RapidReports

atljbo

RapidReports

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

1:33:19 pm Falcons QB Matt Ryan on if he can spread the ball enough to keep his skill position players happy: "I think so. It's a good thing to have guys that want to make plays. ... It's my job to put the ball in position to have them make plays and score touchdowns."

1:32:34 pm Falcons QB Matt Ryan on his play compared to the same time last year: "It's a whole lot different than last year. I'm a lot better served to play this week than I was last year."

1:06:08 pm Falcons OG Justin Blalock on the offensive line's physical play: "It's the nature of the beast. ...Their guys are going to try to hit our guys and knock them to the ground. So why can't we?"

1:05:37 pm Falcons RB Jerious Norwood on if he thinks there's any pressure to recreate last season's success: "I don't think so. We'll just do our best to play our style of football and impose our will on our opponent."

1:05:05 pm The Falcons know they'll have their hands full with the Dolphins' Wildcat formation. Miami was one of the few teams that proved it could throw out of the Wildcat last season. "Part of it is misdirection (run) but they've got Ronnie Brown back there and he can throw the ball," Falcons S Erik Coleman said. "So you can't really jump on one thing."

1:04:01 pm Falcons S Erik Coleman on defending Miami's Wildcat formation: "I don't know if there's a secret to stopping it. I think you have to get 11 guys to the ball and be aware of it."

1:03:22 pm Falcons S Erik Coleman said Miami's offense is balanced and will be a tough test for Atlanta's defense. "They have quick, athletic RBs that can catch the ball out of the backfield as well," Coleman said. "Ted Ginn's a fast receiver too. They have a lot of weappns on offense and will be a tough team to prepare for."

1:32:34 pm Falcons QB Matt Ryan on his play compared to the same time last year: "It's a whole lot different than last year. I'm a lot better served to play this week than I was last year."

Um...Matt? Your first NFL pass was a bomb for a TD. If you're MORE prepared than that, then call 911 for the defenses.

I don't feel very confident about our defense being good and disciplined enough to defend the Wildcat.

That however is ALL coaching... if we can't defend it then Van Gorder didn't do a good job of coaching/gameplanning because it can be stopped.

The rushing aspect of it can be stopped by solid coaching. If the player running it can throw the ball then it is a different breast entirely. Ronnie Brown doesn't scare anyone with his arm, but Pat White has potential to cause fits (hopefully not on Sunday though). If they actually throw the pass then we better hope our man in coverage, probably a CB, is doing his job.

I don't feel very confident about our defense being good and disciplined enough to defend the Wildcat.

That however is ALL coaching... if we can't defend it then Van Gorder didn't do a good job of coaching/gameplanning because it can be stopped.

I think the key is for our D-line to maintain their gaps. I like when I heard PJ say that he did what the coaches told him to do by not being to quick to deviate from his assignment and just stay disciplined and maintain your gap. Folks are making too much out of this Wildcat s*&%. Disciplined, fundamental defensive play will neutralize it.

The rushing aspect of it can be stopped by solid coaching. If the player running it can throw the ball then it is a different breast entirely. Ronnie Brown doesn't scare anyone with his arm, but Pat White has potential to cause fits (hopefully not on Sunday though). If they actually throw the pass then we better hope our man in coverage, probably a CB, is doing his job.

I just hope one of LBs give White a headach early in the game! :lol:

:lol:

I think we'll play a good game against them, we've been real good on the run, and our line has played great. The only problem I see is when we played the Lions. We couldn't contain Culpepper worth nothing, and THAT will be a problem playing against a running back taking QB snaps that can also throw the ball

...1:06:08 pm Falcons OG Justin Blalock on the offensive line's physical play: "It's the nature of the beast. ...Their guys are going to try to hit our guys and knock them to the ground. So why can't we?"...
Love it.

I have never seen a Falcon Oline extend plays as long as they do. They will get under the skin of a lot of defenders this year.

I think their attitude is yeah some of you lightweight DEs and LBs may sack our QB on a few pass plays but rest assured we will sack your lightweight ases on the run plays. Especially if you're running a 3-4. You're lookin at a couple 330s coming from nowhere against some 250 pound LBs that probably don't like to get hit. Let alone pancaked on national TV.

They are nasty. And big.. It will be fun to watch.

1:05:37 pm Falcons RB Jerious Norwood on if he thinks there's any pressure to recreate last season's success: "I don't think so. We'll just do our best to play our style of football and impose our will on our opponent."

Holy crap Norwood is scary.

Norwood is a football player he knows what it will take to win this game ^_^

RapidReports

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

1:33:19 pm Falcons QB Matt Ryan on if he can spread the ball enough to keep his skill position players happy: "I think so. It's a good thing to have guys that want to make plays. ... It's my job to put the ball in position to have them make plays and score touchdowns."

This is what makes our offense so deadly. Yeah we have Gonzo,Turner,and White, but we have a student of the game leading them, putting them in pefrect spots, and calling the right plays.

I think we'll play a good game against them, we've been real good on the run, and our line has played great. The only problem I see is when we played the Lions. We couldn't contain Culpepper worth nothing, and THAT will be a problem playing against a running back taking QB snaps that can also throw the ball

that's a good point, however it wont be as bad as culpepper scrambling b/c with throws out of the wildcat there are maybe 2 receivers downfield (and one of those is chad pennington) so our defense as a whole will be closer to the line of scrimmage as opposed to the Lions game where there were five receivers downfield.