Is anybody else scared to death about our corners?

Mattyice22222

Grimes and houston in the back field, as much as i like them, im scared, i am freaked out, i love the falcons and have followed them ever isnce 99, i havent been here THAT long , but im gettin there :D. i really dont think our corners will do that great of a job, i mean we stuff them on 1st and 2nd down, and then 3rd and long then BAM qb hits wr all open. i hope some corner will make their presence felt wether it be tye hill or brian williams.

what are your thoughts?

Grimes and houston in the back field, as much as i like them, im scared, i am freaked out, i love the falcons and have followed them ever isnce 99, i havent been here THAT long , but im gettin there :D. i really dont think our corners will do that great of a job, i mean we stuff them on 1st and 2nd down, and then 3rd and long then BAM qb hits wr all open. i hope some corner will make their presence felt wether it be tye hill or brian williams.

what are your thoughts?

My thoughts, don't worry so much. Worrying will drive you crazy. Have a little faith. Houston and Grimes have been the subject of alot of our jokes, but I think they will be fine.

^^^ This.

Also, against Miami... not so much, Carolina... maybe a little, New England... hells yea!

No matter what, the Falcons aren't going to slow down NE in week 3. That is the kind of game where the Falcons are going to have to score nearly every time to win the game. And they might, NE's defense isn't all that anymore.

No matter what, the Falcons aren't going to slow down NE in week 3. That is the kind of game where the Falcons are going to have to score nearly every time to win the game. And they might, NE's defense isn't all that anymore.

Sounds like Matt Ryan has to play Peyton Manning role... Keep Scoring and don't worry about the scored board..

We went 4-2 with these CBs, but I have a feeling one of our CB acquisitions will be starting sooner rather than later. We did go 4-2, and our first two losses last year I think we more just do to lack of experience and growing pains. The only team I feel we have to fear early on is New England, and quite frankly that's a team that no team in the NFL can feel easy going against, and no CB in the NFL can shut down Randy Moss.

No, don't be concerned. I was bitterly concerned, but I have found that we are in good shape. Think before you respond to this. We have...

Houston - Fast and Lineman strong, needs to regain confidence.

Grimes - Quick and seriously athletic, needs to work on physical play

Williams - Heady veteran and solid tackler also plays FS, liability in deep coverage

Hill - Extremely fast and quick with ball skills, needs to regain confidence in his knees.

Jackson - Very aggressive and plays bigger than his size (known to have a LB personality), liabilty in man coverage.

Owens - Ball hawking speedster with CB type confidence, needs more experience.

In the end I believe our guys will be Hill and Owens.

Our secondary looks great. Moore just needs to heal and will be a game time decision. Decoud is still learning which is another reason for Williams, Coleman is firce and good in coverage, lead our team in INT's last year. Harris is solid and pretty fast.

We have a force and we are better on paper than most NFL secondaries.

No, don't be concerned. I was bitterly concerned, but I have found that we are in good shape. Think before you respond to this. We have...

Houston - Fast and Lineman strong, needs to regain confidence.

Grimes - Quick and seriously athletic, needs to work on physical play

Williams - Heady veteran and solid tackler also plays FS, liability in deep coverage

Hill - Extremely fast and quick with ball skills, needs to regain confidence in his knees.

Jackson - Very aggressive and plays bigger than his size (known to have a LB personality), liabilty in man coverage.

Owens - Ball hawking speedster with CB type confidence, needs more experience.

In the end I believe our guys will be Hill and Owens.

Our secondary looks great. Moore just needs to heal and will be a game time decision. Decoud is still learning which is another reason for Williams, Coleman is firce and good in coverage, lead our team in INT's last year. Harris is solid and pretty fast.

We have a force and we are better on paper than most NFL secondaries.

I agree with everything you said here its just that going in to week 1, Houston and Grimes are still going to be giving up alot of catches probably. I believe we will be fine in the secondary as the season progresses though. Miami isn't that great of a passing team anyway.