Week 1 Distribution maps

Cody Anderson

Well here are the distribution maps for your viewing pleasure. I'll be at our game, and then come home to watch the Skins-Giants, and then the Sunday nighter is Bears-Packers, not a bad slate of games. Still don't understand why the Savannah area is always subjected to the Jags games....whatever. Enjoy wherever you may be on Sunday!!!

CBS

FOX Early

FOX Late

TO ALL YOU PEOPLE IN NEED OF SEEING THE FALCONS OUTSIDE OF ATLANTA:

if you have directv or dishnetwork, call them up and tell them you need to "update your service address" to ENTER ATLANTA AREA ADDRESS HERE...

they'll change your service address and still give you option of maintaining your current billing address. this will give you Atlanta local channels. now, if the game is subject to blackout then your S.O.L. under this scenario.

TO ALL YOU PEOPLE IN NEED OF SEEING THE FALCONS OUTSIDE OF ATLANTA:

if you have directv or dishnetwork, call them up and tell them you need to "update your service address" to ENTER ATLANTA AREA ADDRESS HERE...

they'll change your service address and still give you option of maintaining your current billing address. this will give you Atlanta local channels. now, if the game is subject to blackout then your S.O.L. under this scenario.

I think it doesn't work anymore with Dish Network since they put the Spot beam which means MIDWEST can't get channel from Atlanta. I might be wrong... but that's how I see it

Just thought I would let the people in Northwest Georgia and Chattanooga know that WDEF will be showing the game instead of Colts vs. Jags. Atleast that is what the lady from the station told me. I guess the map is not updated yet. Here is the email. She was very fast with her response and easy to deal with. It was much easier than trying to get something out of Fox 61.

Thanks for e-mailing us your comments. We had asked CBS for a change to

the Falcons game earlier and that request was denied. The CBS

Affiliates in the State of Tennessee were all setup to receive the Colts

game. We made a 2nd request and were just notified that request has

been granted. WDEF will now be carrying the Falcons game Sunday.

We appreciated hearing your comments and hope you enjoy the game.

Just thought I would let the people in Northwest Georgia and Chattanooga know that WDEF will be showing the game instead of Colts vs. Jags. Atleast that is what the lady from the station told me. I guess the map is not updated yet. Here is the email. She was very fast with her response and easy to deal with. It was much easier than trying to get something out of Fox 61.

Thanks for e-mailing us your comments. We had asked CBS for a change to

the Falcons game earlier and that request was denied. The CBS

Affiliates in the State of Tennessee were all setup to receive the Colts

game. We made a 2nd request and were just notified that request has

been granted. WDEF will now be carrying the Falcons game Sunday.

We appreciated hearing your comments and hope you enjoy the game.

well that's cool. i'd hate it if i lived in Georgia and couldnt see my Falcons play.

For the one wondering why Jacksonville's game is being shown in Savannah instead of the Falcons, well, here is the reason.

According to the NFL, Savannah, because of its proximity to Jacksonville is considered a secondary market for Jacksonville, so consequently when the Jaguars are on the road, and the Savannah station which in this case is WTOC is required by league rules to carry the Jags game. If the Jaguars were home, WTOC would have the option of what game to carry. So in this case it is out of their hands and Falcons in Savannah will be subjected to the Jags-Colts game. That is the reasoning, these conflicts can happen a couple of times a year depending on when the Jags and Falcons both appear on the same network at the same time.

For the one wondering why Jacksonville's game is being shown in Savannah instead of the Falcons, well, here is the reason.

According to the NFL, Savannah, because of its proximity to Jacksonville is considered a secondary market for Jacksonville, so consequently when the Jaguars are on the road, and the Savannah station which in this case is WTOC is required by league rules to carry the Jags game. If the Jaguars were home, WTOC would have the option of what game to carry. So in this case it is out of their hands and Falcons in Savannah will be subjected to the Jags-Colts game. That is the reasoning, these conflicts can happen a couple of times a year depending on when the Jags and Falcons both appear on the same network at the same time.

I see. It would be harder for the Jags fans from Savannah to go to Indy to see the Jags play than for the Falcons fans in Savannah to go to the dome. Therefore, they would show the Jags when they are on the road and the Falcons are at home. However, what if the Falcons were playing in Miami instead? Since both teams would be on the road and Savannah being a primary Falcons market, would WTOC be showing the Falcons? Just curious. I don't live in Savannah, but in Northwest Georgia we have the same problem with the Titans. Wait, I think I just answered my own question. Is WTOC the CBS affiliate? So if the Falcons were on the road against an AFC team the Fox affiliate would have the game. Correct? Therefore , no conflicts. Falcons at home vs. AFC = CBS. Falcons on road vs. AFC = Fox. Falcons vs. NFC home or road = Fox.

**** this **** makes my head hurt.

I see. It would be harder for the Jags fans from Savannah to go to Indy to see the Jags play than for the Falcons fans in Savannah to go to the dome. Therefore, they would show the Jags when they are on the road and the Falcons are at home. However, what if the Falcons were playing in Miami instead? Since both teams would be on the road and Savannah being a primary Falcons market, would WTOC be showing the Falcons? Just curious. I don't live in Savannah, but in Northwest Georgia we have the same problem with the Titans. Wait, I think I just answered my own question. Is WTOC the CBS affiliate? So if the Falcons were on the road against an AFC team the Fox affiliate would have the game. Correct? Therefore , no conflicts. Falcons at home vs. AFC = CBS. Falcons on road vs. AFC = Fox. Falcons vs. NFC home or road = Fox.

**** this **** makes my head hurt.

Yes, the only time the Falcons would only be on CBS is when they are hosting an AFC team. If the Falcons were at Miami it would not be a conflict because the Falcons would be on Fox and the Jags on CBS. This is seldom a conflict for the FOX affliate, my station because the Jags would be the home team in that case, and the station therefore would have the option of carrying whichever game they wanted.

Yes, the only time the Falcons would only be on CBS is when they are hosting an AFC team. If the Falcons were at Miami it would not be a conflict because the Falcons would be on Fox and the Jags on CBS. This is seldom a conflict for the FOX affliate, my station because the Jags would be the home team in that case, and the station therefore would have the option of carrying whichever game they wanted.

Well I guess thats they have to do.....seeing as how they have absolutely no fan base in J'Ville....