Is WAl-Mart planning to hire everyone?

I just don't get this If one of your plans of attack is to put everyone else out of business, you are going to cause a lot of unemployment. Note to Wal-Mart: Unemployed people can't spend money at your store.

I remember when a dollar store opened next to our Super Walmart, Wal-mart suddenly had this huge area of " dollar deals". Anyway, it didn't work, the Dollar store is thriving and Walmart did away with the setup.

Wal-mart does do a lot of good as they offer fairly low prices and they hire a lot of people. But trying to put others out of work is just wrong on a lot of levels. I guess they figure it helps keep their grip tight on their own workers too, giving them less options for places to work.How is less places to work EVER good for a community?

I don't see how anyone can think its healthy one corporation is gleefully destroying small businesses and putting out of business other corporations and is targeting even more damage.

That's funny because the owner of the Falcons and his partner enjoyed it greatly when they started out. I know it's not exactly the same because Lowes was already around. But whenever Home Depot was going to open a new store they used to send a message to the local home improvement stores. I believe it was a black rose or something like that.

The problem with Wal-Mart is dirty/illegal business practices and our nation letting our business and manufacturing leave this country and exploiting countries like China/Korea where they're people will work for a penny an hour. It destroys competition and creates a power imbalance, something that chips away at the very values of Capitalism and the values this country was founded on.

I just don't get this If one of your plans of attack is to put everyone else out of business, you are going to cause a lot of unemployment. Note to Wal-Mart: Unemployed people can't spend money at your store.

I remember when a dollar store opened next to our Super Walmart, Wal-mart suddenly had this huge area of " dollar deals". Anyway, it didn't work, the Dollar store is thriving and Walmart did away with the setup.

Wal-mart does do a lot of good as they offer fairly low prices and they hire a lot of people. But trying to put others out of work is just wrong on a lot of levels. I guess they figure it helps keep their grip tight on their own workers too, giving them less options for places to work.How is less places to work EVER good for a community?

your absolutely right I think that people need to come together as a community to rid ourselves of the walmart menace. The question then becomes, how do we get rid of the walmart in our town? The only way I am aware of that worked was a serious drive among the staff to unionize. This happened in Quebec, the staff was determined to unionize – walmart packed up and left town! Infiltrate and unionize! Also, I think that it might help if a movement developed where ordinary members of the public flipped the bird to anyone seen doing business with wallyworld........................................... good post!! by the way....

your absolutely right I think that people need to come together as a community to rid ourselves of the walmart menace. The question then becomes, how do we get rid of the walmart in our town? The only way I am aware of that worked was a serious drive among the staff to unionize. This happened in Quebec, the staff was determined to unionize – walmart packed up and left town! Infiltrate and unionize! Also, I think that it might help if a movement developed where ordinary members of the public flipped the bird to anyone seen doing business with wallyworld........................................... good post!! by the way....

Labor unions, in the South? Unheard of! I would love to see it though.

That's the thing though. I'm not a big fan of unions in most cases. But in a case like this where WalMart wants to shut everyone else down and be a huge monopoly, I would love to see workers unionize and stand up to them.

And as for my part, tho Walmart doesn't care, I will just spread my dollar around. more than I already do. WalMart IS a convenience no doubt.. one stop shopping. I can stand the inconvenience to stop at three places instead of one.#### a big blue.

It isn't good for the community, but it is good for Wal-Mart. Which in the end, is all they care about. Capitalism baby :lol:

I work at walmart.. Have been for over a year. I work at the service desk making 8.90 an hour. My boss won't even let me change my avalibity.. I have it so I can work 6 am to 8 pm on sundays (like a 7 to 4 shift or 11 to 8) and I wanted it so I could leave by 1. He said I needed either a medical reason (hand written by a doctor) or something to indicate it was for caring for a child.

I hate this job and I am quiting soon.