings...), that philosophy fails. Ive seen this happen so many times where bobby will run us out of players, and we lose the game.

Conclusion: I like Bobby Cox, but it is time for a culture change. The goal is not "division titles."

Right. I don't hate Bobby Cox as a person because he stands up for his players and never blasts them in the media but more times than not we lose close games because of dumb decisions.

Right.

What mistakes would those be? Do you have stats to show that he's wrong in making decisions more than he's right? And how do you evaluate a decision? By results? This is baseball; you can make all the right moves, but not see results because it's played by people that can rise to occassion or unexpectedly fail. A manager can also make dumb moves that work out.

Cox had a mediocre season, but part of it just had to do with the personel at his disposal. He had to go with KJ longer than anyone wanted because of injuries to Infante and Kotchman; it's not a coincidence that he started playing Prado everyday as soon as Kotchman returned to the lineup. He went to well with Gonzo, Moylan, O'Flaherty, and Soriano so much because the rest of the bullpen was unreliable.

I give Cox credit for batting Diaz lead-off when McLouth went down. Diaz responded well, getting on base at a ridiculous rate. If Chipper hadn't slumped at the same time, we'd probably still be in it.

I have my problems with the Braves staff -- I no longer have confidence in Pendleton after seeing our young hitters consistantly struggle. However, I'm pleased with how Cox and McDowell have handled Hanson; 15 years ago, Hanson would have been pitched until his arm fell off (see Steve Avery). He's clearly adjusted his philosophy over the years there, and it should pay off in the long run.

In the end, Cox is still better than anyone else the Braves would consider. I'd like to see Wellman come up as hitting coach to replace Pendleton, but Cox should still be the manager until he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Going with a slumping Soriano day after day instead of letting a hot Gonzo or Hanson continue to pitch is what I'm talking about.

It's no coincidence that I can sit on the couch and know when he's made the wrong move yet he doesn't. I'm sorry over his time Bobby has been a lot of things but being a good pitching manager has never been one of them.

Going with a slumping Soriano day after day instead of letting a hot Gonzo or Hanson continue to pitch is what I'm talking about.

It's no coincidence that I can sit on the couch and know when he's made the wrong move yet he doesn't. I'm sorry over his time Bobby has been a lot of things but being a good pitching manager has never been one of them.

What you don't know is why Soriano is slumping. Is he hurt? Dead arm? Or is it just bad luck? If a guy goes into a slump, sometimes they need to work out of it, and I suspect Soriano, McDowell, and Cox have discussed it. As for pulling Hanson, again we don't know all of the story. Or Gonzo's story.

When you start with an assumption like "Cox doesn't know how to manage", then you'll find things to prove your point. It doesn't necessarily mean that you are right and Cox is wrong though, even if the results are not what anyone wants.

What you don't know is why Soriano is slumping. Is he hurt? Dead arm? Or is it just bad luck? If a guy goes into a slump, sometimes they need to work out of it, and I suspect Soriano, McDowell, and Cox have discussed it. As for pulling Hanson, again we don't know all of the story. Or Gonzo's story.

When you start with an assumption like "Cox doesn't know how to manage", then you'll find things to prove your point. It doesn't necessarily mean that you are right and Cox is wrong though, even if the results are not what anyone wants.

Soriano has been battling a sore shoulder for weeks now but Bobby keeps putting him in with the game on the line. Yes he has looked good the last 2 times out but if we miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 games I'm gonna be pissed. There was the walkoff against the Marlins. There was the walkoff against the Dodgers. There was the walkoff against the Astros. Not to mention the complete meltdown of the bullpen more than once.