Something about Brian Williams that I haven't heard mentioned

Pa_Falcon_Fan

Our biggest issue in the secondary is youth and inexperience at CB and Safety.. Brian Williams bring veteran savvy and experience in a Mike Smith defense at BOTH CB and S. Whether he is a starter or not, his veteran leadership might be exactly what we need to help our young guys grasp what they need to do in order to be successful in our defensive scheme.

I think signing Williams, and plucking away Tye Hill for a bag of chips is great stuff! Hill is going to take some time to get ready to play for us (he has to learn the D) but I can see him having at least the same impact (if not more so) than Foxworth had for us last year once he gets on the field.

Just look at the secondary at the beginning of the preseason vs. the beginning of the season. Rarely do you see as dramatic of an improvement as you have seen this time. It will take a few weeks to show fruit of that, but until then, solid gameplanning will cover some of the holes in the defense. You don't have to look any further back than last year to see that.

Just look at the secondary at the beginning of the preseason vs. the beginning of the season. Rarely do you see as dramatic of an improvement as you have seen this time. It will take a few weeks to show fruit of that, but until then, solid gameplanning will cover some of the holes in the defense. You don't have to look any further back than last year to see that.

Which is why people are going to have to show at least a LITTLE patience. Williams can step in right away but Hill is going to take a little bit to get ready.

Our biggest issue in the secondary is youth and inexperience at CB and Safety.. Brian Williams bring veteran savvy and experience in a Mike Smith defense at BOTH CB and S. Whether he is a starter or not, his veteran leadership might be exactly what we need to help our young guys grasp what they need to do in order to be successful in our defensive scheme.

I think signing Williams, and plucking away Tye Hill for a bag of chips is great stuff! Hill is going to take some time to get ready to play for us (he has to learn the D) but I can see him having at least the same impact (if not more so) than Foxworth had for us last year once he gets on the field.

Hear hear.

Foxworth wanted too much. He was good, but he wanted more than he was worth. <Baltimore signed Domonique Foxworth to a four-year, $28 million contract that has $16.5 in guaranteed money.> Plus, if we re-signed him, it would have turned a seventh into a sixth.

<Broncos Trade Domonique Foxworth to Falcons for Seventh-Round Draft Pick

Posted Sep 02, 2008 10:00AM By Michael David Smith (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Broncos, Atlanta Falcons

The Denver Broncos told cornerback Domonique Foxworth that they were going to trade him yesterday, and today the trade has been made.

CBS 4 in Denver reports (via PFT) that the Broncos will receive a seventh round draft pick for Foxworth, which can turn into a sixth-round pick if he signs a contract extension with the Falcons before the 2009 NFL draft. That's not a great return for a guy who was a solid player and a 2005 third-round pick, but considering that he wasn't slated to start this year and probably wouldn't have been re-signed after the year, it's not a bad trade for the Broncos.

For the Falcons, Foxworth will have a good chance of earning a spot in the starting lineup, once he's learned the defense. Their depth chart currently lists Chris Houston and Brent Grimes as the starters at cornerback, and Foxworth represents an upgrade. Not a bad use of a late-round pick for Atlanta.>

Does any of this sound familiar to anybody???

We are in good hands.

I hope you are right.

Hear hear.

Foxworth wanted too much. He was good, but he wanted more than he was worth. <Baltimore signed Domonique Foxworth to a four-year, $28 million contract that has $16.5 in guaranteed money.> Plus, if we re-signed him, it would have turned a seventh into a sixth.

<Broncos Trade Domonique Foxworth to Falcons for Seventh-Round Draft Pick

Posted Sep 02, 2008 10:00AM By Michael David Smith (RSS feed)

Filed Under: Broncos, Atlanta Falcons

The Denver Broncos told cornerback Domonique Foxworth that they were going to trade him yesterday, and today the trade has been made.

CBS 4 in Denver reports (via PFT) that the Broncos will receive a seventh round draft pick for Foxworth, which can turn into a sixth-round pick if he signs a contract extension with the Falcons before the 2009 NFL draft. That's not a great return for a guy who was a solid player and a 2005 third-round pick, but considering that he wasn't slated to start this year and probably wouldn't have been re-signed after the year, it's not a bad trade for the Broncos.

For the Falcons, Foxworth will have a good chance of earning a spot in the starting lineup, once he's learned the defense. Their depth chart currently lists Chris Houston and Brent Grimes as the starters at cornerback, and Foxworth represents an upgrade. Not a bad use of a late-round pick for Atlanta.>

Does any of this sound familiar to anybody???

We are in good hands.

Foxworth also really wanted to play for his "home town team" in the Ravens, which meant we would have had to pay him quite a bit more than them to change his mind. I think the Ravens overpaid for him as it is, so I wouldn't have wanted to see us pay even more than that to keep him.

I think we will be fine with Williams and Hill being added. Hill has 1st round talent and has only been held back by some weird/freak injuries (a cracked bone in his back and a cyst under his knee that wasn't found until he had already been out with some torn cartilage)... Nothing that should reoccur Even the Rams fans who were complaining about him said he was good when he was on the field.

Williams brings some much MUCH needed veteran experience to an extremely young secondary. And, like I said before, he brings that experience at BOTH CB and S in our Head Coaches defensive system.

I like what we've done although the benefits (especially with Hill) may not be apparent week 1. I think as the season goes on we will see just how good these moves really turn out to be.