Robert James over Winborn?

hawkeye

I can't explain the whole picture, but here is one part of it: I never saw either one of them do very much during the preseason. I don't remember any horrible plays, but I don't remember any good ones either. When I read the press release when we first picked up Winborn, I thought, "Wow, excellent, this guy will make an impact." But as far as I could tell, he didn't.

So still doesn't explain one over the other ... simply points out that neither one of them was exactly a game changer.

I can't explain the whole picture, but here is one part of it: I never saw either one of them do very much during the preseason. I don't remember any horrible plays, but I don't remember any good ones either. When I read the press release when we first picked up Winborn, I thought, "Wow, excellent, this guy will make an impact." But as far as I could tell, he didn't.

So still doesn't explain one over the other ... simply points out that neither one of them was exactly a game changer.

Winborn is not eligible for the PS.

Ok. I guess I can live with the fact that Winborn is not eligable for the PS, but as far as overall play James had nothing on Winborn.

James missed all kinds of tackles in the game against Detroit. Winborn had a good pre-season IMO.

I was surprised we kept Haynes over Winborn considering his coverage abilities...

We must be concerned about Norwood's durability.

I was surprised we kept Haynes over Winborn considering his coverage abilities...

It is probably not Norwood they are concerned about, it is just

injuries in general. Mughelli, Turner or Norwood could get dinged

and Haynes is versatile enough to fill in. He also can play special

teams, so with Coy Wire and 51 cross trained and Adkins showing

some promise Winborn was more expendable.

Probably not the reason...

Haynes can play gunner on spec teams, and would be a viable 3rd down pass protector/pass catcher like Snelling.

Difference is that Haynes is a good lead blocker too, and many laughed when I said he stands a good chance at making the roster based on that fact.

I don't agree with the release of Winborn, but nothing I can do. He had a very good preseason, picked off a pass against Detroit that got called back due to a pass interference on the other side of the field. Small mistake, I'd say. Won't kill us of course, but I liked him.

Same here. I always thought he was a good player on an otherwise-bad Broncos defense. Hopefully he'll sign up with another team - just not one we play this year. ^_^

I don't agree with the release of Winborn, but nothing I can do. He had a very good preseason, picked off a pass against Detroit that got called back due to a pass interference on the other side of the field. Small mistake, I'd say. Won't kill us of course, but I liked him.

My feelings on the subject ^^^^. They must not have thought they could sneak Adkins on the PS. Othewise I don't see why we didn't keep Winborn and send Adkins to the PS.