Reassurance For All

Knight of God

QB: Matt Ryan - ROTY. This guy can throw dead on and is not easily rattled. A natural athlete he moves in the pocket pretty well and can run for it. His signature pass in college and last year is the cross body. A virtually impossible pass to make and almost as impossible to defend. Its a subtle throw which you will have to go and look at on highlights or the scout tape. if you can find it online.

RB: The House - Mike Turner, Jerious Norwood, Ovie Mughelli, Jason Snelling, and V. Haynes. These guys are highlight reels in their own right. Does anyone here remember Larry Centers? We have the Lite version in Haynes. Snelling can really carry the ball and play wear down, Mughelli tires a D-Line. Against a 3-4 line he is a monster. He may not be knocking guys over, but he pins and isolates allowing single blocking all around. This causes Turner to be unaccounted for until he hits the second level where he is then able to shrug off arm tackles. Norwood is a wildcard. Screen passes, wildcat, draw runs, shovel passes and he can also line up outside.

WR: Roddy White - Was known for pure speed, but now he is one of the sharpest route runners in the NFL. He has good hands and whats not known is that he is in the Hines Ward class of frightening WR blockers. Jenkins is strong and gets great separation. Is also a tricky route runner. Booker and Finneran bring reliability, power, and a nose for the next level. Don't sleep on Weems.

TE: Tony Gonzalez - Basketball? It looks like it at times. He gives strong shoves, displays decent speed, awesome hands, underrated blocker, but most of all he loves the sport. Won't need to get 96 rec this year. Look for 60-70. This will also give Turner a much needed breather. Peelle is highly underrated...even by myself, but he was sure handed and good with the nasty blocks. He uses the shovel lift technique and its irritating as a defender. Will surely cause penalties on Miami whether they are ahead or behind. Zinger is a hitter and can catch. Seriously! I am shocked as well...oh yeah, he's supposed to be 268 or so. Yeah right!

THE O-LINE: Nasties - Just play the Darth Vader/Galactic Empire theme song with Vader effects and all because these guys are exactly what I've been screaming about since I got here 4 or 5 years ago. They are not perfect in pass blocking, but when you run block that mean and with that type of controlled rage it really tires a defense. Turner alone will have a 5yd per carry day.

The D-Line: Platoon - Smith admits that he like "no name D-Lines". I would look for a link, but I don't feel like it. There is no starter on the D-Line so if you love stats and celebrity, do not choose our D-Line on your fantasy football team. I don't get that game anyways. You may see the names at the roster call from the commentators and whole different numbers on the line. Good indication. Anderson, Davis, Abraham, Biermann, and Sidbury will all see time. The name of the game is to contain. These guys have what it takes to do that. If they can keep the play in the middle then we are one step ahead. Jerry, Babineaux, Johnson, and Lewis have the middle. All they need to do is penetrate. Make the blockers have to double team you from behind. This will cause the Fins to have to rely on the pass.

LB: Curtis Lofton - This is a high motor, strong, kinda fast, athletic, MONSTER hitter. You will see him all day. You think, "Oh he's young, he'll miss his assignment." He's young and talented. He also loves contact. Stephen Nicholas is not a stop gap player. Put your 2010 draft pads down. This guy lays the wood and will do that this weekend. He is 6'3" 232lbs and plays at a good position to show what he's made of. Mike Peterson: Did you expect him to leave it all on the field during preseason? How much would he have played in J-Ville? Think on it. This guy is a fast MLB playing WLB, not a slow WLB playing as a fast MLB. Major upgrade and will play faster on game day. Adkins will see time on the field. Rememebr that name...better yet remember 5'11" 246lbs and 4.3ish LB. He will be on ST's and in the LB rotation as well as Coy Wire who is an oversized SS. Was drafted as a SS and now plays like a large SS. If you like him, great, you'll see him.

