Scott Wright's mock draft

hawkeye

Greg Hardy is a premier pass rushing DE, with some issues. If you want to know how good he is go to Youtube and watch some clips of him bull rushing Andre Smith. Hardy was darn near pushing Smith straight into the QB. It takes some serious skills to push Smith around like that!

Could see us taking him. Especially if we cut JA98 after this season. He would be JA55's heir and we would be taking the Giants route to D.

Lawrence Sidbury is the heir at the RDE after John Abraham is done playing. We will need a LDE if we end up cutting JA98, which is why Hardy would make sense. He's got the size and strength to hold up at LDE and the pass rushing skills to get to the QB. Not my favorite pick, but I see the thought process behind it.

does anybody think biermann could become a legitamate starter? i would like to see him and sidbury play the ends in a couple years

I think so. This year is going to be the test for our D-Line. I think we have made significant improvements and have laid the foundation for a very talented line for years to come.

If we see good things from our young players, (Sidbury, JA98, and Biermann) I don't think we will go D-Line very early. If we have a repeat of last year where Abe did it all, I could see us looking for another pass rusher considering his age.

Right now, I think we will either go CB, OT, or OLB with our 1st round pick..... in that order. If a DE like Greg Hardy falls in our laps, I think it would be a very solid pick.

I'd love to get Hardy, I wanted him this draft (if he came out early) ... he's one of 2 elite-DE-prospects in the 2010 draft.

He was very limited in the first game this season tho, after a very questionable (but legal) block ... and still got a TFL and a recovered fumble ... but the whole defense was in the Memphis backfield all game long.

If we were to cut JA98, Hardy would be the perfect pick, since Davis isn't that much of a improvement either ... but somehow I doubt that we will pick early enough to get him.

i'd like the pick. i don't exactly know what his off the field issues are and i'm aware of his injury history but i'd like it. you can never have too many pass rushers and as of right now we only have 1 guy that can consistently get to the qb that plays DE. we have a couple of guys with potential, but they're young and raw. davis is decent, but he's not an impact player like hardy is.

i also have faith in our training staff. they've done a great job keeping guys healthy. peria and abe were two guys that were "injury prone" but so far they've been ok.

i'd like the pick. i don't exactly know what his off the field issues are and i'm aware of his injury history but i'd like it. you can never have too many pass rushers and as of right now we only have 1 guy that can consistently get to the qb that plays DE. we have a couple of guys with potential, but they're young and raw. davis is decent, but he's not an impact player like hardy is.

i also have faith in our training staff. they've done a great job keeping guys healthy. peria and abe were two guys that were "injury prone" but so far they've been ok.

He was benched for "lazy play" ... but you could also see that as "wake-up-call".

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere....xml&coll=3