Erik Coleman interview from Sirius.

coryb78

Ok great. I need to talk some football tonight (it's been a really tough day).

I haven't listened to all of it yet but so far he has said something that I really wanted to hear and that's that, "I can do more from the SS position than I can from the FS position."

He says he can dictate more from that position as far as the flow of the game goes.

He also said that he has taken on more of a leadership role because he knows that he needs to do so.

He talked about Roddy's holdout and he said that Roddy was, "responsible" with his off time and actually looks faster than last season. He says that the team saw from Roddy on day one that he was in fantastic shape and the team understands that the NFL is a business so their is no bad blood between any of the team and Roddy.

He said that knowing Matt Ryan he will improve on his numbers from last season and that the addition of Gonzalez can only help. He said that it's not numbers that the team is after but results.

Also he knows Chad Penningtons tendencies being a former teammate and he compared him to Peyton Manning meaning that you can't come up to the line and show your hand and if you do then Chad with his accuracy is gong to pick you apart.

One thing that he said that does worry me is that in week 3 (the San Diego 3rd down conversion game) the team had alot of it's packages in that it plans on using during the season but he also said that that particular game is also used to fine tune some things and see what will work during the season.

That's about all I can remember right off the top of my head. I had to quit listening so I could take care of some sick family but I will go back out and continue listening in a few minutes and catch us all up.

When I left off he was going to talk about facing the Wildcat and who was running it in practice to prep us for it.

To wrap up the interview he said, "we don't really have a Pat White type but preparing for the Wilcat is a pain but he hopes to help shut it down come Sunday." He said that the RB's for Miami were a true two headed monster and that Ronnie Brown is a big back that runs like a little back.

Said that Mike Peterson has been a big help to Curtis Lofton due to his experience playing the Mike and said that Curtis is much improved from last season to this season and said that Lofton is emerging as a leader on the defense.

I agree and am very excited about how good Lofton has looked so far in the pre-season. I expect a big possible pro-bowl caliber year from him and I am happy with his improvement already. He's going to be huge for us this year I think.

In closing I was very impressed by Erik Coleman's conversation. He did well representing the franchise in that there were no, "you knows" or babbled speech. He knew what he wanted to say in response to the questions asked and he was very eloquent. Can't wait to see what he does for us this year.

Ok great. I need to talk some football tonight (it's been a really tough day).

I haven't listened to all of it yet but so far he has said something that I really wanted to hear and that's that, "I can do more from the SS position than I can from the FS position."

He says he can dictate more from that position as far as the flow of the game goes.

He also said that he has taken on more of a leadership role because he knows that he needs to do so.

He talked about Roddy's holdout and he said that Roddy was, "responsible" with his off time and actually looks faster than last season. He says that the team saw from Roddy on day one that he was in fantastic shape and the team understands that the NFL is a business so their is no bad blood between any of the team and Roddy.

He said that knowing Matt Ryan he will improve on his numbers from last season and that the addition of Gonzalez can only help. He said that it's not numbers that the team is after but results.

Also he knows Chad Penningtons tendencies being a former teammate and he compared him to Peyton Manning meaning that you can't come up to the line and show your hand and if you do then Chad with his accuracy is gong to pick you apart.

One thing that he said that does worry me is that in week 3 (the San Diego 3rd down conversion game) the team had alot of it's packages in that it plans on using during the season but he also said that that particular game is also used to fine tune some things and see what will work during the season.

That's about all I can remember right off the top of my head. I had to quit listening so I could take care of some sick family but I will go back out and continue listening in a few minutes and catch us all up.

When I left off he was going to talk about facing the Wildcat and who was running it in practice to prep us for it.

Sweet

To wrap up the interview he said, "we don't really have a Pat White type but preparing for the Wilcat is a pain but he hopes to help shut it down come Sunday." He said that the RB's for Miami were a true two headed monster and that Ronnie Brown is a big back that runs like a little back.

Said that Mike Peterson has been a big help to Curtis Lofton due to his experience playing the Mike and said that Curtis is much improved from last season to this season and said that Lofton is emerging as a leader on the defense.

I agree and am very excited about how good Lofton has looked so far in the pre-season. I expect a big possible pro-bowl caliber year from him and I am happy with his improvement already. He's going to be huge for us this year I think.

In closing I was very impressed by Erik Coleman's conversation. He did well representing the franchise in that there were no, "you knows" or babbled speech. He knew what he wanted to say in response to the questions asked and he was very eloquent. Can't wait to see what he does for us this year.

Funny thing about the " you knows". Matt Ryan almost always starts off an answer with either " You know", or " " No doubt about it"