How soon can we expect our 2 new corners to be starting?

Robb4242

I think they both will, and very soon. Brian Williams probably has an advantage over Tye Hill in starting sooner, possibly as early as week 1 because of his past history with Smitty. But, BVG is the DC and we are not running things exactly the same as Coach Smith did in Jax. Even so, should be a very small learning curve for Williams. Hill may take a little longer, but I would hope by week 3 we'll have starting CB's of Tye Hill & Brian Williams, if not then week 5 after the bye at the latest.

If both of our new corners are starting opposite of each other by the end of the year and they are doing good. I would say that is the best 7th round trade ever. Because that's all it cost to get both since one was a FA.

Really hope they are starting much sooner than that, and playing well, but you're right about it being a great 7th round trade (if that's what it actually was, no official word that I've heard on what the actual pick was).

Yeah robb the NB stuff is crazy. He might be for a week or 2 to get the system down more but he is far from a NB. He is a Starting CB and a pretty good one at that. If they guy had a bit more speed i would say he could be a elite CB. He plays very smart and knows how to handle the WR at the los. I hope no one is going off his stats alone when checking him out because his play on the field for the jags and vikings have been much better than the stats show. I couldn't ask for much more from my 2nd favorite team to my favorite team.

Grade: 76 | Key

Comment: Williams has been the Jaguars starting right CB since coming to Jacksonville from Minnesota where he played for four years. He had one of his best seasons of his career in 2008 as he finished with 82 tackles and two interceptions. He is a good-sized corner with excellent agility and body control. He has above average speed and understands angles and how to keep receivers within his range. He has supple hips that he can flip to turn and run with receivers without loosing relationship. He shows good route recognition and does a good job of reading the quarterback's eyes to get a jump on the ball. He shows good body control and ball skills when in position to make a play on the ball. He likes to jump on underneath routes and does a good job of taking away slants with a good, quick inside position. If he had upper-echelon long speed he would probably be an elite corner.

From Scouts Inc.

Really hope they are starting much sooner than that, and playing well, but you're right about it being a great 7th round trade (if that's what it actually was, no official word that I've heard on what the actual pick was).

TD himself said it was a 7th round pick when he dropped by the announcer's booth during the Ravens game. So it is confirmed.