Stafford to start week 1

bossFALCON™

Isnt he throwing to Calvin johnson???

I think he'll do just fine, he might even turn a few heads???

i'm kind of thinking the same thing bucman. he'll have pettigrew to help the line blocking and he'll also be able to dump a few passes off to him. he'll also have dennis northcutt and bryan johnson out there who are hardly world beaters but can be servicable....but as long as he can find #81 and find him often (which he should be able to)...he should be alright. i mean calvin was ripping up teams last year with orlovsky, and i'd take a rookie stafford over orlovsky.

still this is his first game and the lions suck and will lose....bad.

i'm kind of thinking the same thing bucman. he'll have pettigrew to help the line blocking and he'll also be able to dump a few passes off to him. he'll also have dennis northcutt and bryan johnson out there who are hardly world beaters but can be servicable....but as long as he can find #81 and find him often (which he should be able to)...he should be alright. i mean calvin was ripping up teams last year with orlovsky, and i'd take a rookie stafford over orlovsky.

still this is his first game and the lions suck and will lose....bad.

Exactly, I have confidence in Staffords abilitys. He's no Harrington or Carr, you can tell. Plus calvin is a freak of nature, he'll be the AP of the WR world soooon.

Do y'all REALLY think the Lions O-line has improved that much? I really don't see Stafford having the kinda time he's going to need to actually find CJ open downfield. Especially with Gregg Williams' penchant for blitzing. Even though the Saints pass rush and secdondary ARE still suspect, I expect that GW will unleash some pretty intense blitzes and rock Stafford's confidence early on.

He'll be lucky to last the entire game without pulling a Harringtom, and ending up on the ground in the fetal position before the rush actually gets to him.

His baptism to big-boy football is going to leave a lasting impression ....

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
THE SAINTS MAY BE IN FOR A LITTLE MORE

FIGHT FROM DETROIT THAN THEY EXPECT. <_<

I tend to agree. I still think they'll stomp the Lions but not without a fight from Stafford & Johnson.

Stafford 229 yards 2 TDs 2 Ints

Both TDs to Johnson who has over 120 yards receiving.

I don't know fellas. If Grant and Smith both have to serve their suspensions at the start of the year the Lions o-line might, just might be able to keep Stafford upright long enough to make a difference in this game. Especially if the Lions can get a ground game going. Plus they're under a lot of pressure to win the first game of the year because of last year.

I got a feeling this one might be a lot closer than most people think and week 1 is usually where a lot of upsets happen. <_<

I don't know fellas. If Grant and Smith both have to serve their suspensions at the start of the year the Lions o-line might, just might be able to keep Stafford upright long enough to make a difference in this game. Especially if the Lions can get a ground game going. Plus they're under a lot of pressure to win the first game of the year because of last year.

I got a feeling this one might be a lot closer than most people think and week 1 is usually where a lot of upsets happen. <_<

It doesn't look like Grant and Smith will have to serve their suspensions in Week 1, maybe even ever. If they do, there is a very good chance they will be serving them back to back. Either way, I think if they WERE suspended for this game, I think the DL would cause more pressure because Anthony Hargrove and Bobby McCray are better pass rushers than Will Smith and Charles Grant are. Bobby McCray is far and away the best pass rushing DE the Saints have. What makes Smith and Grant good DE's, is that they can do it ALL.

Also, in terms of the game being close, I can definetly see that happening. There's very little tape on the Lions, and even some of their guys. Look at the LSU and Washington game on Saturday night.

It doesn't look like Grant and Smith will have to serve their suspensions in Week 1, maybe even ever. If they do, there is a very good chance they will be serving them back to back. Either way, I think if they WERE suspended for this game, I think the DL would cause more pressure because Anthony Hargrove and Bobby McCray are better pass rushers than Will Smith and Charles Grant are. Bobby McCray is far and away the best pass rushing DE the Saints have. What makes Smith and Grant good DE's, is that they can do it ALL.

Also, in terms of the game being close, I can definetly see that happening. There's very little tape on the Lions, and even some of their guys. Look at the LSU and Washington game on Saturday night.

Well if that's the case then the game might not be that much in doubt. Love your sig by the way.

I'd like to see Stafford and the Lions keep the game close. You know? To show that their off-season newcomers are making an impact. Give Detroit something good to rally around :lol:. He'll probably have around 125 yards, 1 TD 3 Int in his debut as the Lions get slaughtered though.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Last season Johnson only caught 4 balls for 64 yards against us.

And who was his quarterback? Elmo Dipthong?

And who was his quarterback? Elmo Dipthong?

The same guy who threw to him when he went for 88 yards per game on 5 catches. The bad part is one of those 7 games he only had 2 catches for 16 yards, the others he went for 100 yards with 6 catches per. So I'd say lookin at those numbers, we did a pretty good job on him, even with Elmo Dipthong throwing to him.