LET'S NOT GET COCKY ... It is not the back to back jinx per se

MagnusXXIII

Overconfidence in pro sports is a death sentence. And it is more than just bad mojo.

Especially for a team on the cusp.

Remember in 2006 when we were to glide to a play off berth only to lose to the BROWNS and LIONS!

Stop with the Dophins Sux threads ... we don't want them to suck ... we just want to be better.

As soon as the attitude of the fans on a football messageboard starts to effect the outcome of games, that's when I will start caring.

The feelings on this board reflect that of the fan base as a whole.

And this fan base boo'd its arse off in game three of the preseason after 4 consecutive 3rd and longs completed.

This team knows the bar has been raised on them ... and the fans are largely responsible for that.

The media and fan base bring urgency or complacency to an organization ...

Having said that ... I will be mediating nude on the roof of my house Sunday morning in full lotus position if anyone else cares to join me.

Remember in 2006 when we were to glide to a play off berth only to lose to the BROWNS and LIONS!

Yes, I remember that. The funny thing is that I knew that team was going to collapse just like the 2005 team. I think most of use knew it in our hearts, just like many of us feel it in our hearts that this team is going to be special, not choke artists like those teams.

Either way, the fans being over confident has never determined the outcome of a single NFL game.

Yes, I remember that. The funny thing is that I knew that team was going to collapse just like the 2005 team. I think most of use knew it in our hearts, just like many of us feel it in our hearts that this team is going to be special, not choke artists like those teams.

Either way, the fans being over confident has never determined the outcome of a single NFL game.

Peter King predicted our win against Carolina opening day 2006 when Carolina was considered the second coming.

He also predicted us to lose to the Lions.

Peter King gets us right.

And this year he predicts us to win the South.

... but I digress.

Peter King predicted our win against Carolina opening day 2006 when Carolina was considered the second coming.

He also predicted us to lose to the Lions.

Peter King gets us right.

And this year he predicts us to win the South.

... but I digress.

Oh yeah? What did Peter King predict for the Falcons last year? That's what I thought.

I don't buy into this bogus historical crap.

We are fans, and if we wanna root for our team : THE ATLANTA FALCONS we have a right to do so, and if we want to be cocky and talk smack to other teams fans, WE HAVE A RIGHT TO DO SO.

It's called BEING A FAN! To not do so otherwise is called..... Well, I can't say it here..........

If you are superstitious and stupid then you can buy into history, and you can buy into the crap that others say.

I AM AN ATLANTA FALCONS FAN! THIS IS A NEW YEAR, NEW TEAM, NEW SEASON.

What you are saying in your opening opinion and thread start has no basis whatsoever no matter how you wanna make it out to be.

The FALCONS will prevail, historically if you wanna get into stats look at the offense first, Tony G., Michael Turner, Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Jerious Norwood and the list goes on and on and on.................. Nothing but power stats there. And yeah, I didn't mention Matt Ryan or our defense yet either, Abe,Babs,Jerry.... And the list goes on........

Hey, say what you want because you have a right to do so : "BUT I AM GONNA TELL YOU RIGHT NOW THAT WHEN A FINS FAN COMES HERE AND SAYS THE FALCONS SUCK THAT I AM GONNA TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT AND TELL THEM WHAT I THINK", JINX OR NOT.

LIKE I SAID : I AM A FALCONS FAN! NOT A FINS FAN...............

FALCONS 38

FINS 13

No jinx there, just an honest opinion.

I AIN'T SCARED!!!! And the FALCONS don't need this kinda negative crap going into a game that matters either IMO...........

My score on this THREAD START POST : FAIL!!!!!!

Like I said, you have a right to your opinion, but I do also..........

This place is a friggin riot... i swear.

Some of you guys need to listen to the OP. He might be the only level headed poster in this dump. The Falcons aren't even the best team in the division, let alone the conference... or league for that matter.

Cool. So who is the best team in the division? The Panthers? Give me a break.

This place is a friggin riot... i swear.

Some of you guys need to listen to the OP. He might be the only level headed poster in this dump. The Falcons aren't even the best team in the division, let alone the conference... or league for that matter.

Ok, I do have to admit that you can make an argument that there is a better team in the division than the Falcons right now.

What nobody can do is make an argument that there is a worse team in the division than the Buccaneers.

Overconfidence in pro sports is a death sentence. And it is more than just bad mojo.

Especially for a team on the cusp.

Stop with the Dophins Sux threads ... we don't want them to suck ... we just want to be better.

I think the <insert team name here> sux threads were a big part of why we won last year. That and the player look-a-like threads.

That cockiness id what leads to troll fans coming to rub sh#t in your face. You may not think fans control the outcome of games but it can affect the attitude of the players to some degree.

I just hope that the cocky fans around here aren't the ones whining when that cockiness bites us in the a##. Whether it does happen to be on the field or the rush of troll fans coming here to gloat.

That cockiness id what leads to troll fans coming to rub sh#t in your face. You may not think fans control the outcome of games but it can affect the attitude of the players to some degree.

I just hope that the cocky fans around here aren't the ones whining when that cockiness bites us in the a##. Whether it does happen to be on the field or the rush of troll fans coming here to gloat.

I can deal with the trolls so i aint worried about it = Dolphins still Suck :D