Jim Schwartz on Reggie Bush:

nolafan33

All I need to worry about is one game and that game gives you enough nightmares when there’s a player like Reggie Bush."

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2...son%20Game.aspx

Gotta love it. I'm expecting big things from Reggie provided he stays healthy, and HUGE things from him on Sunday!

BTW, Schwartz knows more than a little about good offensive players, so I'd take his word for it!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when reggie bush first came into the league every one wrote articles like this on bush and they were all wrong....i expect this article to be no different.......hey turner went for 220 yards in our opener against the lions .....you willing to make a sig bet that reggie cant match it

1- This isn't an article, it's a interview with one of the brighest defensive minds out there.

2- Reggie Bush won't match 220 yards, he simply won't get the carries to get around that number.

The Dolphins considered QB Matt Ryan with the first pick of last year's draft, and coach Tony Sparano remains an admirer after watching Ryan's work with the Falcons. "Of all the weapons they have over there - they're all spectacular, but this guy [Ryan] drives the ship."

OMG guy's I'm expecting a all world like performance, out of our very own Magical Matty ICE. :wub:

A person like Sparano knows a rare talent when he sees it. He's spent years evaluating top talent riding on Parcells tea bags. I'm speechless and my breath is taken away thinking of the possibility's of what could be a EARTH shattering record breaking NFL season for MY very own *sigh* Falcons......

:wacko: :P :lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

What is Schwartzie supposed to say about Reggie? That he's weak, injury prone? The head coach of your opponent is NOT going to say anything but glowing things about his opponents. ;)

Hey, NOLA,

While I think Bush is a wonderful talent, what makes you think he'll stay healthy?

I'm not trying to be a smart###, but the man is coming off microfracture, he hasn't played in preseason and he's missed practices. What gives you confidence he'll be in the lineup?

I'm not sure if he'll stay healthy, that's why I said provided he stays healthy.

As for what makes me sure he'll be in the lineup, he's been practicing for a few weeks now. Payton just held him out of those games, being cautious. Bush will play Sunday, it's PT that I'm worried about.

What is Schwartzie supposed to say about Reggie? That he's weak, injury prone? The head coach of your opponent is NOT going to say anything but glowing things about his opponents. ;)

Unless your HC is Norv Turner and it's just a few minutes before the game starts, week 1 against the Panthers in SD. "Our 45 are better than the Panthers 45". He looked like he was about to cry when the Panthers beat the Chargers with no time left on the clock.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2...son%20Game.aspx

Gotta love it. I'm expecting big things from Reggie provided he stays healthy, and HUGE things from him on Sunday!

BTW, Schwartz knows more than a little about good offensive players, so I'd take his word for it!

Just when I thought I wouldn't see any Reggie post before the start of the season.....

Nola, what did you expect Schwartz to say when being interviewed by a Saints' beat writer? He didn't say anything we didn't already know.

All these people that are somehow implying that Schwartz bent the truth because he was talking to a Saints beat writer is laughable. Schwartz put it the way he is, he's a dangerous and versatile player who can put the ball in the endzone.

Basically, out of this:

Schwartz: "From a coach getting ready to play him, he’s a dynamic player, a player you need to know where he is on the field at all times. He’s a multidimensional player. He can return kicks. He can return punts. They can use him as a wide receiver. They can use him as a running back. He can score anytime he touches the ball. I can’t speak for his ability to hold up over the course of a season. All I need to worry about is one game and that game gives you enough nightmares when there’s a player like Reggie Bush."

What do YALL think he bent the truth on?

All these people that are somehow implying that Schwartz bent the truth because he was talking to a Saints beat writer is laughable. Schwartz put it the way he is, he's a dangerous and versatile player who can put the ball in the endzone.

Basically, out of this:

Schwartz: "From a coach getting ready to play him, he’s a dynamic player, a player you need to know where he is on the field at all times. He’s a multidimensional player. He can return kicks. He can return punts. They can use him as a wide receiver. They can use him as a running back. He can score anytime he touches the ball. I can’t speak for his ability to hold up over the course of a season. All I need to worry about is one game and that game gives you enough nightmares when there’s a player like Reggie Bush."

