Peter Schrager predicts BAD things for the Falcons!

Guest Regular Guy

I agree this guy is a tool but our D so far has been horrendous. I just got back into town and watched our D against Baltimore's 2nd stringers and it was AWFUL. especially in the secondary... our CB's are getting lost and any time we blitz our guys rarely get close to the QB and thats against 2nd tier players. I am REALLY worried about this weekend and if we don't tighten up we could get stomped in the dome this weekend

So Joe Flacco, who didn't even put up good stats, will be a Pro Bowler? If you put him on the 2008 Falcons, he would have had a losing record. The defense carried that team and the stupidity of some of these "journalists" just pisses me off.

If Joe Flacco makes the Pro Bowl AND the Falcons miss the playoffs, I will eat my crow...but I just don't see that happening.

So Joe Flacco, who didn't even put up good stats, will be a Pro Bowler? If you put him on the 2008 Falcons, he would have had a losing record. The defense carried that team and the stupidity of some of these "journalists" just pisses me off.

If Joe Flacco makes the Pro Bowl AND the Falcons miss the playoffs, I will eat my crow...but I just don't see that happening.

Exactly. The defense is going to carry him again this year.

Let's not diss on Flacco. He did the one thing Stafford needs to do - not lose games. I thought he did a good job for a rook and he will improve year to year - combine that with his cannon arm and the Ravens probably have a future Ben R type - in time. But to compare him to Ryan is crazy - Ryan is very special.

Last year this guy wrote an article called "3 NFL Teams that Could Go 0-16".

The three teams were Atlanta, Miami, and KC.

Not only did he whiff badly on two out of three teams, he missed the one team that really was capable of going 0-16.

If you guys want, I can tell you what my 3 year old son thinks of the upcoming Falcons season. His opinion is equally important to that of Peter Schrager.

In one sentence, he says "the NFC South has never been stronger" and the next paragraph says the Bucs could go winless. Add Carolina's woes and this guy is a 2 bit reporter who does not do his work - he just writes his thoughtless, stupid opinion.

Yeah and how bout him talking about how difficult our schedule is while leaving off the fact that everyone else in the division will play the same schedule. Yeah we might lose to the patriots, but Caroline or NO aren't going to beat'em either.

Last year this guy wrote an article called "3 NFL Teams that Could Go 0-16".

The three teams were Atlanta, Miami, and KC.

Not only did he whiff badly on two out of three teams, he missed the one team that really was capable of going 0-16.

If you guys want, I can tell you what my 3 year old son thinks of the upcoming Falcons season. His opinion is equally important to that of Peter Schrager.

Your gonna hate me Peyton, BUT he does mention the 43 years without back-to-back winning seasons.. like i said, people wont believe we are real till we break that streak

Your gonna hate me Peyton, BUT he does mention the 43 years without back-to-back winning seasons.. like i said, people wont believe we are real till we break that streak

Hey man, I could care less what people believe. I just enjoy invalidating journalist opinions, and this guy's opinion is extremely easy to invalidate.

Well, he picked the Bears to be in the Super Bowl this year. :lol:

In all seriousness, he is right about our schedule and our defense is suspect. I believe that our team is better than it was last year, but our record could be worse. To make the playoffs, we must win the division. I don't think a wildcard will come out of the NFC South. While our schedule is brutal, it also brutal for the Saints and Panthers.

The key for us is ball control. The best defense for the Falcs is a ball control offense. The longer we keep the D off of the field, the better our chances will be, especially against teams with prolific passers.

I am really surprised that people say we had an easy schedule last year. I know we had some teams that weren't the best of teams at the time, but we did play a lot of play off caliber teams, and to the fact that we had the NFC south with two teams that were 9-2 at one point, thats hard enough. Also, when you look back at how many games the falcons had to win just to get into the playoffs, that speaks volumes of how hard the schedule was last year. Sure we didn't play the Steelers or Colts or who ever else, but we had to win games against really good teams to get through. Not only that, we also beat those teams with first year players across the board. 11-5 record is hard to come by and for people to finally start saying, Oh it was an easy schedule last year, is just a crock.