Seymour ready to sit out season...opportunity for the Falcons?

cyofish

It's possible if Seymour's demands are too steep Raiders may unwind the deal.

Falcons can offer the Raiders Jamal Anderson for a 2nd round pick in 2010. From what I understand the Raiders want a run stuffing DE. While Jamal underachieved in the passing game, he had played pretty well in run defense. 2nd round draft pick for the Raiders will probably still be high enough where Atlanta can get a potential 1st round talent.

I know it's a long shot but Al Davis is crazy. If trading Anderson for a 2nd round pick is possible with any team, it would be the Raiders.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/De...?urn=nfl,187811

Seymour wants money too, didn't he hold out twice while with the Pats over money. He might not want to play for Oakland but he wants a new contract.

He probably does want money, but probably moreso now because he knows that with Oaklands Superbowls are not an option anymore for a long time, so it is truly about the money now. Maybe he can go to the Jets, but nevermind he wont win there either.

PS. Motherbird you cant have two favorite teams :P :lol::lol:

Yeah, imagine you are ready to start game planning for week 1 on your team with which you have played your whole career and won 3 superbowls, your star QB is back from injury and you are the same or even better team than the one 2 years ago that went 18-1.

The next day you are traded to the Raiders. The least valuable franchise and laughing stock of the NFL. Even Detroit is at least trying to change and improve.

Talk about changing your reality in a flash. He's won 3 SBs and presumably made a fair amount of money. He can probably afford to sit out if he wants to wait to go to a serious team. I don't believe that makes him a malcontent.

This isn't an opportunity for the Falcons.

Even though the Patriots are getting the Raiders 1st round draft pick in 2011, the Patriots fully expect the Raiders to suck for the foreseeable future and for that pick to be at minimum top 10. Chances are the Falcons 1st round pick will be in the bottom 10 at best (we all at least hope).

Thats why the deal was done with the Raiders. If the same deal was offered to the Falcons for Seymour, it would require either a player or an additional draft pick, like a 4th or 5th. (And that other player can't be Jamaal Anderson either, it would need to be a NFL quality player...)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Seymour on the other side of Abraham, but it aint gonna happen.

And people, stop with these fantasy drafts were we trade garbage on our team for something we can actually use.

Even if we could trade Jamaal Anderson, we aint getting anything higher then a 5th for him. They other teams have seen the tape on him too.

They know we got nothing with him.

Didn't Davis draft a guy in the 2nd that people thought would go undrafted? Maybe i'm mistaken.

Probably.... he's also drafted a kicker in the first round.... but there's a method to his madness.

Al loves speed... and gamechangers...(in his mind anyway).

In 3 years Jamall Anderson has 2 sacks. You can find guys off the street that can give you that...

Davis will spend for gamechangers.... too bad Davis isn't blind and def otherwise he might be foolded into trading for Anderson.

This isn't an opportunity for the Falcons.

Even though the Patriots are getting the Raiders 1st round draft pick in 2011, the Patriots fully expect the Raiders to suck for the foreseeable future and for that pick to be at minimum top 10. Chances are the Falcons 1st round pick will be in the bottom 10 at best (we all at least hope).

Thats why the deal was done with the Raiders. If the same deal was offered to the Falcons for Seymour, it would require either a player or an additional draft pick, like a 4th or 5th. (And that other player can't be Jamaal Anderson either, it would need to be a NFL quality player...)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Seymour on the other side of Abraham, but it aint gonna happen.

And people, stop with these fantasy drafts were we trade garbage on our team for something we can actually use.

Even if we could trade Jamaal Anderson, we aint getting anything higher then a 5th for him. They other teams have seen the tape on him too.

They know we got nothing with him.

I think it is a joke Commish most people know that we cant Trade a quality starter for a rotational DE.

So why even ask for a long term contract from the Raiders of all teams. Why not just play this season with them and go some where else when your contract is out at the end of the season?

Because he may be stuck playing for the transition tag (5.5-7.5 mil a year depending on whether he's a DT or DE in the 4-3) until he outlives his usefulness. If that's the likely outcome, might as well get as much of it as you can up front in guaranteed money and a signing bonus.

Even Crazy Al wouldn't let a player that he traded a 1st round pick for leave after just one season...

He probably does want money, but probably moreso now because he knows that with Oaklands Superbowls are not an option anymore for a long time, so it is truly about the money now. Maybe he can go to the Jets, but nevermind he wont win there either.

PS. Motherbird you cant have two favorite teams :P :lol::lol:

Well when he got his previous extension it was he and his agent that suggested a shorter extension so he'd be a FA in 2010 when there was potentially no salary cap. If he wanted to be a Patriot for life he could have been.

Patriots knew that Seymour would be a potential problem with contract negotiations after this season so they dealt him. This is more about money than it is about what organization he's playing for.

Mr. Jaymadd I can have two favorite teams lol. :P

Well when he got his previous extension it was he and his agent that suggested a shorter extension so he'd be a FA in 2010 when there was potentially no salary cap. If he wanted to be a Patriot for life he could have been.

Patriots knew that Seymour would be a potential problem with contract negotiations after this season so they dealt him. This is more about money than it is about what organization he's playing for.

Mr. Jaymadd I can have two favorite teams lol. :P

1129783_Shrug.gif

NO you cant, it is against Fan Rules :D:lol: