proof that the Falcons have more talent now than in the last few years

falconidae

The two draft picks they cut got signed [ or claimed] by other teams.

Middleton got signed by the Bucs and the panthers put a claim on Walker, Falcons got him cause they had a poorer record last year.

I think this is proof that TD drafts well.

That's not why the Falcons got him. The Panthers put in a claim for him but liked a couple of the other guys they claimed better, so they didn't have room for him.

Once a player has cleared waivers, they can sign with any practice squad they want. I think most of them choose to sign with the team that drafted them because they are already familiar with the coaches and system.

Good point. Everyone acts like TD is a failure and that every single draft pick should be a starter. That is not the case. Either depth at the position or a poor draft pick they had the balls to cut them and the players were good enough to be picked up by other teams.

LOL that is one of the wildest exaggerations in the history of this board. I think like a good 85% - 90% of the posters think that TD is a personnel god.

That's not why the Falcons got him. The Panthers put in a claim for him but liked a couple of the other guys they claimed better, so they didn't have room for him.

Once a player has cleared waivers, they can sign with any practice squad they want. I think most of them choose to sign with the team that drafted them because they are already familiar with the coaches and system.

I don't think Walker cleared waivers- both the Falcons and panthers put a claim on him.In which case, waiver rules apply, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Doesn't change the point that other teams wanted Falcon's discarded draft picks- that's a good sign for the long term health of the franchise.

The two draft picks they cut got signed [ or claimed] by other teams.

Middleton got signed by the Bucs and the panthers put a claim on Walker, Falcons got him cause they had a poorer record last year.

I think this is proof that TD drafts well.

The teams in our division signed those 2 guys. Probably to give them info about our schemes.

I don't think Walker cleared waivers- both the Falcons and panthers put a claim on him.In which case, waiver rules apply, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Doesn't change the point that other teams wanted Falcon's discarded draft picks- that's a good sign for the long term health of the franchise.

Yeah you don't get to put in a waiver claim on a player that you cut. If you want to sign him to the practice squad, he gets cut, all of the other teams get a chance to pick him up, then if they don't, he becomes a free agent. Then he signs with the practice squad.