YOU LIE!

Stewie

This is now my standard answer for when I don't agree with you.

Example:

You: "I think the Dolphins beat the Falcons this week"

Me: YOU LIE!

You: "UGA will rebound following their first week effort to beat USC"

ME: YOU LIE!

You: "The greenhouse effect is unquestionably real and helps to regulate the temperature of our planet. It is essential for life on Earth and is one of Earth's natural processes. It is the result of heat absorption by certain gases in the atmosphere (called greenhouse gases because they effectively 'trap' heat in the lower atmosphere) and re-radiation downward of some of that heat."

Me: YOU LIE!

By the way...Rep. Joe Wilson is a tool. That is all.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have way too much time on my hands so I finally broke down and joined the blogosphere this morning and my first post was on this very topic. Thanks for indulging me:

Tales Of The Unhinged

Forgive me Lord. About the last thing this world needs is another blog but I figure I'll be safe tucked away in the anonymity of the Barrow County News. No offense guys but how many people could possibly read this.

I'm just an old geezer watching the world from my back porch and right now I'm scratching my head wondering how we wound up here. We seem to have lost all civility as a nation. I'm not the unhinged folks, I'm about as hinged as you get, no, that would be the Republican Party.

In just eight short months the Grand Old Party has transformed itself into the Publicly Obnoxious Old Party and that spells POOP any way you slice it. The Tea Party rowdies and Town Hall shouters seem to be just the beginning. The Republican Congressional Caucus has now taken their boorish behavior to the highest levels of government. Ryan Grimm from HuffPost described the scene at last nights joint session of Congress during the President's address:

"But at least one congressman went way too far. Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" after Obama denied that his health care proposal would cover illegal immigrants...

...Wilson's wasn't the only disruption, though it was the most extreme. Throughout the speech, Republican members of Congress repeatedly held up stacks of papers that appeared to represent ideas they had for the bill.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) held signs that read "What Bill?" and "What Plan?"

When Obama told the chamber that the "death panel" lie was, in fact, a lie, a Republican member said loudly enough to be heard in the press gallery, "Read the bill" -- a common refrain at August's angry town hall meetings.

When Obama told the chamber that he had "no interest in putting insurance companies out of business," a Republican member responded with a loud, "Ha!" "

For those of you who haven't been able to tear yourself away from "So You Think You Can Dance" long enough to catch a Presidential address before, this is not typical behavior. These shenanigans mirror the same type of incivility we've seen manufactured at town hall meetings all summer.

After accusing our President of a lack of decorum in everything from his casual dress to his diplomatic gift selection, this unprecedented showing of arse goes way beyond hypocrisy. These folks need to go back to civics class. You may not respect the man, but for cripes sake respect the office.

I have no doubt that last nights showing was highly orchestrated and spurred on by some stupid viral email. That seems to be the Republican "modus operandi" these days. Wilson's cry of "you lie" was no random act of indignation, this was a well planned tactic designed to gin up the base and confuse the undecided.

It would appear that the President's healthcare plan is so sound that Republicans have no counter other than to claim he's lying. That should give everyone confidence that we are getting very close to meaningful reform that will benefit all Americans and stabilize our faltering economy for generations to come.

Now all we need is the world's largest screwdriver and a can of WD40 the size of Texas to get the national debate back on track.

I have way too much time on my hands so I finally broke down and joined the blogosphere this morning and my first post was on this very topic. Thanks for indulging me:

Tales Of The Unhinged

Forgive me Lord. About the last thing this world needs is another blog but I figure I'll be safe tucked away in the anonymity of the Barrow County News. No offense guys but how many people could possibly read this.

I'm just an old geezer watching the world from my back porch and right now I'm scratching my head wondering how we wound up here. We seem to have lost all civility as a nation. I'm not the unhinged folks, I'm about as hinged as you get, no, that would be the Republican Party.

In just eight short months the Grand Old Party has transformed itself into the Publicly Obnoxious Old Party and that spells POOP any way you slice it. The Tea Party rowdies and Town Hall shouters seem to be just the beginning. The Republican Congressional Caucus has now taken their boorish behavior to the highest levels of government. Ryan Grimm from HuffPost described the scene at last nights joint session of Congress during the President's address:

"But at least one congressman went way too far. Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" after Obama denied that his health care proposal would cover illegal immigrants...

