Falcons sign CB Brian Williams

bossFALCON™

Falcons signed CB Brian Williams to a one-year contract.

Rotoworld predicted this on Saturday (yeah, we're pretty good). The fit made too much sense, as Williams knows coach Mike Smith's system very well. ESPN's Chris Mortensen says Williams will immediately step in at nickel back, but we wouldn't be surprised if he passes left cornerback Brent Grimes early in the year. Grimes is a proven liability in coverage.

i like the move. he sucked in williams system but played pretty good under smitty.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given this photo mantage:

http://www.daylife.com/topic/Brian_William...r)/photos/all/1

He kinda reminds me of that Jason David feller.

If you got any Saints receivers on y'alls' fantasy teams, be sure and start 'em when they play the Falcons.

and likewise if you have any falcon WRs when we play the saints, seeing as our WRs have lit yall up pretty good the last two years or so.

and i'm pretty sure i can find pics of any CB giving up plays. **** just the other day i had an avi of gonzo catching one on aso.

Yeah, but the Saints CUT their Chasin' David, the Falcons just signed theirs. ;)

And let's face it .... EVERY-freaking-body lit up that Saints secondary last year. That doesn't make Matty and Roddy special.

williams isn't jason david even though that's what you keep trying to imply.

and i never said it did. it didn't make chris redman or byron leftwich special either when they did it.

Wow, you're awful sensitive.

Hey, that link was posted up in TATF. When I clicked on it, the pics reminded me of those I'd seen of receivers from all over the NFL burning David, and him trying to run them down.

And it struck me as funny that Falcons fans seem to think he's an upgrade. Most Saints fans thought that David was an upgrade when they got him.

Yeah, but the Saints CUT their Chasin' David, the Falcons just signed theirs. ;)

And let's face it .... EVERY-freaking-body lit up that Saints secondary last year. That doesn't make Matty and Roddy special.

YOU'RE A NEWBIE, AND I KNOW ....... "You Can't Help Yourself."

Somebody help this guy.

Wow, you're awful sensitive.

Hey, that link was posted up in TATF. When I clicked on it, the pics reminded me of those I'd seen of receivers from all over the NFL burning David, and him trying to run them down.

And it struck me as funny that Falcons fans seem to think he's an upgrade. Most Saints fans thought that David was an upgrade when they got him.

Look at what they had before, and you'll tell why he's a upgrade. Though I don't know how big of a deal that is. He wasn't a top 50 corner last season.

hes a 78 in madden k thanks

:o

Then how did he get "a 78 in madden"?

Sorry, boss, but while he may be an upgrade for your Falcons, he doesn't look like someone to get overly excited about.

never said he was, but we have options on the bench now just in case grimes and houston keep playing like ****. that's why i think most fans are excited. i don't think we expect hill or williams to be pro bowlers or anything for us, but we'd like to think that out of hill, williams, houston and grimes at least 2 of them paired up could give us decent corner play.

maybe i'm just speaking for myself though.

It's comforting to know that you can see the bright side to this situation. That's 2 cornerbacks signed in as many weeks, without a significant injury to prompt it. If Payton, Williams, and Loomis all had as little faith in our secondary after spending all offseason trying to shore it up I'd be tying a belt up in my closet as we speak.

Abe is the only thing keeping teams from just letting it fly all day, and he's just one guy. You have some seriously potent passing games headed your way, too. Then again, i guess you're counting on Turner just keeping them off the field all season? Good luck!

because he wasn't a fulltime corner for them last year nola....

THESE GUYS ARE WORRIED ABOUT WHOMEVER WE GET.

IF THEY WEREN'T ....... THEY WOULDN'T JUMP RIGHT IN SO

FAST, AND TRY TO SPREAD THE NEGATIVES AROUND.

WHEN THEY GET SOMEBODY, THAT DON'T WORRY ME .......

I don't have to say one thing ...... cause I ain't worried. B)

THESE GUYS ARE WORRIED ABOUT WHOMEVER WE GET.

IF THEY WEREN'T ....... THEY WOULDN'T JUMP RIGHT IN SO

FAST, AND TRY TO SPREAD THE NEGATIVES AROUND.

WHEN THEY GET SOMEBODY, THAT DON'T WORRY ME .......

I don't have to say one thing ...... cause I ain't worried. B)

That might possibly be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.