positioning of secondary

metatron360

Now that our secondary is complete who is gonna fit where. I think it makes since ty hill will play LCB, houston and chevis will split play at RCB , and williams at nickel. i don't see williams at safety starting. i think coleman ,decoud and moore will play good there.ty hill is a player who is injury prone so he may split some time with chevis or grimes. I think we would do best by matching up corners vs. opponents if we do, grimes is fine. unless a guy is towering over him. so in the end i wonder wich corner will see the most playing time? we have so much potential now.

I like the idea of choosing a corner based on the opposition. Sort of a rotational approach. Grimes might go against all but the biggest and tallest receivers, in which case Williams gets the call (or something like that). Hill when we're doing man, Houston sometimes when we're doing zone. That kind of thing. Seems like nice flexibility.

game planing and keeping our young guys on the feild so they gain experience is important to me but think of the change up on corner. kinda like a RB change up. it really will force the qb to re-evaluate each play diferently because of corner ability. we can also cut out teams targeting a specific corners weakness. this will cause qb to re-evaluate every change and no doubt the receiver leading to more turn overs. i think our young guys will win out in the end unless hill has a an amazing season.

Against Miami this week it wont surprise me to see:

LCB - Williams (when Smitty said "he's familiar with the system" that seemed like a big hint)

RCB - Houston (until Hill is ready and knows the scheme then Hill from then on)

NCB - Jackson/Owens

SS - Coleman (Til Moore is healthy)

FS - Decoud (Til Coleman switches back)