Per Adam Shefter Falcons Arent Done Finding Help In Secondary!

Are we really trying to get someone else?? TY HILL,BRIAN WILLIAMS who else is out there that we could look at? Is Williams going to play Safety for us or Cornerback? If Safety then dont we need another Vet CB- If CB then dont we need another Safety?

FREE AGENTS WE COULD LOOK AT

CB-Chris Mccallister(Why hasnt anyone picked this guy up yet?)

OT- Jaguars released an offensive lineman look for Smitty to go after him!

SAFETY- Tank Williams?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really trying to get someone else?? TY HILL,BRIAN WILLIAMS who else is out there that we could look at? Is Williams going to play Safety for us or Cornerback? If Safety then dont we need another Vet CB- If CB then dont we need another Safety?

SAFETY- Tank Williams?

An OT playing in the secondary?? I guess it could work. :huh:

SAFETY- Tank Williams?

Brian Williams is a CB. He played Safety in a pinch for the Jags, he is not a safety.

Brian Williams is a CB. He played Safety in a pinch for the Jags, he is not a safety.

The Jags tried to convert him to saftety but it did not work. He plays all 3 positions but is best suited for nickel due to lack of speed.

Jagman did a great write up on how the Jags used him.

Hey Falcon Fans,

I am a diehard ultimate Jaguar fan and when our former player's get cut or leave as FAs and sign elsewhere I like to give a heads up or talk to their new team's fans.

Here's the story and my take on Brian Williams....

If you go on the Jaguars.com Message Board you'll find that many if not all fans are pretty happy to see "B-Dub" gone. And I'm actually one of them.

Brian had a great 2007 for us and one could make the argument that he even outplayed Pro Bowler Rashean Mathis (mainly because Rashean was injured most of the year) then we signed Drayton Florence leading into last year and had Brian Williams in a new role. We wanted Brian to start at SS and then be our nickel CB in nickel packages. And he did those for us in the first 6 games of the season up until our bye week when we finally benched FA bust Drayton Florence and put Brian back in as the starter opposite of Rashean, but Brian really played well in the SS/NB role we had for him. As the season wore on it became more and more apparent that Brian was begining to decline. He was never the fastest CB but it got to the point where he began to be targetted over and over by opposing QBs last season and B-Dub struggled most in man to man coverage when he had to run with WRs deep. So in the draft we addressed the CB need by adding Derek Cox in the 3rd round who outplayed Brian Williams in every aspect this off-season. The saddest thing I saw from Brian was vs. Miami in the 1st pre-season game where he was targetted pass play after pass play by Chad Pennington where he got a 30 yard PI, a facemask penalty, and gave up 7 catches in only 3 series. At that point the thoughts of him not being here Week 1 began to become more realistic. Brian's roster spot was alos not helped by the emergence of Derek Cox, the out of nowhere play of waiver wire pick-up Tyron Brackenridge, the steady play of Scott Starks, and the upside of Brian Witherspoon and his 4 Million dollar salary or his 30 year old age. Also this spring Jack Del Rio made it clear we would not go back to playing Brian Williams at SS saying "that experiment is over". Which is a shame because I thought he played MUCH better as a SS/NB than he did as a starting CB.

All in all he's a solid player who will play well in Cover 2 and could be a good fit as a Nickel CB, I think his tackling is overrated but he's not horrible but he is an overrated hitter and tackler and not a jab in any way but from what I've heard your CB situation isn't settled so I think he can definitly help as a role player. But if he has to start vs. New Orleans and Drew Brees I'd be very very concerned.

Hope I didn't bore you haha, but I hope you guys have a GREAT season, I really rooted for you guys all last season because of Mike Smith and the former Jags coaches on staff and guys like Tony Gilbert, Jamaal Fudge, Grady Jackson (last year), and now having B-Dub and Mike Pete. If you want a long scouting report on Mike Pete I can do that too haha

Best of luck to you guys this year!

BTW - I LOVE Matt Ryan as all of you do!

Go Jags! and good luck Falcons :)

Thank you. If there is another move I bet it's at safety. Besides Coleman we have nothing. A rook, a second year rook, a special teamer and a cornerback.

And for the guy that says McAllister is a bust, you are a bust. Probably a Busterson supporter.

"Thank you. If there is another move I bet it's at safety. Besides Coleman we have nothing. A rook, a second year rook, a special teamer and a cornerback."

yea and our rookie safety is bob sanders 2.0, hes really good, but cant ever play

If he was at 100% I bet he would get totally schooled by the QBs, TEs, RBs and WRs we face this year. Trust me. Kinda like Owens is taking lessons against preseason QBs. Many said Owens would start. He is totally lost.

If he was at 100% I bet he would get totally schooled by the QBs, TEs, RBs and WRs we face this year. Trust me. Kinda like Owens is taking lessons against preseason QBs. Many said Owens would start. He is totally lost.

So is talking trash about all of our defensive players all you do?

Crisp Houston

Jamaal Busterson

Bent Grimes

Now your going after a ROOKIE SS and CB, and a second year FS. Try supporting our team instead of bitching about what we have.

So is talking trash about all of our defensive players all you do?

Crisp Houston

Jamaal Busterson

Bent Bernt (fixed) Grimes

Now your going after a ROOKIE SS and CB, and a second year FS. Try supporting our team instead of bitching about what we have.

No I talk trash about perpetrators that wear Falcon uniforms. From 1970-2009. That will never change. Trust me.