UGA fans...Take a deep breath

jdu00743

Yall lost on the road to a top 10 team...In a game that you were "in" pretty much until the end. This is not nearly as bad as most of you all are making it out to be. Yes, there is clearly a problem at QB, and I think unless Aaron Murray surpasses expectations by a lot, UGA will not compete for the SEC Title this year. However, your defense looked strong. Holding OK. St. to 24 points is dang good.

I already see some people setting Richt on the hot seat, and I have no doubt if UGA goes 8-4 or 7-5 this year that he will be a year away from getting fired if he doesn't produce, which I would LOVE, because it would be so ridiculous. UGA would be crazy to fire him, even if he went below .500 this year. You all will not find anyone better than him...He is a top shelf coach.

A whole heck of a lot would have to go downhill for me to even begin considering that the problem is Richt.

He is too soft though and he does need to make some changes in his assistants. There are parts of his personality as a coach that can be great tools, but also a liability in times where changes and tough decisions need to be made. He's a great coach and I agree that we won't find anyone better right now or any time too soon, but he needs to find some more of his backbone and do what's right for the whole team.

Yall lost on the road to a top 10 team...In a game that you were "in" pretty much until the end. This is not nearly as bad as most of you all are making it out to be. Yes, there is clearly a problem at QB, and I think unless Aaron Murray surpasses expectations by a lot, UGA will not compete for the SEC Title this year. However, your defense looked strong. Holding OK. St. to 24 points is dang good.

I already see some people setting Richt on the hot seat, and I have no doubt if UGA goes 8-4 or 7-5 this year that he will be a year away from getting fired if he doesn't produce, which I would LOVE, because it would be so ridiculous. UGA would be crazy to fire him, even if he went below .500 this year. You all will not find anyone better than him...He is a top shelf coach.

Good points. Yes, they would definitely be crazy to fire Coach Richt. He's done alot of good for that program. He has as many wins over Florida (2) as his 2 predecesors did in their combined 11 years, beats Auburn, Alabama, Georgia Tech and South Carolina regularly, has only lost two bowl games and had a 3 game winning streak over Tennessee. Jim Donnan led them to their first of four wins over UT in 2000. I know that they lost to Alabama and Georgia Tech last season, but it was his first loss to each of those teams.

If he has mediocre or bad record this season, they should allow him to clean house of his assistants and be given another couple of years to get things back on track. When a coach is on the hot seat, I think it's good to compare the state of the program to where it was at the time the previous coach was dismissed. Is Georgia football in better shape now than it was in 2000? Despite not living up to last year's preseason prediction and the bad offensive performance last week, I think it's in much better shape now than it was then.

Georgia fans are have gotten a bit spoiled under Coach Richt. It's kinda like UT fans did in the late 90's and had to deal with good seasons from 99-04, but not as good as the it was from 95-98. They had some really good teams, but unlike Tennessee, no National Championship.

I don't think anyone really wants the guy fired. I know I don't but something has got to change from a coaching standpoint. I think just about everyone can see that it's a stagnant situation and that there is very little cohesion let alone a comprehensive plan on how the team should be run and that ultimately falls on the head coach. So Richt is going to have to do something or those drumbeats are going to get louder and louder. People might think it's shortsighted but the higher ups are going to get tired of the status quo and are eventually going to find out if someone can do it better if nothing changes.

He's actually been on the hot seat for a year or so because he isn't winning the games the coaches before him couldn't win. After last year it is just getting a little hotter. If this season is more of the same he will at the very least get a ultimatum of some sort. Coaches at Georgia whether they are good guys or not must win certain games and consistently and he hasn't done that often enough I'm afraid.

I don't think anyone really wants the guy fired. I know I don't but something has got to change from a coaching standpoint. I think just about everyone can see that it's a stagnant situation and that there is very little cohesion let alone a comprehensive plan on how the team should be run and that ultimately falls on the head coach. So Richt is going to have to do something or those drumbeats are going to get louder and louder. People might think it's shortsighted but the higher ups are going to get tired of the status quo and are eventually going to find out if someone can do it better if nothing changes.

This

My key question is when the **** did football become a touch game? There should never be those type penalties that change the outcome of the game.... LET THE BOYS PLAY!

Hate to burst your bubble (okay, not really) but that didn't change the outcome of the game. Even without the penalty you lose 20-10...

Hate to burst your bubble (okay, not really) but that didn't change the outcome of the game. Even without the penalty you lose 20-10...

That was a key third down conversion at the end of the game... But it doesn't change the outcome? I understand your hatred for the Dawgs runs deep but that's just biased...

Your assuming their kicker makes a long field goal which he's capable of but it's no gimmie. It should have never come to that but that 15 yarder to put them at the 5 makes a **** of a difference when your looking at trying to make a comeback. Reminds me a lot of the Adam Jennings punt return against the Eagles last year. How would you side on that one?

That was a key third down conversion at the end of the game... But it doesn't change the outcome? I understand your hatred for the Dawgs runs deep but that's just biased...

yep. no one has any idea what would have happened next in that game.. it was a horrible call and after seeing the still shots of it, it makes the call that much worse. That had an effect on that game and it was crucial in securing that win.. without that it was 3rd and long and the field goal was not close to a sure thing either. I would have loved to see what happened if they got that call right..