What do YALL think he bent the truth on?

i dunno but if i was a HC preparing my team and i was having nightmares about a player on the saints it would probably be this guy

drew-brees.jpg

and then after him it would probably be colston, shockey and then reggie.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
i dunno but if i was a HC preparing my team and i was having nightmares about a player on the saints it would probably be this guy

drew-brees.jpg

EXCACTLY!!! If Reggie is Schwartzie's #1 priority to stop the Lions will lose by @ least 40 points!

drew-brees.jpg

That's fair, but I also think the reason those guys can give coaches headaches is BECAUSE of Brees. Agree?

Well, you've had Brees and Bush for a few years now....What have they accomplished in playoff terms?

Maybe Brees needs to throw for 8,000 yds. 40tds. to get N.O. in the playoffs.

Brees is the real deal....but Bush is just average, and annually over-hyped.

Just stick him in the slot....

i'll give it to reggie that he's kind of developed his own position (somebody did it before him though just cant think of who) and faulk, westbrook and jackson have been sort of like him too, but they didn't return the ball. i think HD can fit into the reggie mold (can run the ball, catch the ball, return the ball), as can eddie royal, desean jackson, percy harvin and soon to be dexter mccluster. the only difference with royal jackson and HD is that they most likely won't get carries out of the backfield. i don't think percy will be as successful as reggie has, but watch out for mccluster when he goes pro. he could be a WR or a RB if he wanted to IMO.

i'll give it to reggie that he's kind of developed his own position (somebody did it before him though just cant think of who) and faulk, westbrook and jackson have been sort of like him too, but they didn't return the ball. i think HD can fit into the reggie mold (can run the ball, catch the ball, return the ball), as can eddie royal, desean jackson, percy harvin and soon to be dexter mccluster. the only difference with royal jackson and HD is that they most likely won't get carries out of the backfield. i don't think percy will be as successful as reggie has, but watch out for mccluster when he goes pro. he could be a WR or a RB if he wanted to IMO.

That's how I know Falcon fans would love them a Reggie Bush cuz of how yall acted last season when Douglass had that

stand out all purpose game.

He had 1 game like that and yall went nuts. With Reggie, it's what we have come to expect from the player on a regular basis. ;)

That's how I know Falcon fans would love them a Reggie Bush cuz of how yall acted last season when Douglass had that

stand out all purpose game.

He had 1 game like that and yall went nuts. With Reggie, it's what we have come to expect from the player on a regular basis. ;)

By regular basis, do you mean half of the playable season?

Because that is the definition of 'irregular basis'

By regular basis, do you mean half of the playable season?

Because that is the definition of 'irregular basis'

Reggie should be fine in the injury department. John Abraham went through a 4 year period where he only played in 67% of his games, Reggie has gone through a 2 year period which he has played in 69% of his games, but look at where Abe did last season, he also hasn't missed a game in 2 years. What makes you think Reggie will be any different?

Reggie should be fine in the injury department. John Abraham went through a 4 year period where he only played in 67% of his games, Reggie has gone through a 2 year period which he has played in 69% of his games, but look at where Abe did last season, he also hasn't missed a game in 2 years. What makes you think Reggie will be any different?

Reginald has had, unfortunately, acquired a nice little history of anterograde injuries....which are especially bad for WR's, CB's, and RB's.

Abe, although historically injury prone, has also had a tidal-like injury pattern...I'm not sure what that means in terms of injury buildup, but obviously it hasnt effected him too much.

Bust's style and alleged softness are not conducive to his position. Not hating just stating a fact.

Your hating, say what you want but Reggie is not soft. There's different ways of playing the position, and just because you don't always put your shoulder down doesn't mean your soft. The positions Reggie puts his body into at times, makes him not soft.

THE TRUTH OF THE "REGGIE" THING IS: A lot of people don't like ole' Reggie because he plays for

the Saints. If he played on any of the other division teams, you would certainly hear the praises of

"Reggie" from that team. And there would be no subject of how many games he played or missed.

I speak for myself, I'm not going to dislike a good player just because he is a rival, I don't care who

he plays for .... if he's good .... he's good. No matter how many games he plays. When he's out

there .... he's good. And he makes his team good too. NOW .... SEND IN THE MARINES!! B)