...Wilson's wasn't the only disruption, though it was the most extreme. Throughout the speech, Republican members of Congress repeatedly held up stacks of papers that appeared to represent ideas they had for the bill.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) held signs that read "What Bill?" and "What Plan?"

When Obama told the chamber that the "death panel" lie was, in fact, a lie, a Republican member said loudly enough to be heard in the press gallery, "Read the bill" -- a common refrain at August's angry town hall meetings.

When Obama told the chamber that he had "no interest in putting insurance companies out of business," a Republican member responded with a loud, "Ha!" "

For those of you who haven't been able to tear yourself away from "So You Think You Can Dance" long enough to catch a Presidential address before, this is not typical behavior. These shenanigans mirror the same type of incivility we've seen manufactured at town hall meetings all summer.

After accusing our President of a lack of decorum in everything from his casual dress to his diplomatic gift selection, this unprecedented showing of arse goes way beyond hypocrisy. These folks need to go back to civics class. You may not respect the man, but for cripes sake respect the office.

I have no doubt that last nights showing was highly orchestrated and spurred on by some stupid viral email. That seems to be the Republican "modus operandi" these days. Wilson's cry of "you lie" was no random act of indignation, this was a well planned tactic designed to gin up the base and confuse the undecided.

It would appear that the President's healthcare plan is so sound that Republicans have no counter other than to claim he's lying. That should give everyone confidence that we are getting very close to meaningful reform that will benefit all Americans and stabilize our faltering economy for generations to come.

Now all we need is the world's largest screwdriver and a can of WD40 the size of Texas to get the national debate back on track.

National debate? What about the national debt?

National debate? What about the national debt?

What about the debt? The current administration isn't responsible for any of it. Any money spent keeping us from total economic collapse is on Bush's tab. The POTUS clearly stated he will not sign a bill that increases the national debt. Oh that's right...."YOU LIE"!

Tales Of The Unhinged

Unfortunately for you I work between Winder and Statham. I now know who you are... :lol:

Just kidding.

What is so funny is I think that once again, he hurt his own party more than he hurt Obama! And that seems to be something the Republican Party is doing quite well as of late!

As let's not even begin to talk about the response! They must find someone and FAST that can articulate their speeches. They can start by staying out of the state of Louisiana!

What about the debt? The current administration isn't responsible for any of it. Any money spent keeping us from total economic collapse is on Bush's tab. The POTUS clearly stated he will not sign a bill that increases the national debt. Oh that's right...."YOU LIE"!

What is the Obama administration doing to curb national debt? You can be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution.

You can't be serious. That's about as partisan as anything.

The problem is that there isn't a bill in existence that describes what the President spoke of last night. Perhaps he should put the pen to paper and draft his own bill...

What a rhetorical mess that speech was last night. Before it aired I thought that the President would offer new arguments, detailed responses to critics, and extend a hand across the aisle. But no. He morphed into some bizarre hybrid of Dustin Hoffman's Rain Man and a fire and brimstone preacher reciting paragraphs chock full of glittering generalities. Here's the kicker: if you "misrepresent" him, he will "call you out." So, now he's Tony Soprano explaining his waste disposal business to his daughter Meadow and telling her, "Honey, if someone says Daddy is not in the waste disposal business, you tell me and I will have someone take care of them." The President seems to equate disagreeing with misrepresenting as well as bickering.

Some of the same people that are crying foul over the "YOU LIE" statement are the same ones that were laughing when a shoe was thrown at the last president. Just sayin...

Uh, that was in a FOREIGN country, shoe thrown by a FOREIGN journalist. Not even close to what happened here.

This happened at HOME, by one of our OWN.

Some of the same people that are crying foul over the "YOU LIE" statement are the same ones that were laughing when a shoe was thrown at the last president. Just sayin...

Yeah, I think they should go cry to the higher power when someone sticks their tongue out wrong. -_-

Oh wait, I thought we were talking about someone else here.