Peter King picks Da Bears to go to Super Bowl?

Andre5000

the Bears won't even make the playoffs - the defense is in decline and the offense simply does not have enough weapons. Quick, name a starting WR for the Bears? 80% of people cannot do it.....even knowledgable NFL fans - no Devin Hester does not count - neither does Greg Olsen.

the Bears won't even make the playoffs - the defense is in decline and the offense simply does not have enough weapons. Quick, name a starting WR for the Bears? 80% of people cannot do it.....even knowledgable NFL fans - no Devin Hester does not count - neither does Greg Olsen.

But Devin Hester is a starting WR for the Bears. Matt Forte, Greg Olsen, and Devin Hester makes for a pretty good trio for Cutler to get the ball too. I wouldn't sell those guys short, although I certainly do not think that team is Super Bowl contenders.

But Devin Hester is a starting WR for the Bears. Matt Forte, Greg Olsen, and Devin Hester makes for a pretty good trio for Cutler to get the ball too. I wouldn't sell those guys short, although I certainly do not think that team is Super Bowl contenders.

Olsen is the tight end......

Devin Hester is a big play WR - no doubt - and "yes" I guess you have to count him since he is starting WR on the depth chart - I was not sure if that was true though so I looked it up - Hester will make his plays but he will not be consistent with his hands and won't catch more than 3-4 passes a game - in my opinion. There are lots of guys with speed who don't make for good WRs.......just ask the Raiders fans.

OK, here is Bears depth chart at WR:

WR-x:

Devin Hester

Rashad Davis

J. Iglesiasis

WR-y:

E. Bennett

D. Aromashudu

J. Knox

Wow, that group inspires confidence.......

Olsen is the tight end......

Devin Hester is a big play WR - no doubt - and "yes" I guess you have to count him since he is starting WR on the depth chart - I was not sure if that was true though so I looked it up - Hester will make his plays but he will not be consistent with his hands and won't catch more than 3-4 passes a game - in my opinion. There are lots of guys with speed who don't make for good WRs.......just ask the Raiders fans.

OK, here is Bears depth chart at WR:

WR-x:

Devin Hester

Rashad Davis

J. Iglesiasis

WR-y:

E. Bennett

D. Aromashudu

J. Knox

Wow, that group inspires confidence.......

I'd take them over the Dolphins receiving crew.

The Bears is not that bad of a pick guys. Don't kid yourselves. Don't sleep on Earl Bennett either. He played 1 season with Cutler and Vandy and they were successful. No one wants to play in Chicago come end of season and playoff time as well. This team doesn't need to light up the scoreboard to win games and they have the luxury of having one of the best young backs in the league. Also Olsen is one of the best young TE's in the league. Some of you are selling this team short.

I think the Bears overall are a solid team - but they will be lucky to make the playoffs as they are probably 3rd best in their own division - Bears are probably 8-8 type team.

Where I think the Bears are overrated is on defense - they are living off the reputation of defenses two years ago and more - honestly their defense is average......

Yeah I know, I just thought I'd throw that in there because I am seeing a lot of people talking about how worried they are about the Falcons secondary on Sunday.

well you too should be worried about the Falcons secondary.........remember, Falcons secondary was having a hard time covering back-up Chargers receivers and defending against back-up QBs - Billy Volek(Chargers) and John Beck(Ravens). Falcons secondary would have a hard time covering anyone.........

its impossible not to be worried about Falcons DBs covering anyone given last two pre-season performances where our starters could not cover back-up WRs and defend against back-up QBs - how can you not see that Peyton? :blink:

well you too should be worried about the Falcons secondary.........remember, Falcons secondary was having a hard time covering back-up Chargers receivers and defending against back-up QBs - Billy Volek(Chargers) and John Beck(Ravens). Falcons secondary would have a hard time covering anyone.........

its impossible not to be worried about Falcons DBs covering anyone given last two pre-season performances where our starters could not cover back-up WRs and defend against back-up QBs - how can you not see that Peyton? :blink:

I saw the Falcons starting corners do well enough in real games last year against much better competition than they are going to face on Sunday, that's why I am not worried.

Besides, the Miami WRs don't have a history of scoring TDs no matter how bad the defensive secondary is. They had 5 TDs last year, that had to be the lowest total in the NFL.

I saw the Falcons starting corners do well enough in real games last year against much better competition than they are going to face on Sunday, that's why I am not worried.

