The OFFICIAL week 1 NFC south prediction thread

bossFALCON™

it's football season again and the weekly prediction threads are back. make your prediction for this week's week 1 NFC south games. most of the posters should know how it works seeing as we had these last year.

Falcons over 'Phins

Eagles over Panthers

Saints over Lions

'Boys over Bucs

make your predictions!

falcons_turner_turns_loose_400.jpg

sp_niners104.jpg

A38165CAAF6841F5AF179987A2C0D8B3.ashx

113619_feature.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's football season again and the weekly prediction threads are back. make your prediction for this week's week 1 NFC south games. most of the posters should know how it works seeing as we had these last year.

Falcons over 'Phins

Eagles over Panthers

Saints over Lions

'Boys over Bucs

make your predictions!

BOSS, HERE WE GO:

ATLANTA DROWNS THE FISH (mammal or whatever)

CAROLINA AND PHILLY ... A TOSS UP. (But I'll lean towards the Panthers)

SAINTS EASILY SMASH DETROIT

THE BUC's SHOCK (The new stadium) OF DALLAS

NFC SOUTH ...... out of the gate early.

Falcons 31- Dolphins 17

Battle of the two overachieving teams of last season. Were they for real? This isn't a good time to judge, Falcons may not be the team some think they are, but they are clearly more talented than Miami. Phins can't stop the solid run and pass of the Falcons offense. Falcons D also slows down Miami's O.

Panthers 24- Eagles 21

Panthers barely run past Eagles. Panthers work on a depleted Philly team, on the ground. Philly struggles on the ground and are inconsistent through the air.

Saints 38- Lions 10

Saints run and pass all over the terrible Detroit team. Drew Brees throws for 3 scores, Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas each get in on the ground. Saints defense gets after Stafford and forces many mistakes.

Tampa 13 Dallas 20

Relatively unexciting game. Tampa can't move the ball on offense, but have a solid showing on defense.

After Week 1:

Saints

Falcons

Panthers

Bucs

Panthers over the Eagles. I think the Eagles will be rustier than the Panthers.

Saints over the Lions. I know the Lions are rebuilding and anything can happen, but, I don't see anyway the Saints can lose this one. Unless they get hit with an injury bug during the game.

Dolphins over Falcons. This one , I believe It could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons win but I just think the Dolphins are going to throw out every trick play they have. I believe this game will be the game future opposing defenses study to figure out what the Dolphins offense is about and how to stop them.

Bucs over Cowboys. I think the Cowboys are going to come out expecting the Bucs defense that ended the season last year and probably get the Bucs defense that started the season instead.

Bucs over Cowboys. I think the Cowboys are going to come out expecting the Bucs defense that ended the season last year and probably get the Bucs defense that started the season instead.

IN THIS GAME, DALLAS IS GOING TO COME OUT THERE THINKING THEY ARE

ENTITLED TO WIN, JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE DALLAS .... AND THEY GOT A

NEW STADIUM. BUT THE GAME WILL BE CLOSE. AND WE KNOW WHAT ROMO

DOES IN CLOSE GAMES.

Dallas loses this one, and Jerry Jones won't like it either. :D

you better hope falcons dont lose 08champs, because if we do we will destroy you in week 2 alot worse that what we already are gonna do to you...

Mia @ Atlanta

Falcons have to much O, at home, vs a suspect D, i just dont see Mia shutting down M Turner , altho i like a closer game than some of you have...

Falcons 24 Dolphins 16

Det @ NO

nuff said

Saints 38 Lions 10

Philly @ Car

well this will be a close game, Eagles do not do the 1 thing Panthers have trouble stopping, Pounding the Run, they have a pass happy offense and westbrook is not 100%, taking all that into account

Panthers 20 Eagles 17

Dal @ TB

alottttttttt going on in TB these days,and its not Dec or Jan for Cowboys

Cowboys 28 Bucs 3

DOES IN CLOSE GAMES.

:lol: I keep waiting for their arrogance to fade a little. You'd think after almost 14 years without a playoff win, they'd calm down a little bit and stop thinking they're by far the best team in the league year in and year out.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

DOES IN CLOSE GAMES.

But it's being played in RAYJAY! This could easily be one of the games where we surprise people.

Will we win? Improbable but nowhere near impossible!

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

BUCS 24 Cowgirls 21 Ted Nugent pulls outta little CAT SCRATCH FEVER in the final seconds

Falcons 28 Dolphins 24

Panthers 21 Eagles 31

Saints 42 Lions 14

you better hope falcons dont lose 08champs, because if we do we will destroy you in week 2 alot worse that what we already are gonna do to you...

Mia @ Atlanta

Falcons have to much O, at home, vs a suspect D, i just dont see Mia shutting down M Turner , altho i like a closer game than some of you have...

Falcons 24 Dolphins 16

Det @ NO

nuff said

Saints 38 Lions 10

Philly @ Car

well this will be a close game, Eagles do not do the 1 thing Panthers have trouble stopping, Pounding the Run, they have a pass happy offense and westbrook is not 100%, taking all that into account

Panthers 20 Eagles 17

Dal @ TB

alottttttttt going on in TB these days,and its not Dec or Jan for Cowboys

Cowboys 28 Bucs 3

Dude, your the only person that cares about Week 2. Everybody else is just hoping to make it through Week 1 right now. You'd never make a good athlete.

Fins over the Falcons... Reality check, should bounce back after week 1 though.

Panthers over the eagles... this could easily go either way, I'll just give the defending South champs the benefit of the doubt... at-least for week one.

Saints over the Lions... although this could be a surprise win for the Lions???

Buc over the Dallas... I can give you a million reasons why we will lose... and thats why we will win!!!!

Falcs 33 Fins 30

Falcons defense blows...and gets chewed up a little bit on the ground.

Eagles 24 Carolina 21

McNabb's superior QB play evelates the Iggles, but Carolina's run game keeps it close.

Saints 31 Detroit 6

Reginald feigns/leave with 'injury'...Shockster has a good game, but celebrates that evening a little too hard, and wakes up on the floor of a dive bar in Shreveport...but Pierre Thomas, Brees, and Colston all click and the newly retooled Saints D embarasses Culpepper/Stafford.

Dallas 13 Tampa 7

Romo gets abused, and the Dallas O doesnt get much done...but unfortunately its just enough to beat the flagging Tampa offense.

But it's being played in RAYJAY! This could easily be one of the games where we surprise people.

Will we win? Improbable but nowhere near impossible!

THE BUC's NEED TO HAMMER THESE GUYS.

BEING AT HOME IS EVEN MORE REASON TO

WHACK'EM. DALLAS DESERVES A WHACK'EN.

JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE DALLAS ... Can't stand'em.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Buc over the Dallas... I can give you a million reasons why we will lose... and thats why we will win!!!!

I'm leaning the same way!

You going to the game?

Falcs 33 Fins 30

Falcons defense blows...and gets chewed up a little bit on the ground.

Eagles 24 Carolina 21

McNabb's superior QB play evelates the Iggles, but Carolina's run game keeps it close.

Saints 31 Detroit 6

Reginald feigns/leave with 'injury'...Shockster has a good game, but celebrates that evening a little too hard, and wakes up on the floor of a dive bar in Shreveport...but Pierre Thomas, Brees, and Colston all click and the newly retooled Saints D embarasses Culpepper/Stafford.

Dallas 13 Tampa 7

Romo gets abused, and the Dallas O doesnt get much done...but unfortunately its just enough to beat the flagging Tampa offense.

:lol: