Opening Day

whitekb011

For all the 20+ Year Falcon Fans:

Living in Virginia Beach, I can only see the games on DirectTV (just upgraded to SuperFan to go along with my 73" 1080P -- Unbelievable) now and have been a Falcons Fan since 1980. The only consistent thing about this organization was it's inconsistency until Arthur Blank purchased the Franchise. Since then, we have had stability in ownership that cares about the Fan base. We toughed it out during the days of Leman Bennett, Dan Henning, Marion Campbell, Jerry Glanville, June Jones, Dan Reeves, and Jim Mora,. In that time, we have never had back-to-back winning seasons.

Rise a new era, Mike Smith, Thomas Dimitrioff, Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, John Abraham, and a host of young talent. We have talent, we have experienced coaches, we have a team built to win for the long haul. In my 29 years as a Falcons Fan, I have never experienced the anxiousness and excitement I have today, right now, for Opening Day. I know our schedule is very difficult, but this team is solid. We have our challenges ahead, no doubt, but as a long time Falcons Fan, has your confidence and trust ever been this high on this organization?

So to all my fellow Falcons Fans, Week 1 is here, may the Falcons destroy Miami and give the city of Atlanta and the fans something to be proud of.

Living in Virginia Beach, I can only see the games on DirectTV (just upgraded to SuperFan to go along with my 73" 1080P -- Unbelievable) now and have been a Falcons Fan since 1980. The only consistent thing about this organization was it's inconsistency until Arthur Blank purchased the Franchise. Since then, we have had stability in ownership that cares about the Fan base. We toughed it out during the days of Leman Bennett, Dan Henning, Marion Campbell, Jerry Glanville, June Jones, Dan Reeves, and Jim Mora,. In that time, we have never had back-to-back winning seasons.

Rise a new era, Mike Smith, Thomas Dimitrioff, Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, John Abraham, and a host of young talent. We have talent, we have experienced coaches, we have a team built to win for the long haul. In my 29 years as a Falcons Fan, I have never experienced the anxiousness and excitement I have today, right now, for Opening Day. I know our schedule is very difficult, but this team is solid. We have our challenges ahead, no doubt, but as a long time Falcons Fan, has your confidence and trust ever been this high on this organization?

So to all my fellow Falcons Fans, Week 1 is here, may the Falcons destroy Miami and give the city of Atlanta and the fans something to be proud of.

There's been a few , but I believe this is the best one .

As a Falcon fan for over 20+ years, I am definitely anxious and excited about the direction we are headed and looking forward to opening day. We no doubt have challenges ahead, but like you said my trust and confidence has never been higher. I am confident we will finally have back to back winning seasons.(and hopefully alot more)

Menu for week one- SAUTEED DOLPHIN, and BIG TUNA CASSEROLE

As a Falcon fan for over 20+ years, I am definitely anxious and excited about the direction we are headed and looking forward to opening day. We no doubt have challenges ahead, but like you said my trust and confidence has never been higher. I am confident we will finally have back to back winning seasons.(and hopefully alot more)

Menu for week one- SAUTEED DOLPHIN, and BIG TUNA CASSEROLE

Right there with you.

Well let's wait and see if we win it first. For my money, the best opening day in Falcons history was Glanville's first game as coach, "Back in Black", and a 47-27 thrashing of the Oilers, who had just fired Glanville. The Falcons stormed to a 21-0 lead in the first quarter behind the energy the most raucous crowd in Atlanta history, and Deion capped the win with an 80 yard INT TD at the end.

To be honest, I'm just thankful that our opener is at home, for the first time in three years.

The future looks bright, if we can get these youngsters to gel as a defense.

I thought we opened up against Detroit at home last year....?!

Either way, I honestly think I had more anticipation for the 2005 opener. Especially coming off a playoff win, and being paired with the Eagles for our first game in week one.