Tuesday morning quarterback

KANE337

He mentions how TD dealt with the Foxworth situation...

Dimitroff knew he was taking a chance in jettisoning vets Lawyer Milloy, Grady Jackson, Michael Boley, Keith Brooking and Dominique Foxworth; the only one he'd have chosen to keep was Foxworth, but after the Ravens gave Foxworth a $6.8-million-a-year deal, Dimitroff backed off. Too much for a guy who's not a No. 1 corner. In the place of these veterans is mostly youth. The projected Falcons starting defense has nine players 27 or younger.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0QZLM1BQu

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...mail/index.html

Good read, thanks for the post.

I've been hearing a lot everyone saying that Tye Hill will probably be the nickel back. Well, is this meaning that no one thinks he has a shot at being our starter? I can see him as the nickel for the first 2 - 3 games. But after that, I am betting he takes a starting job. I mean, there's no way you can tell me, despite his trouble with injuries, that he's no better than Houston or Grimes. I think he's a lot better. Him and Brian Williams as our backs would be awesome, a ton better than what we currently have.

This seems like Dominique Foxworth part two to me.

Last season Foxworth didn't play early on in the season and people were screaming for him to get on the field but the Falcons held to their philosophy of being prepared fully before he gets significant playing time and we all saw how he did when he was ready to play.

This year I don't expect much from hill until weeks 6-8. Hill has all of the tools and none of the confidence needed to play CB right now or so the reports have said.

The worst thing you could do with him right now is send him out too early. Let the guy get the playbook down before we send him out. If we learned anything last year about CB's who come on board late its that, "it's better to wait than rush."

Also I do believe that Hill is related to someone on this board.

I actually wanted to draft this guy when he came out and he was on my board but we got him now so lets see what he can do with us.

I picked him up in Madden in franchise year one as well so it is neat to see that we got him on the real team now. Hopefully he plays as well for us as he did for me.

I hope Hill works but I am not willing to instantly say he will take Houston or Grimes starting spot. He was a bust and that's why we got him for a 7th round draft pick. This is a guy hoping a change of scenery will help him get his career back on track. Expecting him to be a savior or play to the level of Foxworth may be expecting to much.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

He mentions how TD dealt with the Foxworth situation...

Dimitroff knew he was taking a chance in jettisoning vets Lawyer Milloy, Grady Jackson, Michael Boley, Keith Brooking and Dominique Foxworth; the only one he'd have chosen to keep was Foxworth, but after the Ravens gave Foxworth a $6.8-million-a-year deal, Dimitroff backed off. Too much for a guy who's not a No. 1 corner. In the place of these veterans is mostly youth. The projected Falcons starting defense has nine players 27 or younger.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...l#ixzz0QZLM1BQu

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...mail/index.html

Exactly too much money for a # 2 corner

I hope Hill works but I am not willing to instantly say he will take Houston or Grimes starting spot. He was a bust and that's why we got him for a 7th round draft pick. This is a guy hoping a change of scenery will help him get his career back on track. Expecting him to be a savior or play to the level of Foxworth may be expecting to much.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

The Hill pickup is a win already IMO. You get a guy with first round caliber talent and we got him for a seventh. If he does nothing for us we gave up so little to get him that it's a calculated move that you really can't lose from making.

It's a win this very minute.

I've been hearing a lot everyone saying that Tye Hill will probably be the nickel back. Well, is this meaning that no one thinks he has a shot at being our starter? I can see him as the nickel for the first 2 - 3 games. But after that, I am betting he takes a starting job. I mean, there's no way you can tell me, despite his trouble with injuries, that he's no better than Houston or Grimes. I think he's a lot better. Him and Brian Williams as our backs would be awesome, a ton better than what we currently have.

It will be interesting to see which DB plays what position come game 1. I think Williams will see action before Hill. Of the two new guys, Williams already pretty much knows the installed defense, and he moved ahead of Jackson on the (unofficial) depth chart. Since Jackson was last year's nickel, I'd guess that nickel is Williams' first assignment (barring a pre-game promotion :) )

The question is whether Coach Smith has decided that Grimes is just too small to play corner in this system. That would mean that Williams will start at corner.

If Williams replaces Grimes, then I'd say Chevis might stay at nickel until at least the bye week. Hill has to learn the system, and the nIckelback has more responsibilities than corner.

We can all see the immedicate contention for starting corners. Fast forward a little bit and assume that Williams and Hill win LCB and RCB. Jackson, Houston and Grimes might then be in competition for nickel.

The Hill pickup is a win already IMO. You get a guy with first round caliber talent and we got him for a seventh. If he does nothing for us we gave up so little to get him that it's a calculated move that you really can't lose from making.

so true

If we traded JA98 for a 7th round pick, I would call that a victory for the Falcons at this point....but Hill was/has been more productive than Jamaal during their respective tumultuous tenures.

I don't know who is saying that b/c Tye is clearly here to be the starter. Not immediately b/c like Foxworth last year he's got to get up to speed. TD and Smitty were not happy with the corner play. I'm just glad we did something about it!