CB: Those Guys - Oh boo hoo. They got passed on in the preseason. Ever hear these words? "Play to stay healthy." That may have played a role. We did not run our defense. How often will you see 3/3/5? With Abraham and Anderson at DE and Babineaux at NT? Okay then. Now take a deep breath. Grimes is tenacious and athletic. Houston is extremely strong and fast, Hill is a speedy, athletic, freak. Brian Williams is a wiley vet w/ a SS mentality and reputation. Owens is a speedy ballhawk and opportunist. Jackson is a combo breaker and FS playing CB...basically. If this line-up doesn't excite you to see what that guy do in various schemes and rotations...you just don't like the idea that we can actually win the first game. Your making stuff up. These guys, this group are going to wow you. You see them all more than likely. I predict either 1 INT, 1FF, or 1FR...maybe all three.

Safety: Erik Coleman - This guy will be playing in a much different set-up this Sunday than you saw in the preseason. If the DL, LB's, and CB's won't step up...he will. He would love to a do a Hula dance next winter. Decoud is not bad. Do you think Ed Reed looked great in his first Preseasons? Not that Decoud is Ed Reed, but I bet he's no sucker either. He'll play solid at least and if not Harris will come in and we all know that he's solid. William Moore...I'm not sure if he's playing, but if he is you'll see him on the field suited up.

I agree, It is a great post!! But I wish I could forget all my worries about sunday. I think we will definitely win though

As fans we have to be mentality tough like the players.

I never hear that Atlanta has bad fans until I come online. Offline I hear that Atlanta has deserving and faithful fans. We are not a very economically sound state, but when it comes down to it...I know guys who will deal with eviction notices to support the team. Psycho, but true.

QB: Matt Ryan - ROTY. This guy can throw dead on and is not easily rattled. A natural athlete he moves in the pocket pretty well and can run for it. His signature pass in college and last year is the cross body. A virtually impossible pass to make and almost as impossible to defend. Its a subtle throw which you will have to go and look at on highlights or the scout tape. if you can find it online.

RB: The House - Mike Turner, Jerious Norwood, Ovie Mughelli, Jason Snelling, and V. Haynes. These guys are highlight reels in their own right. Does anyone here remember Larry Centers? We have the Lite version in Haynes. Snelling can really carry the ball and play wear down, Mughelli tires a D-Line. Against a 3-4 line he is a monster. He may not be knocking guys over, but he pins and isolates allowing single blocking all around. This causes Turner to be unaccounted for until he hits the second level where he is then able to shrug off arm tackles. Norwood is a wildcard. Screen passes, wildcat, draw runs, shovel passes and he can also line up outside.

WR: Roddy White - Was known for pure speed, but now he is one of the sharpest route runners in the NFL. He has good hands and whats not known is that he is in the Hines Ward class of frightening WR blockers. Jenkins is strong and gets great separation. Is also a tricky route runner. Booker and Finneran bring reliability, power, and a nose for the next level. Don't sleep on Weems.

TE: Tony Gonzalez - Basketball? It looks like it at times. He gives strong shoves, displays decent speed, awesome hands, underrated blocker, but most of all he loves the sport. Won't need to get 96 rec this year. Look for 60-70. This will also give Turner a much needed breather. Peelle is highly underrated...even by myself, but he was sure handed and good with the nasty blocks. He uses the shovel lift technique and its irritating as a defender. Will surely cause penalties on Miami whether they are ahead or behind. Zinger is a hitter and can catch. Seriously! I am shocked as well...oh yeah, he's supposed to be 268 or so. Yeah right!

THE O-LINE: Nasties - Just play the Darth Vader/Galactic Empire theme song with Vader effects and all because these guys are exactly what I've been screaming about since I got here 4 or 5 years ago. They are not perfect in pass blocking, but when you run block that mean and with that type of controlled rage it really tires a defense. Turner alone will have a 5yd per carry day.

