Can Ryan put the team on his Shoulders?

ChessPlayer1

The Falcons will face tough opponents both offensively and defensively. Tampa Bay's defense looked good this preseason.Miami brings a talented defense to the dome this weekend.The Pats,Carolina etc.

We will not be able to run on all of these teams.Will Ryan be able to win the game for us through the Air?Last year,we lost the games were M.Tuner struggled.Will we lose those games as well this year?

I would like to think that T.Gonzo and R.White can win us games.I'm not sure we can win through the air if we are in a shoot out.

I was AT the Chicago game last year. I'm a season ticket holder. Did you SEE the Denver game last year? How about the 1st Tampa game?

I just wonder if Ryan can do it on his own now.

yes i did see the denver game and i saw ryan putting us in a position to win the game, did you see the denver game?

and first tampa game? are you serious? it was his second start of his career. name a qb who has never had a bad game.

The Falcons will face tough opponents both offensively and defensively. Tampa Bay's defense looked good this preseason.Miami brings a talented defense to the dome this weekend.The Pats,Carolina etc.

We will not be able to run on all of these teams.Will Ryan be able to win the game for us through the Air?Last year,we lost the games were M.Tuner struggled.Will we lose those games as well this year?

I would like to think that T.Gonzo and R.White can win us games.I'm not sure we can win through the air if we are in a shoot out.

I look at it this way, our opponents face a very tough team in facing us. Matt Ryan put us in some good situations last year thru the air. With the addition of Gonzo, teams will have a much harder time concentrating on Turner. Guess we will find out come sunday!

Like all teams, every team, we will have a game, or games where we will not be able to run the ball. But not like last year. Last year, teams put 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. This will stop any running attack.

To do that now puts a team a peril - no linebacker or safety can cover Tony G one on one. And if the Safety comes down to help, Roddy and Jenks are 1 on 1 with a corner (the other safety came down to play the run, hence 8 / 9 in the box). And if that is not enough, the slot receiver will be across the middle - as Tony G said - pick your poison.

Like all teams, every team, we will have a game, or games where we will not be able to run the ball. But not like last year. Last year, teams put 8-9 in the box to stop Turner. This will stop any running attack.

To do that now puts a team a peril - no linebacker or safety can cover Tony G one on one. And if the Safety comes down to help, Roddy and Jenks are 1 on 1 with a corner (the other safety came down to play the run, hence 8 / 9 in the box). And if that is not enough, the slot receiver will be across the middle - as Tony G said - pick your poison.

You have some valid points. I hope that ryan and T.Gonzo have the chemistry to make teams pay when they stack the box

I have no doubt that Miami will try to stack the box early.Ryan must make them suffer when they make the choise to stack the box.

I look for Jenkins and Booker to have chances to make big plays this year. I only hope Matt can make the throws. Matt has put up some wounded ducks. I seen him throw a airball in the San Diego game. R.White broke up the INT.

I did watch the Denver game. Ryan threw a money pass at the end of the game that we would have gave us the win had there not been a little bit of pass interference and a drop by Roddy White.

The 2nd Tampa game? A hot Tampa Bay that had arguably the best pass defense in the league against a rookie on his 2nd start in his 2nd game of his NFL career?

Last year Ryan was amongst Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees in terms of 3rd and long performance. Combine that with what was multiple first time starters on the offensive line last year having a full offseason to gel, the addition of the best TE of all time, and Ryan heading into his 2nd year with a full offseason to rest and prepare... Yeah, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that we will be amongst the top tier teams in terms of the ability to throw the ball.

Will we put up gaudy numbers like Manning, Brees, or Brady? No, we a running team, but I have no doubt we will be able to get around 20-25 TDs and 3600 yards out of Ryan next year, and that's with a very high completion percentage and near league best YPA.

I did watch the Denver game. Ryan threw a money pass at the end of the game that we would have gave us the win had there not been a little bit of pass interference and a drop by Roddy White.

The 2nd Tampa game? A hot Tampa Bay that had arguably the best pass defense in the league against a rookie on his 2nd start in his 2nd game of his NFL career?

Last year Ryan was amongst Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees in terms of 3rd and long performance. Combine that with what was multiple first time starters on the offensive line last year having a full offseason to gel, the addition of the best TE of all time, and Ryan heading into his 2nd year with a full offseason to rest and prepare... Yeah, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that we will be amongst the top tier teams in terms of the ability to throw the ball.

Will we put up gaudy numbers like Manning, Brees, or Brady? No, we a running team, but I have no doubt we will be able to get around 20-25 TDs and 3600 yards out of Ryan next year, and that's with a very high completion percentage and near league best YPA.

You sir are a believe in 'the process'

Ryan and company will do there part.

The offense is dynamic enough to take what the defense gives us so we will continue to score on opponents.

The question is can our young defense get a stop or two at critical points of the game?

Can our special teams continue to keep our opponents starting deep in there own territory?

Will Weems and company create the type of field situations that HD did last season?

Bottom line, we need play makers in all phases of the game in order to be successful.