Changes to UGA Depth Charge.

Atlanta_Dawgs46

I don't understand why so many assume that Logan Gray would be better than Cox.

Rumors are just that...rumors.

However, from what I saw looking back at the game on Saturday...either Joe's arm is really hurt...or he never had a great arm to begin with. I mean, we knew he didn't have the "big arm" but I felt like I was watching Joey Harrington at times with the Byron Leftwich style delivery (not quite as deliberate). If that's the best he can give us I think we need to see what the guys behind him can do. We have 2 capable WRs in AJ and Moore but the offense is going to be very easy to stop if we can't go downfield.

I don't understand why so many assume that Logan Gray would be better than Cox.

If Cox is hurt like so many people are saying then he is very selfishly holding the team down just to show he can play through it.

Gray may or may not be a better QB than Cox, but he at least provides a healthy and fully capable option for us. Plus he provides more options in the offense just by virtue of his abilities, in turn forcing defenses to focus on one more player aside from AJ.

If Cox is hurt like so many people are saying then he is very selfishly holding the team down just to show he can play through it.

Gray may or may not be a better QB than Cox, but he at least provides a healthy and fully capable option for us. Plus he provides more options in the offense just by virtue of his abilities, in turn forcing defenses to focus on one more player aside from AJ.

Of course it changes everything if he's truly injured. And if he is, don't put it on him because he's trying to play through it. It falls on the coach to decide if he's unable to be effective.

Of course it changes everything if he's truly injured. And if he is, don't put it on him because he's trying to play through it. It falls on the coach to decide if he's unable to be effective.

I don't put it all on him. Richt should make the decision, but he has said himself that Cox wouldn't even tell him how sick he is... THAT is on Cox, if he won't even honestly tell coach what's wrong with him.

It now appears that quarterback Logan Gray's time with the No. 1 offense was not a passing fancy.

UGASports has confirmed through three sources close to the team (speaking on condition of anonymity) that Gray in fact took all the snaps with the No. 1 unit Wednesday and appears will start Saturday's game against South Carolina.

"That's the way it looks now," one of the sources said.

"It looks like Logan is going to be the man.

Those same sources also say that this is due to issues with Cox's shoulder, and that's why Logan is getting the nod. The change would have nothing to do with Cox's performance against Oklahoma State when e completed 15 of 30 passes for 162 yards and one touchdown, but turned the football over twice, once on a fumble and once on an interception.

Head coach Mark Richt could not immediately be reached for comment, but is scheduled to meet with the media later this afternoon

I don't put it all on him. Richt should make the decision, but he has said himself that Cox wouldn't even tell him how sick he is... THAT is on Cox, if he won't even honestly tell coach what's wrong with him.

that isn't uncommon for player.. meyer said the same thing about tebow not telling him when he is hurt. many players do it, but in cox's case they know about the shoulder and how of loyalty for cox our 5th year sr they are hoping he can play through the pain.. but it's clear his passes aren't the same due to it. he is very unsure of his arm and that affected his decision making.. if we had a great running game and he only had to throw short passes we could probably get through it, but he is hurt and other teams are going to see that and if we can't throw long it will be a very long year in athens and it will get very bad..

that isn't uncommon for player.. meyer said the same thing about tebow not telling him when he is hurt. many players do it, but in cox's case they know about the shoulder and how of loyalty for cox our 5th year sr they are hoping he can play through the pain.. but it's clear his passes aren't the same due to it. he is very unsure of his arm and that affected his decision making.. if we had a great running game and he only had to throw short passes we could probably get through it, but he is hurt and other teams are going to see that and if we can't throw long it will be a very long year in athens and it will get very bad..

I know players play with injuries and pain all the time. That's not what I'm getting at.

Tebow had a bruised non throwing shoulder and I think bruised ribs on his way to winning the Heisman. A completely healthy Cox is nowhere near the same level as an injured Tebow. But I think if there was ever a point where Tebow knew he would hinder more than help then he would put the team first.

Maybe I'm just mad and looking back in hindsight thinking this could have been avoided.

Hopefully our coaches have the berries to move forward without him.