Raiders continue to enable Pats dominance

maxatlanta

So the Raiders have given the pats their 1st round pick for Richard Seymour. Considering Seymour has 1 yr left on his deal, and the raiders will probably pick in the top 5, I'd say they are doing cartwheels in NE. First Moss for a 4th, now this. Why is it that while agents and players are taking advantage of Crazy Al and his desperate-to-win-now antics, the only team to get in on the action is the Pats?

I really hate the Patriots and am really mad at the Raiders for helping them out so much. Al Davis has really lost it.

I'm guessing Al Davis doesn't want to spend the money on a top 10 pick again next year so he just traded the pick away. More money in his pocket. The Raiders after all were 32nd on Forbes' list of most valuable franchises.

As I posted a few minutes ago on TGP,

Al Davis couldn't manage a fantasy football team. Who the **** gave this guy an NFL franchise?

An aging, declining defensive end who is in the final year of his contract for a first round pick? And you know for a fact that Seymour isn't going to stay in Oakland after his contract is up. Man, Al Davis, you bit the bone big time this time. Can this guy just pack his **** bags and leave the league now? It's trades like this that continue to make the Patriots one of the only remaining unstoppable forces in the league.

Randy Moss to New England for a 4th round pick.

Derick Burgess to New England for 3rd and 5th round picks.

And now this? Jesus, somebody put a leash on Davis. I actually feel sorry for Raiders fans, I really do. If they had a half decent front office, with the talent they have had in the past 5 - 6 years, they may have at least had winning seasons, maybe even gone to the playoffs. But no, Al Davis wants speed and quickness! He must trade away all of their top talents! Only a matter of time before Nnamdi is traded away for some ridiculous offer.

The Falcons need to get on the wagon and go to Davis, offer them Norwood and a 5th rounder for Nnamdi, Davis couldn't resist. Norwoods speed and a draft pick?! OH BOY!

He's a 29 year old 5 time probowl. Id give up a first rounder in a heartbeat for that. How many of our first round draft picks have made it to the probowl 5 times in their first 7 years?

Many of those pro bowls were made on reputation alone though. This is a definite win for the Patriots considering the fact that they were unlikely to re-sign him after this year.

So the Raiders have given the pats their 1st round pick for Richard Seymour. Considering Seymour has 1 yr left on his deal, and the raiders will probably pick in the top 5, I'd say they are doing cartwheels in NE. First Moss for a 4th, now this. Why is it that while agents and players are taking advantage of Crazy Al and his desperate-to-win-now antics, the only team to get in on the action is the Pats?

We got a piece of the action last year in the MeAngelo trade. We got a second round pick in '08 plus a 5th this year. And they had Hall every bit of half a season. I call that highway robbery :lol: