Teams that Finished 500 or Better in Preseason

http://chat.nfl.com/front/index/425#alert

Mike, Dallas, Tx

Gil, I used to enjoy our Cards-Cowboys battles in St.Louis and really respect your opinions even though I'm a Big Red fan. Should the Cards struggles in preseason on both sides of the ball indicate problems heading into opening weekend?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Thanks, Mike. I think the Cardinals were a very plain vanilla offense in the preseason games they lost. They will show some things in this week's opener against San Francisco that nobody saw in preseason.

And I do think whoever wins the Cards-49ers game will have a leg up in the NFC West.

Note: Over the past five years, teams that finished .500 or better in the preseason made the playoffs 75 percent of the time.

Mike, Dallas, Tx

Gil, I used to enjoy our Cards-Cowboys battles in St.Louis and really respect your opinions even though I'm a Big Red fan. Should the Cards struggles in preseason on both sides of the ball indicate problems heading into opening weekend?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Thanks, Mike. I think the Cardinals were a very plain vanilla offense in the preseason games they lost. They will show some things in this week's opener against San Francisco that nobody saw in preseason.

And I do think whoever wins the Cards-49ers game will have a leg up in the NFC West.

Note: Over the past five years, teams that finished .500 or better in the preseason made the playoffs 75 percent of the time.

I will take that Stat all day :D

who cares about numbers..i hate columnist who keep up with weird stats..example, peyton manning is 16-1 when leading at halftime, or tom brady is 4-0 in overtimes, or the falcons or 8-0 all time when michael turner rushes for over 100 yards...who actually cares about that crap. it doesnt tell the story of how the game is gonna end.

bs.gifbs.gifThat stat is a flat out lie. Total BSbs.gifbs.gif

Over the last 5 years, 112 teams have finished preseason with a .500 or better record. Of those 112 teams, only 46 have made the playoffs. That's 41% of the teams who have finished .500 or better in the preseason making the playoffs.

Now, if he wants to say that 75% of the teams that MADE the playoffs finished .500 or better in the preseason, then I wouldn't have a problem. That would be 46 of 60 teams, which is 76.6%.

But the way he writes it is totally incorrect and misleading (which is par for the course with Brandt eusa_liar.gif).

who cares about numbers..i hate columnist who keep up with weird stats..example, peyton manning is 16-1 when leading at halftime, or tom brady is 4-0 in overtimes, or the falcons or 8-0 all time when michael turner rushes for over 100 yards...who actually cares about that crap. it doesnt tell the story of how the game is gonna end.

:lol::lol::lol: yeah, to HEL* with all the stats and history pundits

That stat is a flat out lie. Total BS

Over the last 5 years, 112 teams have finished preseason with a .500 or better record. Of those 112 teams, only 46 have made the playoffs. That's 41% of the teams who have finished .500 or better in the preseason making the playoffs.

Now, if he wants to say that 75% of the teams that MADE the playoffs finished .500 or better, then I wouldn't have a problem. That would be 46 of 60 teams, which is 76.6%.

But the way he writes it is totally incorrect.

Thanks. Something about that just didn't seem right.

Now, if he wants to say that 75% of the teams that MADE the playoffs finished .500 or better in the preseason, then I wouldn't have a problem. That would be 46 of 60 teams, which is 76.6%.

But the way he writes it is totally incorrect and misleading (which is par for the course with Brandt).

Wow, thanks for checking on that. He just totally pulled that number out of his anus, I guess. People should at least try when writing, right?

But the way he writes it is totally incorrect and misleading (which is par for the course with Brandt).

Nice....

Wow, thanks for checking on that. He just totally pulled that number out of his anus, I guess. People should at least try when writing, right?

People shouldn't be such sheep and believe everything they read without verifying it first. JMO.

Knew there was no way that stat could be right. NE, Indy, Philly have too many times not won in the preseason & made the playoffs, while Detroit, Washington, Oakland & other teams win fairly consistently in the preseason & fail to make the playoffs.