I am actually glad our bye week comes early this year

Ice74

usually i like the bye week to come late in the season, gives injured and beat guys a week to R&R, and the healthy to recharge

but with the bye week coming in week 4, I can see us, testing some players, (Grimes, Houston, DeCoud, Anderson) and let the new ones (Williams, Moore, Hill, Bierman/Sidbury) slowly get some playing time and fit in, then make some changes in the bye week and be ready to hit the ground in week 5

and the positive side, if those tested players pass, then we are that much deeper and their confidence stays high

because I sh!t you not, we better be ready by the Dallas game, 4 out of the next 5 are on the road and the road teams are Dallas, NO, Carolina, and NY, that will make or break our season, we pull out of that stretch 3-2 or 2-3 , we should be sitting pretty

usually i like the bye week to come late in the season, gives injured and beat guys a week to R&R, and the healthy to recharge

but with the bye week coming in week 4, I can see us, testing some players, (Grimes, Houston, DeCoud, Anderson) and let the new ones (Williams, Moore, Hill, Bierman/Sidbury) slowly get some playing time and fit in, then make some changes in the bye week and be ready to hit the ground in week 5

and the positive side, if those tested players pass, then we are that much deeper and their confidence stays high

because I sh!t you not, we better be ready by the Dallas game, 4 out of the next 5 are on the road and the road teams are Dallas, NO, Carolina, and NY, that will make or break our season, we pull out of that stretch 3-2 or 2-3 , we should be sitting pretty

I don't know why exatcly I feel the way I do, but when it comes to the Cowboys, I think we're going to punch them in the mouth and bully them for 60 minutes. Its always going to be a throwdown with NO so maybe so...maybe no.... Carolina I believe might give Ryan tough time, but we will be more physical and run the ball effectively. As far as the Giants, there is a lot of factors but if we can stop the run somewhat, we will have a great chance to win. But stopping the run game against them is very paramount, especially in NY.

I don't know why exatcly I feel the way I do, but when it comes to the Cowboys, I think we're going to punch them in the mouth and bully them for 60 minutes. Its always going to be a throwdown with NO so maybe so...maybe no.... Carolina I believe might give Ryan tough time, but we will be more physical and run the ball effectively. As far as the Giants, there is a lot of factors but if we can stop the run somewhat, we will have a great chance to win. But stopping the run game against them is very paramount, especially in NY.

stopping the run against the panties is just as paramount.

It's good for the bye week to come directly after the Pats game. There won't be any other game all year that reveals more areas of improvement for the Falcons. For the "process", the bye week could not come at a better time.

Agreed. But most defenses struggle against that offense. Their defense has as many question marks as ours, losing 6 starters.

I really don't think it is much of an issue because the only two teams in the league that don't end the season with at least 8 straight games are the Giants and Texans.

Is there really that much of a difference between going into the playoffs having worked 8 straight weeks and 13 straight weeks? I don't think so.

If the Falcons want a the week off, just have to earn that bye.