Best places to eat

rgreen0920

I have posted before but hopefully this gets more legs.....I live in Iowa and will be making the trip down next Thursday to watch the Carolina game....we are going to a Braves game, aquarium, cnn center and coca cola i think....is there anything else that i should do ....and also...WHERE DO I EAT...I like all foods

Manuel's Tavern is legendary bar-food.

Best pizza probably Mellow Mushroom or Fellini's.

Cheshire Bridge Road is a good place to find some excellent restaurants (and some pretty crappy strip-clubs). The Colonnade is great southern food, Alfredo's is the best Italian IMO, and there's also a really nice Japanese steakhouse and a good mexican spot. And Varsity Jr. is up the street, which is the same thing as the one downtown but less crowded.

And right near Cheshire Bridge on Piedmont is Fat Matt's BBQ. A lot of people will tell you it's the best, but I think it's kinda over-rated. Ribs are parboiled but pretty good, brunswick stew is awesome, and there's always good music. I like Fox Bros. BBQ on DeKalb Ave or KC Pit BBQ on Roswell Rd.

I have posted before but hopefully this gets more legs.....I live in Iowa and will be making the trip down next Thursday to watch the Carolina game....we are going to a Braves game, aquarium, cnn center and coca cola i think....is there anything else that i should do ....and also...WHERE DO I EAT...I like all foods

Where are you staying and who's coming with you?

The Vortex is definitely some of the best burgers on the planet. Everything I've ever had there is good.

Vortex IMO is a tad overated... Their burgers are good but not the best in Atlanta as they claim. Sadly, I can't really decide who has the BEST. I'm a BBQ man myself and I suggest Fox Bros on Dekalb or Ann's Snack Bar if you want a gigantic burger that is better than Vortex :P she has some crazy rules though...

Vortex IMO is a tad overated... Their burgers are good but not the best in Atlanta as they claim. Sadly, I can't really decide who has the BEST. I'm a BBQ man myself and I suggest Fox Bros on Dekalb or Ann's Snack Bar if you want a gigantic burger that is better than Vortex :P she has some crazy rules though...

See, I think Ann's is over-rated. Another really good burger is Charlie Mopp's on Roswell Rd. They also have like 200 beer selections, which is always nice.

Fox Bros. is the ****!!!

so far i will have to check out the Varsity and Vortex definately
Varsity only if your stomach can handle it. Or you will be sorry.

Vortex only if you like an artsy environment. If you don't you will think you're in SF in the 70s.

You can never go wrong with Houstons. Good food, great service, nice atmosphere and affordable. There are three of em in Buckhead.

If the weather is nice take your wife for a drink at the Sundial at the top of the Westin Hotel on Peachtree downtown. Revolving room overlooking the city. Good food in the resturant too but may be over your budget. You can walk to the Dome from there. Dailey's is good too. It's downtown.

Lot's of fast food and sports bars in and around CNN Center which is next to the Dome.