Your assuming their kicker makes a long field goal which he's capable of but it's no gimmie. It should have never come to that but that 15 yarder to put them at the 5 makes a **** of a difference when your looking at trying to make a comeback. Reminds me a lot of the Adam Jennings punt return against the Eagles last year. How would you side on that one?

How about the spot they got on the 4th and short near the goal line?

At the end of the game? How about with over 9 minutes left, first of all. Second, it was a 2nd down not a 3rd down and you can't assume they wouldn't have picked up the first down on the next down or gotten more yardage to make it a chip shot field goal. Third, your offense didn't do anything the entire 2nd half.

Regardless of how I feel about UGA, trying to pin this loss on the officials is wrong...

Honestly, I thought the Jennings call was overblown. Yeah, it was a bad call but we had no success running and only limited success passing. I'm not certain we score the touchdown we needed to win it.

I can understand making a big deal out of a call if your offense is doing something but like I just said, you guys were shut down outside of the first drive and for you guys to go off on Bobo all this time and now try to put it on the officials is just a bit much IMO...

Honestly, I thought the Jennings call was overblown. Yeah, it was a bad call but we had no success running and only limited success passing. I'm not certain we score the touchdown we needed to win it.

I can understand making a big deal out of a call if your offense is doing something but like I just said, you guys were shut down outside of the first drive and for you guys to go off on Bobo all this time and now try to put it on the officials is just a bit much IMO...

Some have done that... not myself. The loss sits squarely on Bobo's and Cox's shoulders. Both failed to rise to the challenge and the reults speak for themselves. The calls and non calls by the refs were the icing on the cake.... and I'm not talking about the 4th down play. The runner there clearly spun off and got the first. How he did it I'll never know but he did. The Jones call though was bad especially when you compare it to the helmet to helmet hit that Chapas took that wasn't called. I think people are more upset about them calling a penalty on a good football play than anything else it just gets blurred when you pour in all the other emotions.

Some have done that... not myself. The loss sits squarely on Bobo's and Cox's shoulders. Both failed to rise to the challenge and the reults speak for themselves. The calls and non calls by the refs were the icing on the cake.... and I'm not talking about the 4th down play. The runner there clearly spun off and got the first. How he did it I'll never know but he did. The Jones call though was bad especially when you compare it to the helmet to helmet hit that Chapas took that wasn't called. I think people are more upset about them calling a penalty on a good football play than anything else it just gets blurred when you pour in all the other emotions.

That I definitely buy and yeah, I didn't like the call either. They called it the same exact way on the hit on Orson Charles with about 5 minutes to go and it was the same type of hit. Would it have made a difference? No one can really say. OSU might have gotten the 1st down on the next play anyways and made it a moot point.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the opportunities that the defense had to create turnovers and simply dropped sure INTs and the two bone-headed special teams plays by Branden Smith. I think those things hurt more than the bad call did in all honesty...

yep. no one has any idea what would have happened next in that game.. it was a horrible call and after seeing the still shots of it, it makes the call that much worse. That had an effect on that game and it was crucial in securing that win.. without that it was 3rd and long and the field goal was not close to a sure thing either. I would have loved to see what happened if they got that call right..

What pisses me off even more is that the ref is right there looking dead at it. Maybe he was shaken on how violent the hit was applied to the receiver.

I have no problem with CMR. It's the staff that is under him, mainly the OC and Special teams coach. Both have done p*** poor jobs and CMR is fine with that. If CMR was to get fired it would be b/c he elected not to take care of the problems holding UGA back from achieving better results. You have to look at football for UGA and most SEC teams. Football is their money maker for the entire year. When AD's start to see the product on the field decline or stand still with no improvement. They will look for someone else who can deliver. Yes CMR has had one of the better runs at UGA, but I feel his time here is about to end.

In the long run, I think UGA will end up being better served having opened up with a good team on the road than they would be if they had found a 1-AA patsy instead. They have a far better idea of what works and what needs work and it will help them going forward.

They have another tough game this weekend then another in Arkansas. By the time they get to Fayetteville, UGA will have a pretty good idea of who they are and what they have to do. Arkansas opens up with a pair of cupcakes and may find it a far different world when a salty UGA team steps on the field.

Occasionally you need to schedule tough games in tough environments to see where you really are as a program. Boise did it when they came to Athens in 2005. They took a beating but emerged far better for it as a program. UGA will be better for going to Stillwater.

I really don't see the need for people to say Richt's job is on the line. The only letdown is a 2-6 record against Florida. Georgia Tech was bound to beat us sooner or later... unless that becomes a trend too I'd say he's alright.

He does need to tighten up with his assistants and find a way to beat Florida more than 2 out of 8 times.

I think Richt is just loyal to a fault and he trusts in Bobo's ability, stubbornly, which is good at times but not after how many times Bobo has proven to be in over his head. We can do better than Mike Bobo and I don't know why Richt settles for him. We could do SO much better than Bobo.

In the long run, I think UGA will end up being better served having opened up with a good team on the road than they would be if they had found a 1-AA patsy instead. They have a far better idea of what works and what needs work and it will help them going forward.

They have another tough game this weekend then another in Arkansas. By the time they get to Fayetteville, UGA will have a pretty good idea of who they are and what they have to do. Arkansas opens up with a pair of cupcakes and may find it a far different world when a salty UGA team steps on the field.

Occasionally you need to schedule tough games in tough environments to see where you really are as a program. Boise did it when they came to Athens in 2005. They took a beating but emerged far better for it as a program. UGA will be better for going to Stillwater.

I do agree with that.