Besides, the Miami WRs don't have a history of scoring TDs no matter how bad the defensive secondary is. They had 5 TDs last year, that had to be the lowest total in the NFL.

this just in: Dominque Foxworth plays for the Ravens this year (not the Falcons)

this just in: Chad Pennington threw for more Yards and TDs(19) last year than Matt Ryan(16)

So, I think you are overselling our secondary and underselling the Dolphins passing attack.

this just in: Dominque Foxworth plays for the Ravens this year (not the Falcons)

this just in: Chad Pennington threw for more Yards and TDs(19) last year than Matt Ryan(16)

So, I think you are overselling our secondary and underselling the Dolphins passing attack.

This just in: Dominique Foxworth didn't get a start until week 8 last year.

Actually I've studied thier passing attack a lot better than you. Did you know that thier receivers accounted for less than 50% of thier receiving yards and only 25% of thier passing TDs? That is why more of the pressure in the passing game is going to fall on the LBs, not the secondary.

Hester was once a great return man but is now an average WR. Playing receiver killed his return skills.

Cutler used to have 2 playmaker WR's in Denver and a top shelf running game. Now he has the same skill players Orton and Grossman couldn't do anything with.

Forte is good but is going to be relied on a lot to do big things this year.

The problem with the Bears is their aging defense. This could be their last year with that group.

This just in: Dominique Foxworth didn't get a start until week 8 last year.

Actually I've studied thier passing attack a lot better than you. Did you know that thier receivers accounted for less than 50% of thier receiving yards and only 25% of thier passing TDs? That is why more of the pressure in the passing game is going to fall on the LBs, not the secondary.

true on Dominque starting late - I did not think it was "that" late but I will take you at your word if you studied it. However, the Falcons best defense last year was simply the offense dominating the time of possesion battle.......I doubt Tye Hill and Brian Williams play much if at all in this game - Grimes and Houston do not inspire confidence - never have - neither looked good last year.........

as to the Dolphins WRs, clearly I think its fair to say that Ted Ginn is finally starting to get better and emerge - obviously he was a disappointment his first few years in the league. Brian Hartline is a big target and shows promise - the Hawaii WR is fairly nifty - I agree they don't strike fear like many teams WRs - and if our corners were at least average I would say "no worries" for the Defense - but until the Falcons show up and have a good game in the secondary - it remains to be seen. For the record, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Hester was once a great return man but is now an average WR. Playing receiver killed his return skills.

Cutler used to have 2 playmaker WR's in Denver and a top shelf running game. Now he has the same skill players Orton and Grossman couldn't do anything with.

Forte is good but is going to be relied on a lot to do big things this year.

The problem with the Bears is their aging defense. This could be their last year with that group.

I agree with Jesus :rolleyes: - I better - ha!

good post Jesus........now I have this water - could you turn it into wine for me? :P

true on Dominque starting late - I did not think it was "that" late but I will take you at your word if you studied it. However, the Falcons best defense last year was simply the offense dominating the time of possesion battle.......I doubt Tye Hill and Brian Williams play much if at all in this game - Grimes and Houston do not inspire confidence - never have - neither looked good last year.........

as to the Dolphins WRs, clearly I think its fair to say that Ted Ginn is finally starting to get better and emerge - obviously he was a disappointment his first few years in the league. Brian Hartline is a big target and shows promise - the Hawaii WR is fairly nifty - I agree they don't strike fear like many teams WRs - and if our corners were at least average I would say "no worries" for the Defense - but until the Falcons show up and have a good game in the secondary - it remains to be seen. For the record, I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Hey man, I just think it's a terrible matchup for the Dolphins in a lot of ways. The WRs that give the Falcons the most problems are tall receivers, and two of thier top three receivers are midgets.

The bigger concerns for me are Brown, Williams, and Cobbs out of the backfield, and Fasano in the red zone. That is going to be on the LBs and the safeties.

The Dolphins offense is extremely stoppable, they don't have much talent, our guys just have to do thier jobs.

Hey man, I just think it's a terrible matchup for the Dolphins in a lot of ways. The WRs that give the Falcons the most problems are tall receivers, and two of thier top three receivers are midgets.

The bigger concerns for me are Brown, Williams, and Cobbs out of the backfield, and Fasano in the red zone. That is going to be on the LBs and the safeties.

The Dolphins offense is extremely stoppable, they don't have much talent, our guys just have to do thier jobs.

yeah, I worry about Ronnie B. on the screen passes - Falcons D. looked terrible all pre-season covering the swing passes.

yeah, I worry about Ronnie B. on the screen passes - Falcons D. looked terrible all pre-season covering the swing passes.

Yeah well hopefully they have been working on that. A lot.

I would imagine giving up a 50 yard screen pass TD on 3rd and 24 would inspire the team to put in some good work in the screen game.