Secondary Revamp?

lostnmexico

We can fix this quick if we are agressive. Three DBs I think we must get who were released: Marcus McCauley, a 6'1" CB with great spped who we scouted before. Fact is Falcs discovered Owens when they were originally scouting McCauley! Brian Williams, the ex Jag can play CB and Safety! He is a great tackler and play all over the secondary and could return Erik Coleman to FS unless we also get Pollard. Pollard is an enforcer!

Please TD, I want three DBs for Christmas!

And a LB. Sid Akins couldn't start for his college tem yet he makes our roster, enogh said. Marcus Buckley? Slade Norris?

Well, here's the thing. If they were originally scouting McCauley and ended up finding and going with Owens, there must have been something in McCauley that they didn't like. I'm pretty sure that they were looking at Owens, and definitely going with him all the way through the draft until the 3rd round. I could be wrong. And if the Vikings released him...Well...It's the Vikings. Do they have any standouts at CB?

Thats just terrible! Detroit claimed McCauley! As I said, he is good. Don't know what happened in Minnesota but to answer the previous blogger, Falcs discovered Owens when he was a sophmore and McCauley a senior. I really wanted McCauley but Detroit take precedence because of their crappy record. Oh well! In Ty Hill we desperately trust!

TB

We can fix this quick if we are agressive. Three DBs I think we must get who were released: Marcus McCauley, a 6'1" CB with great spped who we scouted before. Fact is Falcs discovered Owens when they were originally scouting McCauley! Brian Williams, the ex Jag can play CB and Safety! He is a great tackler and play all over the secondary and could return Erik Coleman to FS unless we also get Pollard. Pollard is an enforcer!

Please TD, I want three DBs for Christmas!

And a LB. Sid Akins couldn't start for his college tem yet he makes our roster, enogh said. Marcus Buckley? Slade Norris?

Have you actually watched Adkins instead of just going of college information. This kid runs a 4.3 and is 250 llbs, that is incredible for a LB at his size. He is going to be on special teams and has showed during the preseason that he has alot of potential and acutally played fairly well during the time he got. It says alot that he actually beat out a 10 year vet in Jamie Winborn.

OK. I agree with you on Sid. He played well and I really thought Winborn would make this team:

Nicholas is a better weakside backer. Cannot disengage and shed blocks. All the crap Lofton took about being out of position was him trying to cover Nicholas who was locked up with a blocker!

This team needs a strongside backer! Maybe we can cross train Bierman and get him into the lineup more. He is big enough and fast enough. Just needs to learn a few coverage skills is all.

TB

i hope we sign williams too. i saw mccaully and i liked his measurables out of college but he never did well in the NFL. lions claimed him off waivers, they did not sign him. williams is a FA so he can choose his next team. waiver wire players have no choice unless they clear waivers and become a free agent.

RCB-brian williams

LCB-tye hill

SS-pollard or white(pollard is built more like moore, but white has played both FS and SS)

williams and pollard or white in, harris and fudge out.

also ian johnson in, verron haynes out.

i would feel good about that 53.

Well, here's the thing. If they were originally scouting McCauley and ended up finding and going with Owens, there must have been something in McCauley that they didn't like. I'm pretty sure that they were looking at Owens, and definitely going with him all the way through the draft until the 3rd round. I could be wrong. And if the Vikings released him...Well...It's the Vikings. Do they have any standouts at CB?

MIN arguably has the best DB group in the NFL.

and LOL at the panickers. Yeah, we should go and get other bums to replace our bums...even though they wont be comfy in the system until about week 6. None of these waiver guys are gonna make or break our season.