Falcons Won't Fizzle Again

Peyton

The Falcons never have posted consecutive winning seasons. It stands as arguably the most remarkable failure over the last 43 years in pro sports, and certainly in the NFL. But it ends here. The 11th winning season in franchise history in 2008 will be immediately followed by the 12th winning season in 2009.

and people think the record or history of this team doesnt matter? :lol:

The Falcons never have posted consecutive winning seasons. It stands as arguably the most remarkable failure over the last 43 years in pro sports, and certainly in the NFL. But it ends here. The 11th winning season in franchise history in 2008 will be immediately followed by the 12th winning season in 2009.

Just out of curiosity, and I am being serious here - why do you come here?

The 49ers were LOSERS until the 80s.

The Patriots were Losers until Bill Parcells. Then Losers again until this decade.

Just out of curiosity, and I am being serious here - why do you come here?

I just think its ridiculous that people act like this record isnt looming over opur heads like a black cloud. Until we have consecutive winning seasons, we will be considered a crap franchise.. im one of the few that goes to the games year in and year out so i can say what i want. This organization has always let me down.. I have a good feeling about whats happening now, but i also had this feeling in 04.

I just think its ridiculous that people act like this record isnt looming over opur heads like a black cloud. Until we have consecutive winning seasons, we will be considered a crap franchise.. im one of the few that goes to the games year in and year out so i can say what i want. This organization has always let me down.. I have a good feeling about whats happening now, but i also had this feeling in 04.

For every one positive thing you say, you find 10 negative things to say. Seems like a sad way to live, but so be it. Knock yourself out.

We are all aware that the Falcons have had more bad times than good times. Most of us choose to think the tide is turning, and there is much reason to feel that way. I am going to go into the season optimistic as I do every year. The only difference is this year I am confidently optimistic, where most years I am hopefully optimistic.

This is the beginiing of the glory days for the Atlanta Falcons.

We are all aware that the Falcons have had more bad times than good times. Most of us choose to think the tide is turning, and there is much reason to feel that way. I am going to go into the season optimistic as I do every year. The only difference is this year I am confidently optimistic, where most years I am hopefully optimistic.

This is the beginiing of the glory days for the Atlanta Falcons.

The only reason i bring this up is when these idiots here act like Miami is a crappy franchise..PLEEEEASE!!! they have 32 winning seasons in the same time the Falcons have 11. They WIN consistently and have for years and years.. I was jealous of Miami as a kid cause my dad lived in Miami and him and my Uncle would go to the games and they always won.. i stuck by my lowly Falcons and it wasnt easy...

The only reason i bring this up is when these idiots here act like Miami is a crappy franchise..PLEEEEASE!!! they have 32 winning seasons in the same time the Falcons have 11. They WIN consistently and have for years and years.. I was jealous of Miami as a kid cause my dad lived in Miami and him and my Uncle would go to the games and they always won.. i stuck by my lowly Falcons and it wasnt easy...

**** the fins

And two years ago they had 1 win.

Your history only matters as much as the current players make it matter.