The D-Line: Platoon - Smith admits that he like "no name D-Lines". I would look for a link, but I don't feel like it. There is no starter on the D-Line so if you love stats and celebrity, do not choose our D-Line on your fantasy football team. I don't get that game anyways. You may see the names at the roster call from the commentators and whole different numbers on the line. Good indication. Anderson, Davis, Abraham, Biermann, and Sidbury will all see time. The name of the game is to contain. These guys have what it takes to do that. If they can keep the play in the middle then we are one step ahead. Jerry, Babineaux, Johnson, and Lewis have the middle. All they need to do is penetrate. Make the blockers have to double team you from behind. This will cause the Fins to have to rely on the pass.

LB: Curtis Lofton - This is a high motor, strong, kinda fast, athletic, MONSTER hitter. You will see him all day. You think, "Oh he's young, he'll miss his assignment." He's young and talented. He also loves contact. Stephen Nicholas is not a stop gap player. Put your 2010 draft pads down. This guy lays the wood and will do that this weekend. He is 6'3" 232lbs and plays at a good position to show what he's made of. Mike Peterson: Did you expect him to leave it all on the field during preseason? How much would he have played in J-Ville? Think on it. This guy is a fast MLB playing WLB, not a slow WLB playing as a fast MLB. Major upgrade and will play faster on game day. Adkins will see time on the field. Rememebr that name...better yet remember 5'11" 246lbs and 4.3ish LB. He will be on ST's and in the LB rotation as well as Coy Wire who is an oversized SS. Was drafted as a SS and now plays like a large SS. If you like him, great, you'll see him.

CB: Those Guys - Oh boo hoo. They got passed on in the preseason. Ever hear these words? "Play to stay healthy." That may have played a role. We did not run our defense. How often will you see 3/3/5? With Abraham and Anderson at DE and Babineaux at NT? Okay then. Now take a deep breath. Grimes is tenacious and athletic. Houston is extremely strong and fast, Hill is a speedy, athletic, freak. Brian Williams is a wiley vet w/ a SS mentality and reputation. Owens is a speedy ballhawk and opportunist. Jackson is a combo breaker and FS playing CB...basically. If this line-up doesn't excite you to see what that guy do in various schemes and rotations...you just don't like the idea that we can actually win the first game. Your making stuff up. These guys, this group are going to wow you. You see them all more than likely. I predict either 1 INT, 1FF, or 1FR...maybe all three.

Safety: Erik Coleman - This guy will be playing in a much different set-up this Sunday than you saw in the preseason. If the DL, LB's, and CB's won't step up...he will. He would love to a do a Hula dance next winter. Decoud is not bad. Do you think Ed Reed looked great in his first Preseasons? Not that Decoud is Ed Reed, but I bet he's no sucker either. He'll play solid at least and if not Harris will come in and we all know that he's solid. William Moore...I'm not sure if he's playing, but if he is you'll see him on the field suited up.

As a Miami fan, I feel much better now. I was getting a little nervous before I read your post.

Thanks.

As fans we have to be mentality tough like the players.

I never hear that Atlanta has bad fans until I come online. Offline I hear that Atlanta has deserving and faithful fans. We are not a very economically sound state, but when it comes down to it...I know guys who will deal with eviction notices to support the team. Psycho, but true.

i agree

Your false sense of security is transparent.

Don't pay him any mind. He knows if they blitz that we have Jenks, White, and Gonzo to throw to. Plus you have Norwwod coming out of the backfield. The last time I checked Miami receivers is average. They say they can just pass all over us, but you made a good point on the 3-3-5. This defense may surprise come Sunday.

Don't pay him any mind. He knows if they blitz that we have Jenks, White, and Gonzo to throw to. Plus you have Norwwod coming out of the backfield. The last time I checked Miami receivers is average. They say they can just pass all over us, but you made a good point on the 3-3-5. This defense may surprise come Sunday.

I think the defense is gonna surprise as well

LoC,

Good work.

I think the Falcons can score enough to make the Dolphins one dimensional, then Abraham, Sidbury, Biermann and others can make Chad's life miserable. Pennington doesn't have the arm strength or receivers to duplicate what SD did in preseason.

Home cooking was really big for the Falcons last year- I think that carries over and I think the Falcons win going away.

That's what I've said . Who wants there starters going out playing as hard as they can and then getting injured.