Butterworth released

coastiemike

I didn't see it anywhere else so here it is:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons today made adjustments to the practice squad with the signing of offensive lineman Rob Bruggeman and the release of offensive lineman Michael Butterworth.

Bruggeman, 6-4, 293 pounds, was originally signed by Tampa Bay as a rookie free agent on April 30, 2009. The University of Iowa graduate earned first team District Seven Academic All-America honors and Academic All-Big Ten accolades following his senior season as well as being named to the second team All-Big Ten list by the league’s coaches and media. Bruggeman started all 12 games last season at center which included a 31-10 Outback Bowl victory over South Carolina.

Butterworth was signed by the Falcons as a rookie free agent on April 28, 2008. After being waived at the conclusion of training camp last year, he was signed to the practice squad on December 16, 2008.

buttersmith had his chance. bruggeman is listed as 6-3, 287 by iowa. he does not look bad. alex fletcher of stanford is the only other one that caught my eye off paper. i dont know if he is unemployed or not. i do know that iowa produces OL though. stanford not so much. i'm glad we added an OC to the PS though. that makes up for not picking up an OC in place of ojinakka. if oji can play LT in a pinch as well as OG, he is worth keeping as 9th OL.

Well, he was unimpressive during those preseason games.

As big as he is, one would think the guy wouldn't have problems blocking opposing d-linemen.

No doubt that Coach Boo see's something that he can work with.

I like this because this is the decision of Boo, Smitty and TD,

and likely just Boo and TD.